What is Ashanti’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, Acting|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1980|
|Place of Birth||Glen Cove, New York, United States|
- Ashanti’s Introduction
- Early Life of Ashanti
- Ashanti’s Career
- Highlights of Ashanti’s Career
- Ashanti’s Personal Life
- Ashanti’s Related Youtube Video
- Famous Quotes of Ashanti
- Success Lessons from Ashanti
- Interesting Facts about Ashanti
Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas is a 41-year-old American singer and actress. She is a multi-platinum, Grammy-winning artist and widely known as one of the first prominent female singers. She is renowned for her work in the R&B and hip-hop genres. Ashanti has been around since the early 2000s and is still one of the most respected names in the industry.
Early Life of Ashanti
Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas was born on October 13, 1980, in New York to Tina Douglas and Ken-Kaide Douglas. Ashanti is a descendant of a renowned African-American lineage. She is the eldest of her siblings and is the elder sister of Kenashia “Shia” Douglas, who has a long list of involvements in feuds.
At age 12, her mother overheard Ashanti singing Mary J. Blige’s “Reminisce” and realized she had a once-in-a-generation talent in her home. By high school, Ashanti was writing songs and performing at local events.
Before her musical breakthrough, Ashanti played as a child extra in the early 90s.
Ashanti’s illustrious career has spanned over two decades and is still going strong. She signed with multiple labels but finally settled for a long-term deal with Murder Inc. in the early 2000s.
Irv Gotti discovered Ashanti due to her vocal notes. She started as a background vocalist, and by 2001, was already on two of the biggest hit songs of the year, “Always on Time” and “What’s Luv?” Ashanti became the first female artist to occupy the top 2 positions on the U.S Billboard Top 100 charts.
By 2002, she released her debut album “Ashanti,” which won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album, along with 8 Billboard Awards and 2 American Music Awards. It has also been certified as triple platinum.
She released her second and third albums, “Chapter 2” and “Concrete Rose,” in 2003 and 2004. After a long break, Ashanti released her fourth album in 2008 titled “The Declaration.” She again went on a hiatus for four years but returned in 2011 and has since released two new albums.
Aside from music, Ashanti starred as a child extra in the 1992 movie “Malcolm X.” She went on to appear in prominent roles and even produce movies such as “Resident Evil” and television shows like “Murder,” “Dynasty” and many more.
Ashanti has modeled for several companies, such as Clairol Shampoo, Pantene, and Ciroc Ultra-Premium Vodka. She also has endorsement deals with Bijules, Bellydance America, Amato Culture, and Alice+Olivia.
Highlights of Ashanti’s Career
- First female artist to occupy the top two positions on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart simultaneously
- 8 Billboard Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards, and a Grammy Award in 2003 for her debut album
- 8 Grammy nominations, 6 American Music Awards nominations, 8 Billboard nominations, 12 MTV nominations
- Starred in 25+ movies and television shows
- She has sold nearly 15 million records worldwide
Ashanti’s Personal Life
Ashanti was in an 11-year-long relationship with renowned rapper Nelly. The pair met at the 2003 Grammy Awards and began dating just a month later. However, they called it quits in March 2014. There have been rumors of her involvement with American football players DeSean Jackson and Darnell Docket.
Featured: Top 67 Richest Singers in the World
Ashanti’s Related Youtube Video
Famous Quotes of Ashanti
- “I was offered seven deals from seven different major labels between 2009-2011, and to be quite honest… nowadays, you need a hit record, a great radio team, an amazing PR firm, social media, a big budget, a team that is ready to work extremely hard, and the drive and passion to win!”
- “One cannot long remain so absorbed in contemplation of emptiness without being increasingly attracted to it. In vain, one bestows on it the name of infinity; this does not change its nature.”
- “Its so important to never limit yourself, to find yourself in a box.”
Success Lessons from Ashanti
Ashanti’s life is full of inspirational lessons. Here are a few that we can take from her success:
- Establish a hands-on approach. Ashanti is a great example of someone who worked for their success instead of being granted a silver spoon. She never relied on others, put her head down, and worked hard for her own success.
- Never give up. Early in her career, Ashanti spent years with multiple records to make a name for herself in the industry but continuously failed. Yet, she persevered and waited, working hard until her moment came.
- Adaptation. One of the biggest reasons Ashanti is still a famous name in the music industry is because of her ability to adapt to situations. She has changed her style of music to the modern era, even though she made her debut over 20 years ago.
Interesting Facts about Ashanti
Here are some interesting facts about Ashanti that most people do not know about:
- Ashanti was named after the Ashanti Empire of Ghana, which ruled between 1670 and 1957.
- She is related to Martin Luther King Jr through her grandfather.
- She is an avid car collector, owning a Rolls Royce Ghost, Mercedes Benz SL, and a customized Mercedes Benz CLS-Class W219.
- Ashanti wrote the No.1 hit song “Ain’t it Funny” for Jennifer Lopez.
Why did Nelly and Ashanti break up?
Ashanti stated that she broke her 11-year relationship with Nelly because he broke her trust and betrayed her. She also claimed that Nelly was a coward without saying why.
How much money does Ashanti make?
It is estimated that Ashanti makes about $1.5 to $2.2 million annually.
What does Ashanti’s name mean?
The name is derived from the Swahili African language, which generally means “thank you.” Ashanti is also a region in central Ghana.
Establishing a net worth of over $20 million and being one of the most renowned female names in the music industry, Ashanti has achieved new heights of success and showed the world her incredible talent. To this day, Ashanti continues to prove why she deserves to be where she is.