What is Blac Youngsta’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1990|
|Height||5’8” / 171 cm|
|Place of Birth||Memphis, Tennessee|
- Blac Youngsta’s Introduction
- Early Life of Blac Youngsta
- Blac Youngsta’s Career
- Highlights of Blac Youngsta’s Career
- Personal Life of Blac Youngsta
- Blac Youngsta’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Blac Youngsta
- Success Lessons From Blac Youngsta
- Interesting Facts About Blac Youngsta
Blac Youngsta’s Introduction
Blac Youngsta is an American rapper who comes from humble beginnings and made his way to the top through hard work, persistence, and determination. His purportedly unjust arrest in 2017 brought him into the public eye and led to the establishment of the “Free Blac Youngsta” grassroots movement.
Early Life of Blac Youngsta
Sammie Marquez Benson was born on April 8, 1990, on McMillian Street, Memphis, Tennessee, a neighborhood plagued by poverty. Youngsta was raised by his grandparents; the identity of his parents is unconfirmed, and Youngsta disclosed in a recent interview that growing up without a father took a toll on him.
The troubled youngster frequently had to go to bed hungry. At only seven years old, he began working at a grocery store to help make ends meet. However, after attempting to steal food from the store, he was caught in the act and lost his job.
Youngsta then began dealing drugs and ended up serving time behind bars before he was even a teenager. He had to endure severe hunger, poverty, and crime throughout his childhood.
Related: Travis Scott’s Controversial Career
Blac Youngsta’s Career
Youngsta made the decision to start producing music while incarcerated. In 2012, he released his debut mixtape, “Fast Bricks.” He added another two iterations to the mixtape series in the next two years.
In 2015, Youngsta’s life turned around with the release of his widely popular single, “Heavy.” It caught the attention of fellow rapper Yo Gotti, who invited Youngsta to sign with his music label, CMG.
Youngsta capitalized on the opportunity by releasing his debut studio mixtape, “I Swear To God,” featuring Yo Gotti. He followed up with several more mixtapes in 2016, inviting several prominent artists for guest features.
Unfortunately, he was accused of perpetrating a shooting incident in 2017 involving Yo Gotti’s long-time rival and fellow rapper, Young Dolph. He turned himself into the police but did not accept the charges. The incident swept social media by storm and resulted in a movement by the rap community called “Free Blac Youngsta,” with rappers like Young Thug speaking out in his support.
Youngsta was eventually released, and all charges were dropped. He established his own label under GMC called “Heavy Camp” and signed with Epic records shortly after. His 2018 debut studio album “223” was a major success, charting at number 42 on the Billboard 200. Most of his singles and collaborations that followed were also ranked highly, fully cementing the rapper as a mainstream identity in the world of Hip-Hop.
Highlights of Blac Youngsta’s Career
- Released his first mixtape, Fast Bricks, in 2012
- Signed with CMG in 2015.
- Found his own record label, Heavy Camp, under CMG
- Released his high-charting debut studio album “223” in 2018
Personal Life of Blac Youngsta
Youngsta has kept his private life away from the public eye. The identities of his family members are also unknown.
Youngsta is currently single. He has not been romantically linked with anyone as of yet. Media networks reported that Youngsta was gay, but he quickly addressed the rumors claiming them to be false.
Featured: Yo Gotti’s Sudden Rise to Fame
Blac Youngsta’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Blac Youngsta
Here are some of Youngsta’s most famous quotes and sayings:
- “Yeah, “toot toot.” It started like that. That’s how the beat even got created. With me thinking of an idea that I wanted the beat to go “toot toot.”
- “I think it was me wanting to do something different. I always try to try shit.”
- “For me personally, I like being by myself. If I go record though with nobody in the room, or something like that, I can vibe.”
Success Lessons From Blac Youngsta
Here are some lessons we can learn from the drug dealer turned multi-millionaire rapper:
- Innocent until proven guilty. While Youngsta was a prime suspect after the drive-by shooting of Young Dolph because of his association with Yo Gotti, the rapper maintained his innocence and surrendered to the legal system peacefully. Charges against him were later dropped.
- Stand out. Youngsta’s unique style of music sets him apart from other rappers in the industry. He’s been able to establish an identity for himself with brilliant lyrics and addictive tunes. Stand out from the competition if you want to succeed.
- Collaborate. Connect with others and collaborate with them for mutual benefit. It’s no secret that knowing people in real life is paramount to success in today’s day and age. Youngsta has made great use of the opportunities he’s had, from inviting other rappers to be featured as guests to making several guest appearances himself.
- Change for the better. Youngsta originates from a world of crime. He began selling drugs as a child and, despite multiple gunshot wounds and prison sentences served, continued doing so during his adulthood. His life shows by example that anyone can turn their life around with sheer dedication and timely luck.
Interesting Facts About Blac Youngsta
Here are some interesting facts about Blac Youngsta that we bet you didn’t know before:
- In 2016, Youngsta was arrested after withdrawing $200,000 in cash from his bank account, as the workers mistakenly assumed he was robbing the bank.
- He weighs approximately 75 Kg at 5 feet 7 inches.
- Youngsta was shot thrice in 2015.
- He reportedly once sold crack cocaine to his own aunt.
Was Blac Youngsta removed from CMG?
Youngsta is still a part of CMG. The rumors that suggested otherwise have been proven false.
Where is Blac Youngsta now?
Youngsta reportedly resides in a multimillion-dollar mansion in Los Angeles, California.
How does Youngsta make his money?
Youngsta derives wealth through record sales, ad revenue, concerts and tours, and brand endorsements.
Blac Youngsta is a 32-year-old American rapper who’s had his fair share of controversy in recent years. Even though charges against him for the shooting of Young Dolph were dropped, he is now once again under public scrutiny with the recent murder of Dolph in 2021.
Rather than addressing the claims and accusations of his involvement in the crime, the rapper instead doubled down on his antagonistic sentiments by rapping next to his late rival’s tomb.
Read more: Young Dolph’s Life and Career