What is Blippi’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$75 Million|
|Source of Wealth||YouTube, Amazon Video, Hulu, Netflix|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1988|
|Height||5’10 / 178 cm|
|Place of Birth||Ellensburg, Washington|
- Blippi’s Introduction
- Early Life of Blippi
- Blippi’s Career
- Highlights of Blippi’s Career
- Personal Life of Blippi
- Blippi’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Blippi
- Social Media Stats of Blippi
- Success Lessons From Blippi
- Interesting Facts About Blippi
Stevin John is an American video producer who goes by the alias Blippi. His videos are geared towards educating and entertaining children between the ages of two and seven.
Stevin is best known for his role as the character “Blippi” on his YouTube channel. His channel, also named Blippi, currently has 15.8 million subscribers. Other streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Video, and Hulu also host his video content.
Early Life of Blippi
Stevin W. John, officially named Stephen J. Grossman, was born on May 27, 1998, in Ellensburg, Washington. He has not disclosed much about his childhood.
Stevin grew up in farmlands. As he describes himself, he grew up “surrounded by tractors, cows, and horses.”
As a child, Stevin wished to be a limousine driver and a fighter pilot. He went on to become a loadmaster for the United States Air Force in 2006, serving until 2008. His official rank was “Airman First Class.”
John gave special attention to coming up with the name for his YouTube channel. He considered several criteria – the name had to be easy to pronounce, cheerful, and upbeat. After a careful selection process involving hundreds of names, he ended up with Blippi. A similar level of scrutiny was also involved in choosing Blippi’s outfit. It ended up being orange and blue – two colors that stand out from any background because of their striking contrast with each other.
John posted his first video on the Blippi YouTube channel on January 27, 2014. At the time, he did all the work involved in production, editing, and posting. This didn’t last long, though – the channel gained popularity rapidly and started generating a handsome amount of revenue.
Capitalizing on the rapid growth, John hired multiple employees and expanded his production team in order to roll out new videos even faster. He had his videos translated to multiple languages so that Blippi could reach a wider audience. As time would tell, his efforts paid off. Blippi remained one of the fastest growing channels on YouTube during its early years and is still growing at an incredible rate today.
In 2019, the channel had 6.5 million subscribers. In 2020, it was purchased by Moonbug entertainment. Today, the original channel, currently named “Blippi – Educational Videos For Kids,” nears 16 million subscribers. Several secondary channels also exist, with the most popular one being “Blippi Toys,” at 9 million subscribers.
John continues to perform as the character Blippi today. He also receives income from Blippi’s merch and product lines that contribute to his net worth.
Highlights of Blippi’s Career
- Served in the United States Air Force from 2006 to 2008.
- Released the first Blippy YouTube Video on January 27, 2014.
- YouTube channel purchased by Moonbug entertainment in 2020.
- The first Blippi national tour, Blippi the Musical, took place in 2019.
Personal Life of Blippi
Stevin John got engaged to Alyssa Ingham in August 2021. On March 9, 2022, Stevin and Alyssa had their first child. They named him Lochlan David John. The news was made public the same Sunday via a post on Instagram.
Not much else is known about John’s personal life. While he is popular, the majority of his audience consists of children, meaning John doesn’t appear in mainstream media the way other celebrities do. He also prefers to keep details of his personal life private, and most of his public comments are related to his role as Blippi.
Blippi’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Blippi
Blippi has expressed his concern over the lack of educational content for children on YouTube and aims to fill the void with his content. Here are some of his quotes that touch on this topic:
- “I love the interaction I have with kids and parents on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email. It’s really cool because if this was 10 years ago you couldn’t really message Mr. Rogers and say ‘Hey Mr. Rogers this is what I love about your show,’ but kids can now.”
- “It seems like the kids really enjoy me but the parents do too because they can keep their kids entertained with Blippi and they know it’s safe content that’s educational.”
- “When he was two years old I noticed my sister was using YouTube because it was free, but I started to see there just wasn’t any good quality children’s content on there.”
Social Media Stats of Blippi
Stevin John is active on social media. Here are the links to his official accounts, along with the number of followers he currently has:
Success Lessons From Blippi
Here are some lessons we can learn from Stevin John, popularly known as Blippi:
- Find a need in the market and fulfill it. This is a lesson you’ll commonly hear from wealth gurus and the like; however, Stevin has put it into practice.
- Work hard for what you believe in. During the initial phase of the YouTube channel, Stevin took on all the video production work by himself.
- Be open to change. Stevin’s current video content is worlds apart from the gross-out videos he used to make in 2013.
- Follow your dreams. Stevin wanted to be a fighter pilot as a child, and while he technically didn’t succeed, he did join the air force.
Interesting Facts About Blippi
Some interesting facts about Stevin you might not have known before:
- The idea for Blippy came to Stevin when he observed his nephew watching low-quality YouTube videos and decided to devote himself to creating entertaining and educative content for kids.
- Blippi videos have been criticized for being lazy, repetitive, and lacking in intellectual curiosity. Stevin has defended his video content against these claims
- Stevin used to create gross-out content under the alias Steezy Grossman in 2013. In one of his videos, he had his friends defecate on him. He has expressed regret over creating this type of content: “at the time, I thought this sort of thing was funny, but really it was stupid and tasteless, and I regret having ever done it.” The gross-out content can no longer be found on search engines because of DMCA strikes issued by Stevin.
- Stevin has five years of experience working as a marketing consultant.
- Moonbug entertainment and Zigazoo, a social-educational NFT platform intended for a child audience, recently collaborated to release a “Blippi” NFT collection. It will be made available for purchase on July 21.
What happened at Blippi’s live tour?
Stevin John did not participate in the 2019 Blippi tour. A backup actor, Clayton Grimm, performed as Blippi instead. This was met with disappointment and frustration by parents. The management eventually offered refunds.
How much did Moonbug entertainment pay for Blippi?
It is reported that Moonbug purchased Blippi and Cocomelon for a combined $120 million. It is not clear what part of that counts as payment for Blippi. This acquisition has established Moonbug entertainment as an industry-leading kid’s entertainment media distributor.
Has Blippi been replaced?
While Stevin John hasn’t been removed from playing his role as Blippi, he and Clayton Grimm now both play Blippi in videos on the official channel. Because of how similar they look when dressed up, It’s hard to tell the difference between the two without focusing.
Stevin John, AKA Blippy, plays the character ‘Blippy” on his eponymous YouTube channel. His content is largely intended for a child audience. While he has been involved in controversies in the past, he now provides children all over the world with a means of entertainment combined with education. Stevin John is set to make a public appearance (as Blippi) at the Wilma Rudolph Event Center in Clarksville on July 19th from 4 to 6 pm.