What is Chris Brown’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$60 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper / Singing / Dancer|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1989|
|Height||6’1 / 185cm|
|Place of Birth||Tappahannock, Virginia|
- Chris Brown’s Introduction
- Early Life of Chris Brown
- Chris Brown’s Career
- Chris Brown’s Legal Issues
- Highlights of Chris Brown’s Career
- Chris Brown Albums
- Personal Life of Chris Brown
- Chris Brown’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Chris Brown
- Social Media Stats of Chris Brown
- Success Lessons From Chris Brown
- Interesting Facts About Chris Brown
Chris Brown’s Introduction
Christopher Maurice Brown, famously known as Chris Brown, is a rapper, singer, and songwriter. Along with Usher and R. Kelly, Chris Brown is also considered one of the greatest R&B singers in history according to Billboard.
He is frequently titled as the “King of R&B.” His musical style is regarded as polyhedric, and his songs having references to sex, fast life, romance, and emotional conflict.
Early Life of Chris Brown
Christopher Maurice Brown was born in Tappahannock, Virginia, on May 5, 1989, to Joyce and Clinton Brown. His mother was the director of a daycare center, while his father was a correction officer.
Brown is a self-taught dancer and singer. He showed interest in hip-hop music from early childhood. Chris has repeatedly stated that he was inspired by Michael Jackson and Usher. Brown began to perform at local talent shows and church choirs. His mother recognized his talent and started to look for potential record deals.
At the same time, Chris’ parents decided to split up. His mother became a victim of domestic violence due to his new boyfriend, causing emotional stress to Chris.
Chris Brown’s Career
Chris Brown dropped his debut album after his name “Chris Brown,” at the age of 16. The album was received positively by his audience and became a huge success. Three of his songs ranked on the Billboard Top 100 chart and the album was certified triple-platinum. In the first week, the album sold over 150,000 copies.
Chris released two more albums over six years, all of which were well-received by critics and added to his popularity. His fourth album, “F.A.M.E.,” became the first album to top the Billboard Top 200. It also won a Grammy Award for ‘Best R&B Album’ in 2012.
In January 2007, Chris Brown debuted in the film “Stomp the Yard.” Later that year, he also appeared in “This Christmas.” Chris has appeared in multiple films, including “Think Like A Man,” “Battle of the Year,” as well as the television show “Black-ish.”
He released his tenth album “Breezy” on June 24, 2022, as a follow-up to his last album “Indigo.” Chris collaborated with multiple artists on this album, including Lil Wayne, Tory Lanez, Lil Baby, and Jack Harlow.
Chris is also an adept entrepreneur. In several interviews, he has stated that he owns 14 franchises of Burger King. In 2012, he launched his clothing brand called “Black Pyramid.” Chris also has a subsidiary under the Interscope called “Chris Brown Entertainment” (C.B.E.) since 2007.
Chris Brown’s Legal Issues
1. Rihanna Assault
In 2009, Chris was arrested for assaulting his then-girlfriend, Rihanna. According to reports, they had a heated argument, which quickly escalated and turned physical. He also threatened to kill her and bit her ear.
Rihanna had multiple injuries to her face and needed immediate medical attention. Brown was found guilty of the charges and sentenced to one year of domestic violence counseling, five years of a restraining order from Rihanna, and five years of probation.
2. Other Legal Issues
On June 14, 2012, Drake and Chris got into a scuffle in a nightclub in New York City. Eight people were injured, including Tony Parker. Chris’ lawyer alleged that Drake was the instigator, but he wasn’t arrested. Chris Brown took this incident to social media and criticized Drake.
In January 2013, Chris got into an altercation with Frank Ocean over a parking space outside a recording studio. Seon Kingston, who was present at the situation, alleged that Frank Ocean and his cousin had instigated the incident. Chris later sued Frank Ocean and his cousin, and the case was resolved.
In June 2013, Chris was involved in a hit-and-run in Los Angeles. Consequently, his probation was revoked. He wasn’t imprisoned. However, an additional one thousand hours of community service were added to his probation terms.
On August 30, 2016, an anonymous woman called the police claiming that Chris had threatened her at gunpoint. The police immediately went to Chris’ home. He denied their entry without a warrant. After they got a warrant, the police arrested Chris and searched his home and found no evidence. Authorities later discovered that the woman had a history of making fabricated accusations against other artists as well. Charges against Chris were later dropped.
Brown is currently prohibited from carrying a firearm due to his previous assault felonies. He is also denied a visa to Japan, the United Kingdom., Australia, and New Zealand due to his criminal records.
Highlights of Chris Brown’s Career
- Won a Grammy Award for “Best R&B Album” in 2012.
- Won 4 Billboard Music Awards.
- Chris Brown has the seventh most Billboard Hot 100 entries.
- Released his album “Breezy” on June 24, 2022.
Chris Brown Albums
- Chris Brown (2005)
- Exclusive (2007)
- Graffiti (2009)
- F.A.M.E. (2011)
- Fortune (2012)
- X (2014)
- Royalty (2015)
- Heartbreak On A Full Moon (2017)
- Indigo (2019)
- Breezy (2022)
Personal Life of Chris Brown
Chris was in multiple relationships and has three children in total. His first daughter, Royalty Brown, was born with Nia Guzman in 2014. He had another child with Ammika Harris in 2017. In 2018, he announced his third daughter by posting a picture with her on Instagram.
Chris was very religious during his childhood. He states that he has more church clothes than regular clothes. He was included in the church choir due to his ‘angelic vocals’.
Featured: Rihanna’s Music Career and Dating Life
Chris Brown’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Chris Brown
Here are some of the most popular and inspirational quotes by Chris Brown:
- “Haters keep on hating, cause somebody’s gotta do it.”
- “I think the key is basically just your determination. As far an artist is concerned, it’s just about your drive and your dream.”
- “Since I’m always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family.”
- “I always imagined I could be what I wanted to be.”
Social Media Stats of Chris Brown
Chris Brown is one of the most followed artists on different social media platforms. Here are links to his official accounts:
- Instagram: 113 million Followers
- Facebook: 51 million Followers
- Twitter: 32.1 million Followers
- YouTube: 23.2 million Followers
- Snapchat: 1.61 million Followers
Success Lessons From Chris Brown
Throughout his career, Chris Brown has seen a fair share of success in multiple musical genres. Here are some inspiring lessons from the R&B legend:
- Never give up. Even after he was imprisoned and sent to rehab, Chris didn’t give up on his music career and progressed into a better artist with time.
- Consistency. Chris started his music career when he was just 15. He has been in the music industry for over 20 years and keeps making hits.
- Learn from your mistakes. Chris Brown has been involved in multiple controversies and incidents in the past. Instead of taking the criticism personally, he learned from his past behaviors and has improved his reputation over the past few years.
- Go all out. Chris doesn’t thinks of making music as a job. Despite being a natural virtuoso, he is experimenting with different music styles and evolving his songs and melodies with new albums.
Interesting Facts About Chris Brown
- Chris Brown has a sister, Lytrell Bundy, who works at a local bank.
- Chris dropped out of school when he was signed to Jive Records.
- Chris Brown gifted his mom a $1 million mansion at age 15.
- Chris has more than 50 tattoos over his body.
Does Chris Brown have a tattoo of Rihanna on his neck?
No, Chris Brown does not have a tattoo of Rihanna on his neck. A representative of Brown denied the rumor to ABCNews.com.
How long were Chris Brown and Rihanna together?
Rihanna and Chris Brown started dating in early 2008. However, they broke up in February 2009 after Chris had assaulted her.
Where does Chris Brown live?
Chris Brown’s lives in a smart house located in Los Angeles. It cost him approximately $4.3 million. It has seven feet tall walls and sixteen cameras monitoring the entire home.
Did Chris Brown attend school?
Chris Brown attended Essex High School but later dropped out to pursue music. He instantly became one of the prominent artists around the globe.
Chris Brown was one of the most loved and followed artists in the early years of his career. His reputation took a downfall after he was involved in assault cases and criminal charges. Still, he remains one of the most talented and creative R&B artists alive today. He has a huge fan base that keep rooting for him to become reformed.
Read Next: Akon’s Success Lessons and Interesting Facts
Featured image credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com