What is Chris Stapleton’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$12 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1978|
|Height||6’0 / 184 cm|
|Place of Birth||Lexington, Kentucky, U.S|
|Partner||Morgane Stapleton (m. 2007)|
- Chris Stapleton’s Introduction
- Early Life of Chris Stapleton
- Chris Stapleton’s Career
- Highlights of Chris Stapleton’s Career
- Personal Life of Chris Stapleton
- Chris Stapleton’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Chris Stapleton
- Social Media Stats of Chris Stapleton
- Success Lessons From Chris Stapleton
- Interesting Facts About Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton’s Introduction
Chris Stapleton is an award-winning country-soul singer who has released some of the best country music of the past decade. He is also known for his brilliance in songwriting – he has penned numerous chart-topping songs for celebrity artists such as Adele, Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeran.
Early Life of Chris Stapleton
Christopher Alvin Stapleton was born on April 15, 1978, in Lexington, Kentucky, to Carol and Herbert Stapleton. His paternal ancestry consisted of coal miners. The Stapletons moved to Staffordsville soon after Christopher’s birth. The town only had a population of about 200 people at the time. Chris grew up there with his elder brother and younger sister.
Christopher first encountered music through his father, who used to listen to country and R&B music. He developed an interest in music at a young age.
Christopher studied at the Johnson Central High School. He played football and was a model student. He graduated as a salutatorian – a prestigious title second in rank to the valedictorian.
Stapleton continued his education by enrolling at Vanderbilt University for an engineering degree but dropped out near the end of his first year. Shortly after quitting university, Stapleton began practicing music.
Chris Stapleton’s Career
In 2001, Stapleton moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to explore new avenues and opportunities for his musical career. It took him a mere four days after his arrival to secure a deal with Sea Gayle Music, a local publishing house.
In 2007, he became the lead singer for the bluegrass band “Steel Drivers” and stuck with them until 2010. That year, he created his own rock band, “The Jompson Brothers.” The band released their debut album that same year and started gaining popularity. Stapleton’s powerful vocals brought him praise from fans of country and soul music.
In 2013, Stapleton decided it was high time he began releasing his own music as a solo artist and signed with Mercury Nashville. He released his debut studio single, “What Are You Listening To,” in October 2013. However, the single was not the commercial success Stapleton had hoped it would be.
Be that as it may, Stapleton had already established himself as a musical identity at this point and was invited to several shows and events in the following years. In 2015, he released his debut studio album, “Traveller.” The album’s name was inspired by a long road trip he had recently been on.
Traveller was very well received and loved, especially by country music fans. The album won several prestigious awards and received a Grammy for “Best Country Album” in the following year. It was also a great commercial success – the album solidified its place on the charts by becoming the best-selling country album of 2016. The album went on to become Billboard’s top country album of the decade!
During 2015, Stapleton also performed at the CMA Awards with Justin Timberlake. The performance remains one of the most watched events in the CMA Award show history and propelled Stapleton’s popularity to new heights.
Stapleton released his second album, “From A Room: Volume 1,” in May 2017. He quickly followed this up with the sequel to Volume 1 and his third studio album, “From A Room: Volume 2,” in December that year. Both albums debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and Volume 1 was declared the best-selling country of the year.
Stapleton’s fourth and latest studio album, “Starting Over,” was released in 2020.
Stapleton has one of the most decorated country music careers in history. He boasts an impressive 8 Grammy Awards among tens of other distinguished awards from prominent country music groups.
Highlights of Chris Stapleton’s Career
- Founded his southern rock band, “The Jompson Brothers,” in 2010.
- Released his debut single, “What Are You Listening To,” in 2013.
- Released his debut album, “Traveller,” in 2015.
- Released his second and third albums, From A Room Volumes 1 & 2, in 2017.
Personal Life of Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton met his wife Morgane in 2003 in Nashville. Both of them shared a passion for music and worked in vicinal publishing houses. Stapleton asked her out by asking her if she would like to write a song together.
The two shared their feelings for each other and got married in 2007. As Morgan is well-versed in music production, she has assisted Stapleton throughout his career. She is also a singer-songwriter by profession.
Stapleton has been somewhat reserved in revealing details about his children to the press. In 2018, he told The Boot: “I signed up for this, my children did not. I am a very private person, and in that respect, I keep my children out of it.” The Stapletons have five children – four boys and one daughter.
Stapleton donates to charity but keeps it low-key. Two of the charities he has helped are FarmAid and MusiCares. In 2016, he performed at his former high school and donated $57,000 worth of musical equipment.
Chris Stapleton’s Related YouTube Video
Guest Host Chris Pratt Interviews Chris Stapleton
Famous Quotes of Chris Stapleton
Here is what Chris Stapleton has to say about music:
- “Music is not a game to me. I take it very seriously.”
- “I am always interested in making myself as uncomfortable as I can. Sometimes I ask myself, ‘Can I stand onstage and sing this song and sell it?’ Sometimes I can’t. In a room, you get to pretend a little bit and step outside of yourself.”
- “Why would you want to dictate somebody else’s taste or happiness? Music is supposed to be joyful and move people, and however that gets accomplished for different people, it’s all good.”
Social Media Stats of Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton is active on social media. Here are the links to his official accounts, along with the number of his current following:
- Facebook: 1.9 million followers.
- Instagram: 1.7 million followers.
- Twitter: 342.7K followers.
- TikTok: 56.8K followers.
- YouTube: 2.16 million subscribers.
Success Lessons From Chris Stapleton
Here are some success lessons we can learn from country-soul legend Chris Stapleton:
- Follow your dreams. Stapleton dropped out of university and then left for Nashville to pursue a career in music.
- Build and nurture relationships. Much of Stapleton’s success and popularity stems from his collaborations with other famous artists, such as Justin Timberlake.
- Do your best. Stapleton advises young and up-and-coming artists to just get out there and do their best.
Interesting Facts About Chris Stapleton
Some interesting facts about Chris Stapleton you might not have known before:
- Many of Stapleson’s tracks have ended up on the official soundtracks of popular films, such as “Valentine’s Day” and “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip.”
- Stapleton played all the instruments on his debut album “Traveller.” His excellence with the guitar has not gone unnoticed by fans and critics.
- Before starting out in music, Stapleton used to work at a Papa John’s franchise.
- Stapleton made a background appearance in Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3: “The Long Night.”
Read More: Jennifer Lopez Music Awards and Weird Facts
Where is Chris Stapleton now?
Chris Stapleton resides with his wife and children in Nashville, Tennessee.
Is Chris Stapleton friends with Justin Timberlake?
Yes. The two developed a close friendship based on their mutual fatherhood.
What is Stapleton’s biggest hit?
Fans widely regard “Tennessee Whiskey” from his debut album Traveller as Stapleton’s best release to date.
Chris Stapleton is an American country-soul musician who experienced a sudden boost in popularity after performing his iconic track “Tennessee Whiskey” with Justin Timberlake at the 2015 CMA Awards.Stapleton is currently on tour! He will be performing all over the U.S. in promotion of his latest album, Starting Over. The tour will feature a number of guests at each and last all the way until October 2022.
Featured image credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com