What is Coi Leray’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Singing|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1997|
|Height||5’4” / 163 cm|
|Place of Birth||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S|
- Coi Leray’s Introduction
- Early Life of Coi Leray
- Coi Leray’s Career
- Highlights of Coi Leray’s Career
- Coi Leray’s Personal Life
- Coi Leray’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Coi Leray
- Success Lessons From Coi Leray
- Interesting Facts About Coi Leray
Coi Leray’s Introduction
Coi Leray is a hip-hop artist from America who started rapping in her pre-teens and is now one of the most popular female rappers in the industry. She released her debut studio album, Trendsetter, in April 2022. Her recent collaborations with DaBaby and Nicki Minaj have done well to boost her popularity among the hip-hop community.
Early Life of Coi Leray
Coi Leray Collins was born on May 11, 1997, in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S, to famous rapper and media personality Ray Benzino. She moved to Hackensack, New Jersey, shortly after her birth and grew up there with her five brothers. Her parents divorced in 2005.
Leray developed an interest in hip–hop at an early age due to her father’s background. She started rapping at age 11 and released her first track by the time she was 14. After turning 16, Leray decided to drop out of her local high school and started working in sales. At the same time, she continued to nurture her talent for music.
Read more: Rihanna’s Early Life and Personal Life
Coi Leray’s Career
After a temporary hiatus from rapping to focus on her full-time job, Leray returned to the music scene and began releasing tracks on Soundcloud. Her 2017 debut single, “G.A.N.,” saw positive reception and allowed the young rapper to set foot into the industry.
Leray made it big in 2018 with the release of her breakout single “Huddy.” That same year, she also released her first mixtape, “Everythingcoz.” Leray was included as a featured artist on the international hit Spiderman: Homecoming. This feature brought her great fame and allowed her to progress in her career as a rap artist.
In 2019, Leray released her second mixtape, “EC2.” Her rising popularity also afforded her the opportunity to collaborate with several other up-and-coming rap artists. In 2020, Leray released her debut EP, “Now or Never.”
The year 2021 proved to be another favorable year for the talented artist. Her first single of the year, “No More Parties,” became an instant sensation and climbed to No. 84 on the Billboard 100 chart. This track went on to be certified platinum.
At this point, Leray was well on her way to being considered a mainstream artist. She appeared on the famous Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and performed the hit single live. Her popular single, “Twinnem,” spread over social media like wildfire. Famous rapper DaBaby was featured on a remix of the popular track.
Leray has come far since. She went viral multiple times in 2021 and took the next big step in her career by releasing her debut studio album, Trendsetter, in April 2022. Unfortunately, the album did not take off as well as expected, with only 9,000 copies getting sold in the first week.
Her collaborative single with Nicki Minaj, “Blick Blick,” is her biggest release in recent years.
Highlights of Coi Leray’s Career
- Made her debut as a professional rap artist in 2017
- First saw success in 2018 with the single, “Huddy”
- Released the iconic “No More Parties” in 2021
- Released her debut studio album, Trendsetter, in April 2022
Coi Leray’s Personal Life
Coi Leray is currently single. She reportedly dated fellow rapper Trippie Red for a few months in 2019. She was also in a year-long relationship with fellow rapper Pressa Armani, but revealed in a recent interview that the two had decided to separate. This came as a shock to both of the rappers’ mutual fans.
Featured: Interesting Facts about DaBaby
Coi Leray’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Coi Leray
Some of Leray’s most popular quotes:
- “Got out a relationship and hopped on tour, I think that’s fly.”
- “I can’t even sleep because I’m too busy thinking about that money.”
- “I’m on my way to the riches.”
Success Lessons From Coi Leray
Here are some lessons we can learn from the early success of Coi Leray:
- Start young. Something commonly seen among top-rated performers of any kind is that they start developing their skills at a young age. While it’s never too late to start, there’s no denying that being early gives you a massive head start.
- Work with other people. Much of Leray’s success can be credited to her numerous collaborations with other rappers. Find mutually beneficial relationships to progress faster.
- Choose your own path. Leray started off in sales but soon got tired of the 9 to 5 routine and decided to revert to a career in music. Don’t let societal norms dictate your choices.
- Don’t give up. Leray worked hard at music for several years with her younger brother, Taj, before making it big in 2018. Despite receiving a poor response on her debut album, Leray continues to pursue music and collaborate with different artists.
Interesting Facts About Coi Leray
Here are some interesting facts about Coi Leray you might not have known before:
- Leray suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Her inspirations include artists like Doja Cat and Lady Gaga, among several others.
- Leray is interested in culinary arts and has announced her intention to pursue a degree.
- She has a series on her YouTube channel called “Cooking With Coi Leray.”
Where is Coi Leray now?
Coi Leray currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
What did 50 Cent say about Coi Leray?
Cent provided a few words of encouragement to Leray after she fell victim to online bullying for her low first-week album sales.
Did Blueface date Coi Leray?
The two dated very briefly in 2020. They were seen together on social media, but later broke up due to undisclosed reasons.
Coi Leray’s journey from a 9-to-5 salesman to a revolutionary female rapper is an inspiration for budding musicians. She posted her first music on Soundcloud and sprung out to multiple social media platforms after witnessing success. Today, she’s a well-known rapper/influencer and continues to show bright hopes for her future.
Read next: Lady Gaga’s Life and Career
Featured image credit: Ted Alexander Somerville / Shutterstock.com