What is Cordae’s Net Worth?
|Net worth||$1 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1997|
|Height||5’10” (177 cm)|
|Place of Birth||North Carolina|
|Partner||Naomi Osaka (2019 onwards)|
- Cordae’s Introduction
- Early Life of Cordae
- Cordae’s Career
- Highlights of Cordae’s Career
- Cordae’s Personal Life
- Cordae’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Cordae
- Success Lessons From Cordae
- Interesting Facts About Cordae
Cordae is an American rapper who got initial success after releasing a remix track based on Eminem’s song My Name Is (1999). He had his content featured on the WorldStarHipHop YouTube channel which garnered a lot of fame and attention. The rapper was an overnight success and was already friends with some of the members of the “YBM” group.
In 2018, his stage name was YBN Cordae. That would change, however, upon his departure from the group in 2020. The artist chose to ditch the initials for a mononymous name. Cordae earned the respect of his fans with his lyrical talents and masterful delivery. The production value of his videos is high enough to captivate his viewers on his own YouTube channel.
Early Life of Cordae
Cordae was born on August 26, 1997, in North Carolina but grew up in Maryland listening to his father’s rap music. The artist took inspiration from several big names when he started out writing and producing his own songs during his time at school. Cordae had to make a name for himself, but couldn’t find the time to promote his work.
He wounded up releasing three mixtapes during his time at high school. He considers Big L, Tupac, and Nas as his biggest musical inspirations. The artist knew he was not cut out for pursuing higher education so he dropped out of college, and soon after took his rap career to the next level. His prior work had already cemented him as an underground rising artist before his video popped up on WorldStarHipHop’s YouTube channel.
The My Name Is remix was a big game-changer for Cordae in 2018. The rapper drew in a lot of attention and hype, and not long after, his first live debut at the Rolling Loud music festival turned a few heads in the crowd. The artist started touring with Juice WRLD during his North America tour in 2018 and ended up performing in over 20 different cities.
Cordae was a huge asset for YBN before the group suddenly disbanded after an announcement on Twitter by YBN Nahmir. He was releasing music with them and getting featured on his friend’s tracks all the time. Cordae dropped the YBN from his name and released a debut solo album titled The Lost Boy that got him nominated for a Grammy twice during the 2019 Award show.
The rapper’s music is a blend of classic and modern hip-hop. That sentiment is also represented through the guest features on his albums. Cordae has released tracks with people like Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Gunna, Lil Wayne, and Lil Durk.
Highlights of Cordae’s Career
- He officially joined YBM and released content through WorldStarHipHop’s platform.
- Going on tour with Juice WRLD earned him the experience and exposure needed to grow his own music and reach.
- Cordae’s departure from YBN was a turning point and that was when he started taking his solo rap career seriously.
- Cordae’s second album featured several prominent members of the American rap community. Despite being only 25, he has worked with several big names like Eminem and Stevie Wonder.
Cordae’s Personal Life
Cordae likes to keep his personal life somewhat private. However, fans of the artists are aware of his current partner and social activism. The artist was present at the 2016 Black Lives Matter protest and performed pieces that evoked strong emotions. He even got arrested for his participation in the Breonna Taylor protest in 2020.
Cordae is currently dating a professional Japanese tennis star, Naomi Osaka. The couple is frequently seen together on internet shows or podcasts. They have been together since 2019 and met at a baseball game.
Cordae’s Related YouTube Video
H.E.R & YBN Cordae Perform an Eye Opening & Evocative “Lord Is Coming” | BET Awards 2019
Famous Quotes of Cordae
- “Just stay true to myself. That’s not even my goal. That’s what you always have to do, ’cause at the end of the day when the cameras are off and you put your phone down, you got to live with yourself, be comfortable and sleep at night with the decisions you’ve made so I’m just always myself unapologetically.”
- “My creativeness stems from my love of music. Music is pure emotion. Music is the infinity sign. Music is self-expression in its purest form – it’s how I express my anger, my self-doubt, my love. I think my music is very vulnerable and very expressive, very transparent.”
- “There’s not any pressure to be the next anybody. I can’t be a Nas or Jay Z because there’s already a Jay Z and a Nas. I can just be me, and be the best Cordae there ever was.”
Success Lessons From Cordae
- Pursue Your Passion: Staying motivated and thinking about your passions is important. But it’s also necessary to go out and actually pursue your interests just like Cordae did once he realized he was destined for more.
- Take All Of Life: Cordae took the highs with the lows and chose to bounce back even though life dealt him a heavy hand during his days in Maryland. Although the young rapper lacks a gripping background or story, he still continues to deliver captivating tales through his music that people can relate to.
- Be Yourself: Cordae is unapologetic about who he is and the kind of music he likes, which increases his appeal to his target audience. The old-school style of his music features an aesthetic that appeals to an older audience whereas young listeners can appreciate the fresh and up-to-date beat that comes with that style of delivery.
Interesting Facts About Cordae
- He’s been called the “Gohan” of the YBN collective by Revolt TV.
- The rapper used to work at a T.G.I Fridays after he dropped out but quit his job fairly quickly.
- His social media handle used to be “Entendre,” before he changed it to “YBN Cordae,” and then just his first name “Cordae.”
- Cordae has been writing songs since he was only fifteen years old.
Why did Cordae change his name?
He didn’t want to associate himself with a label he had no ownership over, so he dropped the YBN from his name.
Is Cordae dating anyone?
Cordae is dating the Japanese athlete Naomi Osaka since 2019. The pair is often spotted in public.
What does the name YBN mean?
YBN stands for “Young Boss N***as,” a rap collective that was formed in 2014 that featured rappers from different places like Alabama, Maryland, Texas, and California.