What is Davido’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, Endorsements|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1992|
|Height||5’7 / 1.7m|
|Place of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
- Davido’s Introduction
- Early Life of Davido
- Davido’s Career
- Highlights of Davido’s Career
- Davido‘s Personal Life
- Davido’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Davido
- Success Lessons from Davido
- Interesting Facts about Davido
Davido is an American-born Nigerian singer, songwriter, and record producer. He stepped into the music industry at a young age, but it wasn’t until 2011 that he solidified his position as one of the most high-profile artists in the world.
A hallmark of Davido is his ability to seamlessly combine African music elements with global mainstream pop. His single, “Dami Duro,” spread like wildfire on the internet and garnered him a Next Rated Award in 2012.
From 2013 to 2016, he released a string of commercially successful and hit singles, including “Gobe” and “The Money,” which secured him a lucrative deal with the American multinational label, Sony Music, in 2016.
Early Life of Davido
David Adedeji Adeleke was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on November 21, 1992. His father, Adedeji Adeleke, is a billionaire businessman, while his mother, Dr. Veronica Adeleke, was a professor at a University. Davido has one older brother, Adewale Adedeji, and two sisters, Sharon and Ashley Coco.
Davido’s mother passed away in 2003. His father raised him and his siblings. He studied at The British International School and then went to Oakwood University to study business administration.
Davido became passionate about music while studying at the university and joined the music group called “KB International.” He dropped out to join Babcock University and graduated with a degree in music in 2015.
Read More: Richest Singers In The World
The seeds to Davido’s international fame were sown while he was still a student. In 2011, he dropped the studio album “Omo Baba Olowo,” which had a phenomenal blend of Hip-Hop and Afrobeats. The album featured guest appearances from many notable artists like Ice Prince and B-Red, to name a few. The album was certified as Best R&B/Pop Album while also being nominated for Album of the Year. The single “Back When” established him as a rising star.
In 2013, Davido received mainstream success after releasing his second album, “The Baddest.” The album’s lead single, “Globe,” peaked at No. 2 on Premium Times’ list of the Top 10 songs. The song’s music video was posted on YouTube, and it instantly amassed a whopping 40 million views.
Davido gained widespread recognition from his EP titled “Son of Mercy.” which he released after signing with RCA Records. It featured guest appearances from Nasty C, Tinashe, and included the singles “How Long” and “Coolest Kid in Africa.”
In 2019, his fame sky-rocketed once again with the release of his studio album, “A Good Time.” Working with high-profile artists such as Chris Brown and Risky, Davido released many hit singles like “Blow My Mind,” “If,” and “Assurance,” to name a few.
Highlights of Davido’s Career
- Won the Best African Act at the MOBO Awards in 2017.
- Won the BET Award, Nigeria Entertainment Award, MTV Award, Kora Award, and African Music Award.
- Released the single “Fall,” which stayed on the Billboard chart for four consecutive weeks.
- Launched his record label “Davido Music Worldwide.”
Davido‘s Personal Life
Davido has been in several relationships throughout his life. He first dated a socialite/model named Sophia and had one daughter with her named Aurora Adeleke. However, their relationship was short-lived. Davido then began dating a reporter named Amanda. He had his second daughter, Hailey Veronica, from her. Davido is currently seen dating Chioma Rowland.
Davido has signed numerous endorsement deals with popular multinational brands. He was a top ambassador in Nigeria. In 2012, he signed a ₦30 million endorsement deal with a South-African telecommunications company called MTN. In addition, he has also endorsed the Hong Kong smartphone company Infinix Mobile, 1xBet, and the French alcoholic brand Martell.
Davido’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Davido
Davido is an influential figure, having supported many campaigns. His words evoke a sense of nationalism. Let’s take a glance at some of his quotes:
- “If you are feeling depressed, remember you are not alone. God is with you always. Don’t be afraid to reach out to people in your family, your church, or your friend circles. Ask them to pray with you and not give you drugs.”
- “Make that call. Sent that text. Forgive that person. Tell them you miss them. Let go of that grudge. Show more kindness. Don’t take it for granted because tomorrow isn’t promised.”
- “Justice slowly becoming a thing of the past in our dear country…a kid somewhere in Nigeria dreaming of becoming a lawyer and bettering the community would see this and start having doubts.”
Success Lessons from Davido
Davido has pushed himself to be better throughout his life. Here are some of the success lessons we can adopt from his success:
- Follow Your Passion. As the son of a billionaire running a successful business, who would not wish to inherit it and follow in their father’s footsteps? As mesmerizing as it sounds, Davido did not follow the trajectory set by his father. He realized he had a God-gifted talent for singing. Even if that sounded disappointing to his father, he never allowed his father to dictate his decision.
- Constantly Reinvent Yourself. Have you noticed how frequently Davido releases new songs and albums? On one hand, we are blown away by the catchphrases in his songs, and it doesn’t take long till his new song comes out, which enthralls us even more with its power-packed beats.
- Endure the Hardships. The year 2017 was rather rough for Davido. The level of controversies that struck him would force any ordinary person to give up. Davido lost many of his close associates, but even under the acute pressure, he did not step back. He fought it all with his exceptional endurance.
- Collaborate. No, collaboration doesn’t belittle you or obscure your name in the market. Instead, it’s a tool for exposure and a room for learning. If you become too self-invested, you often become stereotypical and don’t progress. Davido has collaborated with many famous artists, which is primarily why his songs have such diversity.
Interesting Facts about Davido
Davido is a man of talent who arouses curiosity in individuals. Here are some of the exciting yet mind-blowing facts about him:
- Davido loves watching cartoons and comedies.
- He has received over 50 awards and nominations.
- Davido was once robbed and lost $60k and a Rolex watch.
- He started producing music when he was only 13.
How much is Davido’s private jet?
Davido is one of the youngest Nigerians to own a private jet. He owns a Bombardier Global Express 6000, which is worth $62 million.
How did Davido develop an interest in music?
His inspiration behind making music was his mother, from whom he inherited the love of entertaining people.
Did Davido make any inspirational songs?
Yes, he grouped with Lola Rae, Mi Casa, Tiwa Savage, and Diamond Platnumz to release “Rise Up,” to support the Africa Rising campaign.
Davido proved himself to be an outlier by forging his own path instead of inheriting his father’s multibillion dollar business. He released numerous award-winning hit singles and albums, which not only cracked him multiple multi-millionaire deals with popular labels, but also established him as one of the richest singers in Nigeria. His grand success also places him on the 2019 Forbes list of “Top 100 Most Influential Africans.”
Read Next: DaniLeigh’s Career Highlights and Early Life