What is Dua Lipa’s Net Worth?
|Net worth||$35 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singer|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1995|
|Height||5’8″ (172 cm)|
|Place of Birth||London, England|
Dua Lipa’s Introduction
Dua Lipa is an English singer-songwriter, model, and one of the world’s most well-known female pop musicians. Known for her breathy, husky vocals and disco-pop sound, she took the world by storm when her debut album came out in 2007.
Over the years, Lipa has dominated the music industry with one hit album after the other. Along with several awards, Dua Lipa boasts an impressive fan base with nearly 87 million followers on Instagram. Before making it big as a pop star, Dua worked as a model, and that reflects in her unique and daring fashion sense.
Early Life of Dua Lipa
Dua Lipa was born on August 22, 1995, in London to Kosovan-Albanian parents who immigrated from their war-torn home country to the UK in 1992. Her mother and father, Anesa and Dukagjin Lipa are Muslim, and her maternal family is of Bosnian descent. Lipa was exposed to music as a child since her father was a member of the Kosovan band Oda. She developed an interest in music at an early age and began singing when she was only five years old.
Lipa attended Fitzjohn’s Primary School in West Hampstead, London, where she learned how to play the cello. She also began singing lessons when she was only nine years old. After Kosovo declared independence in 2008, her family moved there, and Dua learned the local language while thinking about starting her music career. When Dua moved back to the UK at age 15, she slowly began to work on her music career. She began posting several covers on SoundCloud and YouTube, gradually drawing in an audience.
Before releasing her music with a label, she also worked as a model and gained popularity through various appearances, notably in a 2013 advert for The X Factor.
Featured: Success Lessons from Doja Cat
Dua Lipa’s Career
Dua Lipa began her music career in 2013 when she signed a deal with Tap Management. She left her job as a waitress and began focusing on recording music. Only a year later, she signed a deal with the well-renowned label Warner Bros. Records which also works with artists such as Damien Rice and Ed Sheeran. Working with Warner Bros. was Dua’s big break, and she soon became one of their most significant assets. In 2015, she released her first two singles New Love and Be The One, with the latter reaching number 1 on many international charts.
In 2016, Dua released three more singles including Last Dance, Hotter Than Hell, and Blow Your Mind (Mwah), which were also very successful. She began expanding her horizons at this point by working with other music artists such as Sean Paul and Martin Garrix.
Dua’s debut album came out in June of 2017 and included many summer anthems like New Rules and IDGAF, the former of which was her best-selling single to date and peaked at number 1 in the UK. During the year, Lipa performed at several festivals and won her first two Brit Awards.
During 2018, Dua Lipa mainly focused on collaborating with other artists like Calvin Harris, Andrea Bocelli, and the bands Silk City and Blackpink. In 2019, she returned with a new album titled Future Nostalgia. The album featured some of her best singles like Physical, Levitating, Don’t Start Now, and Break My Heart.
After the release of the album, Lipa achieved worldwide recognition and collaborated with various renowned music artists, such as Madonna, Missy Elliott, FKA Twigs, Miley Cyrus, and Elton John. Most recently, Dua Lipa released a track with Megan Thee Stallion titled Sweetest Pie (2022).
Modeling & Fashion Career
Dua has appeared on the cover of several magazines like Elle, Vogue, GQ, and V — including their international editions. Aside from modeling, Lipa is also known for her collaborations with the casual and denim clothing brand Pepe Jeans London. She was the face of their 2019 Spring/Summer collection and eventually designed a capsule for their Autumn/Winter collection. In 2020, she collaborated with the brand again for both the Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections.
Many have time and again praised and attempted to replicate Lipa’s style that effortlessly showcases the best of the Y2K era. She is often rated as one of the best-dressed celebrities at various events. Most recently, Dua Lipa made her runway debut walking the Spring/Summer 2022 show for Versace at Milan Fashion Week.
Highlights of Dua Lipa’s Career
- Earned a record deal with Warner Bros. Records at the start of her career.
- Made history by being the first female artist to receive five nominations at the Brit Awards in 2018.
- Nearly a week after the release of Future Nostalgia (2020), it took the number one spot on the Official UK Albums Chart.
- Dua was the youngest on British Vogue‘s list of the 25 most influential British women of 2018.
- Two sculptures of Lipa were unveiled at Madame Tussauds in London and Amsterdam in 2019.
- Throughout her music career so far, Dua Lipa has received 50 nominations and 11 awards.
Dua Lipa’s Personal Life
Dua Lipa is very transparent about her romantic life and many of her relationships have been well-known to the public. From 2013 to 2017, she was in a relationship with English chef Isaac Carew. The pair broke up and got back together multiple times during the course of their relationship. From mid-2017 to the start of 2018, she was in a relationship with Paul Klein, the lead vocalist of the American band LANY. Soon after her breakup, she resumed her relationship with Isaac Carew whom she dated till mid-2019.
Most recently, Dua Lipa’s relationship with American model Anwar Hadid received significant media coverage. The pair were often spotted together in public and would post photos on Instagram. Lipa and Hadid broke up at the end of 2021. The pair dated for two years and won hearts across the world.
After her break up with Hadid, Dua Lipa maintained privacy about her relationship status. According to her interview with Vogue for the June/July 2022 issue, she is “single and content.” She also stated that she was on a hiatus from relationships, saying “The next chapter of my life is about truly being good with being alone.”
Read More: Ciara’s Career Highlights
Dua Lipa’s Related YouTube Video
73 Questions With Dua Lipa | Vogue
Famous Quotes by Dua Lipa
- “I’ve always had this anger toward the patriarchy. I just never liked boys telling me what to do.”
- “The way you see the world is the reflection of what you have built in your life. Think about what hurts you the most and heal it. You have that power.”
- “I’ve definitely grown up. Overall, whether it’s sonically or in terms of the themes, I’ve matured. It’s like I’m coming into my power and not afraid to talk about things. It’s about understanding what I want.”
Success Lessons From Dua Lipa’s Career
- Don’t Forget Where You Come From: Dua is the child of Kosovar immigrants and she is proud of her heritage. She credits her community for her drive and success. In her words, “They have given me so much. They believed in me before anyone else did. So I want to be able to lift other people up if I have the opportunity.”
- Never Give Up: In 2017, Dua Lipa became the subject of many jokes online when a video of her dance performance went viral. Instead of giving up, she worked hard over the years to become a skilled performer.
- Give Back What You Receive: Dua Lipa has invested in numerous philanthropic ventures, including her own charity organization Sunny Hill Foundation. She also founded Service95, a subscription newsletter that amplifies the voices of global creatives and activists.
Interesting Facts About Dua Lipa
- Dua Lipa’s grandmother named her. Her name is the Albanian word for “love”.
- She is bilingual and speaks Albanian and English.
- You might have heard Dua’s nickname “Dula Peep,” which was actually a mispronunciation by Wendy Williams.
- Dua has two siblings, a sister called Rina and a brother called Gjin. Her sister is an actress based in London.
Dua Lipa is a modern icon when it comes to both music and fashion. The singer may have come from humble beginnings but she built a name for herself. Despite her fame and success, Dua stays an outspoken advocate for human rights while also giving back to her community.
Read Next: Interesting Facts About Rihanna