What is Finn Wolfhard’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Full Name||Finn Michael Wolfhard|
|Source of Wealth||Actor/ Musician|
|Date of Birth||December 23, 2002|
|Place of Birth||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Height||1.73 m (5’8″)|
- Finn Wolfhard’s Introduction
- Early Life Finn Wolfhard
- Finn Wolfhard’s Career
- Highlights of Finn Wolfhard’s Career
- Personal Life of Finn Wolfhard
- Finn Wolfhard for GQ
- Famous Quotes From Finn Wolfhard
- Social Media Stats of Finn Wolfhard
- Success Lessons from Finn Wolfhard
- Interesting Facts About Finn Wolfhard
Finn Wolfhard’s Introduction
Finn Wolfhard is a well-known name in the entertainment and music industry. While he primarily rose to fame after being cast in Stranger Things, the actor has had many other popular roles. Wolfhard has won many awards and accolades at a young age, and his current net worth is $4 million.
His passion for his work is apparent in his outstanding performances. To learn more about Finn Wolfhard, keep on reading.
Early Life Finn Wolfhard
Born on December 23, 2002, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Wolfhard was exposed to many cultures at a young age. His family is of French, German, and Jewish descent. He first attended Catholic school but was homeschooled after. Wolfhard has an older brother, Nick Wolfhard, who is also an actor.
Wolfhard’s love for music and acting was encouraged early on. He recalls enjoying many films and classic albums with his father. Wolfhard and his brother were inspired by their father’s passion for movies, and both went on to pursue a career in acting.
Finn’s love for acting goes back to his childhood when he first watched Spider-Man (2002). When Wolfhard’s debut film was released, he was only thirteen.
Featured: Alex Warren’s Career and Success Lessons
Finn Wolfhard’s Career
Although surprising, Wolfhard secured his first acting role through an ad on Craigslist. His acting and television debut was in The 100 as Zoran, and soon after, he played Jordie Pinksy in the American dark fantasy drama TV series, Supernatural.
His role in the 2016 Netflix series Stranger Things skyrocketed his career, becoming an internationally renowned actor. He auditioned for the role via video and was selected along with one of his classmates.
In 2019, Wolfhard starred in the Netflix animated series Carmen Sandiego. Another notable role is his character Richie Tozier in the film adaptation of Stephen King’s It (2017). The movie was a box office record breaker, instantly becoming the highest-grossing horror movie in the world. The movie grossed a whopping $701.8 million. Wolfhard also starred in the sequel It Chapter Two (2019).
Other than these prominent roles, Wolfhard has lent his voice and acting skills to many projects over the years: The Turning (2020), The Goldfinch (2019), the animated remake of The Addams Family (2019), Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021), and Smiling Friends (2020), to name a few.
At 17, Wolfhard made his directorial debut with the short film Night Shifts (2020). In an interview with NME, Wolfhard revealed that he is working on a feature-length film.
Other than acting and directing, Wolfhard also takes an interest in music. He was the lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter for Calpurnia, a rock band based in his hometown. Although Calpurnia officially dissolved in 2019, Wolfhard created a new band, The Aubreys. The band consists of Wolfhard and former Calpurnia drummer Malcolm Craig. Since the band’s creation, they have released five singles, their debut EP, and a debut studio LP.
Wolfhard’s latest album, Karaoke Alone (2021), is full of diverse influences. His biggest inspirations include Wilco, The Flaming Lips, and The Hives.
Highlights of Finn Wolfhard’s Career
- Wolfhard and his castmates won the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for their roles in Stranger Things.
- Wolfhard has worked with many renowned names such as Paul Rudd, Guillermo del Toro, Jason Reitman, Bill Murray, and Emma Stone to name a few.
- Variety has listed Wolfhard in their young Hollywood Youth Impact Report from 2017 to 2019.
- The Hollywood Reporter has named him one of the top 30 stars under 18.
- Wolfhard made Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2020. This list, annually released by Forbes magazine, includes influential people from over twenty fields under 30 years old.
Personal Life of Finn Wolfhard
Finn Wolfhard lives in Vancouver with his family. Not much is known about the star’s personal life. He is currently in a relationship with Elsie Richter, and the pair have been together since early 2021.
Wolfhard spends most of his time studying, playing guitar, and spending time with his friends. Although Finn is a famous child actor well-known around the globe, he spends his time like any other middle-schooler.
Wolfhard is also an active philanthropist. He worked for the welfare of society in numerous ways: He supported the autism research programme and supported the idegionous children rights. To cater for the struggling musicians, he donated all the money through a concert he organized called “Strange 80s”
Read More: Richest Women in the World
Finn Wolfhard for GQ
Famous Quotes From Finn Wolfhard
Finn Wolfhard’s words develop a strong imagery in our minds that push us to redefine our boundaries. Here are some of his influential quotes we found:
- “It’s going to sound cheesy, but if I have family and friends I don’t really care where I am.”
- “I don’t take the Internet and social media very seriously. I’ve grown up around social media but to me what happens on the Internet just doesn’t feel real.”
- “I mean if anyone’s comfortable being famous, they’re a psychopath.”
- “I need time to do whatever I want to do. What happens to an actor that has no life experience? They don’t know how to act as a different role. So, that’s really important to do.”
Social Media Stats of Finn Wolfhard
Finn’s hard work and first-in-class acting skills have established him as an iconic star. Here is a measure of his immense fame in some statistical terms:
- Instagram — 21.1M Followers
- Instagram (The Aubreys) — 243K Followers
- Twitter — 84.1K Followers
- YouTube (The Aubreys) — 78.3K Subscribers
Success Lessons from Finn Wolfhard
- Hard work and persistence. Finn starred in many TV Shows before gained mainstream fame. His career wasn’t smooth and was marked by rough patches. However, his hard work and persistence made him stand out. He patiently waited and fought all the elements of hatred and troubles head-on. His efforts landed him the role in the all-time famous Netflix TV Series, Stranger Things.
- Work for the betterment. We all know he plays the role of Mike Wheeler in Stranger Things, but did you know that Finn is paid $225,000 for a single episode? That totals to above $2 million for his recent season. Finn does not boast about the money he makes, rather he uses it for various philanthropic works.
- Networking is a crucial part of acting. Finn did not make it to the top all by himself. His journey to stardom was accompanied by his brother Nick, who is also an actor. He supported him and mentored him to master his acting skills. His support proved to be a stepping stone to garnering him a reputable position.
Interesting Facts About Finn Wolfhard
Here are some of the exciting facts about Finn that we bet you didn’t know of:
- Finn Wolfhard can play various instruments, including the piano and guitar.
- Wolfhard was sick in bed when he auditioned for Stranger Things via video. The creators of the show loved his audition regardless.
- When the director of The Goldfinch (2019) was looking for an actor to play Boris, Wolfhard was not his first choice. He was looking for an authentic Russian actor to play the young Ukrainian schoolboy and troublemaker. However, Wolfhard’s near-to-perfect Russian accent helped him secure the role.
- Wolfhard made his modeling debut in Saint Laurent’s Fall/Winter Campaign in 2019.
What is Finn Wolfhard’s band name?
Calpurnia was an indie rock band formed in 2017, and consisted of Finn Wolfhard, Malcom Craig, Ayla Tesler-Mabe, and Jack Annderson. The band was, however, dissolved and Finn joined a new band called “The Aubreys.”
Does Finn Wolfhard have a tattoo?
Yes, he has a tattoo of “Joker” from the Batman series on his knee.
DId Finn Wolfhard date Millie Bobby Brown?
The two actors were rumored to be dating, but both of them denied these rumors. In 2021, he was romantically involved with Elsie Richter.
Finn Wolfhard is a renowned Canadian actor, best known for his role as Mike Wheeler in Stranger Things. While this role certainly catapulted him to stardom, Wolfhard continued to redefine himself, excelling in a broad range of other projects. He proved the world that his worldwide fame doesn’t hinge on Stranger Things alone.
His passion for acting landed him many important roles in popular films, including It (2017) and Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021). Besides acting, Wolfhard found new avenues to success through his music career, which further bolstered his magnificent career.
Featured image credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com