What is Finn Wolfhard’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Full Name||Finn Michael Wolfhard|
|Source of Wealth||Actor/ Musician|
|Date of Birth||December 23, 2002 (Age: 19)|
|Place of Birth||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Height||1.73 m (5’8″)|
Finn Wolfhard is a well-known name in the entertainment and music industry. While he primarily rose to fame after being cast in Stranger Things, the actor has had many other popular roles. At a young age, Wolfhard has won many awards and accolades and his current net worth is $4 million. His passion for his work is apparent in his outstanding performances. To learn more about Finn Wolfhard, keep on reading.
Wolfhard was born on December 23, 2002, in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. At a young age, he was exposed to various cultures since his family is of French, German, and Jewish descent. He first attended Catholic school but was homeschooled after. Wolfhard has an older brother who is also an actor, Nick Wolfhard.
Wolfhard’s love for music and acting was encouraged from a young age. He recalls enjoying many films and classic albums with his father. Wolfhard and his brother were inspired by their father’s passion for movies and both went on to pursue a career in acting.
Finn’s love for acting goes back to his childhood when he first watched Spider-Man (2002). He was drawn to the profession from a young age and intended to pursue it. When Wolfhard’s debut film was released, he was only thirteen years of age.
Although surprising, Wolfhard secured his first acting role through Craigslist. His acting and television debut was in The 100 as Zoran, and soon afterward as Jordie Pinksy in Supernatural.
Although it’s notable that Wolfhard landed these roles at an early age, it is his role in the Netflix series Stranger Things that skyrocketed his career. Wolfhard became an internationally renowned actor due to his role in the series. He auditioned for the role via video and was selected along with one of his classmates.
In 2019, Wolfhard starred in the Netflix animated series Carmen Sandiego. Another notable role is his character Richie Tozier in the film adaptation of Stephen King’s It (2017). Wolfhard also starred in the sequel It Chapter Two (2019).
Other than these prominent roles, Wolfhard has lent his voice and acting skills to many projects over the years such as The Turning (2020), The Goldfinch (2019), the animated remake of The Addams Family (2019), Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021), and Smiling Friends (2020) to name a few.
At 17, Wolfhard made his directorial debut with the short film Night Shifts (2020). In an interview with NME, Wolfhard revealed that he is working on a feature-length film.
Other than acting and directing, Wolfhard also takes an interest in music. He was the lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter for Calpurnia, a rock band based in his hometown. Although Calpurnia officially dissolved in 2019, Wolfhard created a new band, The Aubreys. The band consists of Wolfhard and former Calpurnia drummer, Malcolm Craig. Since the band’s creation, they have released five singles, their debut EP, and a debut studio LP.
Wolfhard’s latest album, Karaoke Alone (2021) is full of diverse influences. His biggest inspirations include Wilco, The Flaming Lips, and The Hives.
- Wolfhard and his castmates won the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for their roles in Stranger Things.
- Wolfhard has worked with many renowned names such as Paul Rudd, Guillermo del Toro, Jason Reitman, Bill Murray, and Emma Stone to name a few.
- Variety has listed Wolfhard in their young Hollywood Youth Impact Report from 2017 to 2019.
- The Hollywood Reporter has named him one of the top 30 stars under 18.
- Wolfhard was also included in Forbes 30 Under 30 in 2020, a list annually released by Forbes magazine that includes influential people from over twenty fields under the age of 30. Wolfhard was included in the field of Hollywood and entertainment.
Finn Wolfhard for GQ
Finn Wolfhard lives in Vancouver with his family. Not much is known about the star’s personal life. He is currently in a relationship with Elsie Richter and the pair have been together since early 2021.
Wolfhard spends most of his time, studying, playing the guitar, and spending time with his friends. Although Finn is a famous child actor well-known around the globe, he spends his time like any other middle-schooler.
- Finn Wolfhard can play various instruments, including the piano and guitar.
- Wolfhard was actually sick in bed when he auditioned for Stranger Things via video. The creators of the show loved his audition regardless.
- When the director of The Goldfinch (2019) was looking for an actor to play Boris, Wolfhard was not his first choice. He was looking for an authentic Russian actor to play the young Ukrainian schoolboy and troublemaker. However, Wolfhard’s near-to-perfect Russian accent helped him secure the role.
- Wolfhard made his modeling debut in Saint Laurent’s Fall/Winter Campaign in 2019.
Social Media Stats
- Instagram — 21.1M Followers
- Instagram (The Aubreys) — 243K Followers
- Twitter — 84.1K Followers
- YouTube (The Aubreys) — 78.3K Subscribers
“It’s going to sound cheesy, but if I have family and friends I don’t really care where I am.”
“I don’t take the Internet and social media very seriously. I’ve grown up around social media but to me what happens on the Internet just doesn’t feel real.”
“I mean if anyone’s comfortable being famous, they’re a psychopath.”
“I need time to do whatever I want to do. What happens to an actor that has no life experience? They don’t know how to act as a different role. So, that’s really important to do.”
Finn Wolfhard is a renowned Canadian actor, best known for his role as Mike Wheeler in Stranger Things. While this role certainly propelled his career further, Wolfhard’s passion for acting landed him many important roles in popular films including It (2017) and Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021). Other than acting, Wolfhard’s music career is also on the path to success.