What is Foolio’s net worth?
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1998|
|Height||5’9” / 175 cm|
|Place of Birth||Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.|
Julio Foolio is a rap artist from Jacksonville who grew up in the confines of crime and gang violence. He’s seen great success in his rapping career and has collaborated with industry-leading producers like Zaytoven. Currently, Foolio in a legal battle after evading police officers on a highway.
Early Life of Foolio
Charles Jones (a.k.a. Foolio) was born on June 21, 1998, in a crime-riddled neighborhood in Jacksonville, Florida. He has been very reserved in details regarding his personal life, so little is known about his childhood. However, he did state in an interview that he lost some of his family members to crime. It is speculated that his cousin, Zion Brown,was gunned down by armed intruders in 2017.
Foolio studied at a local high school but dropped out in 9th grade after he was shot while on the school bus. Foolio later reported his fear of being an easy target if he had continued going to school. Nevertheless, these circumstances allowed the young Jones to focus on his passion – rapping.
Foolio stepped foot into the rap game in the early 2010s but first saw popularity in 2015 with the release of his track “Coming Up,” featuring Stunt and Los. The track saw dramatic popularity on a local scale, amassing some half a million views on YouTube within its first month of being released.
The local popularity allowed Foolio to grasp a stronger social position in his neighborhood. He would perform atnightclubs and quickly started to grow as a local rapper. In 2016, Foolio dropped his first mixtape, “Who I Am,” consisting of 12 tracks. His single, “Reach the Top,” went viral and became the stepping stone to his success.
After amassing a sizeable fanbase on YouTube, Foolio took to Spotify and Soundcloud to expose himself to a broader audience. In 2018, he paired up with talented producer Zaytoven to take things up a notch, which proved to be a huge success.
Foolio, with the assistance of Zaytoven, released his biggest project to date – the mixtape “6Toven.” This mixtape featured the track “Crooks,” which was an instant viral sensation and established Foolio as a mainstream artist.
He followed this up by releasing another mixtape, “Never Wanted Fame,” in early 2019. He has released multiple tracks since and continues to make strides as a local and online rapper. His tracks on YouTube have millions of views, and his social media following statistics show a strong uptrend.
A large part of what makes Foolio’s music so popular is his direct and expressive lyrical style. The lyrics in his songs talk about murders that occurred due to gang violence in his hometown of Jacksonville. Foolio is speculated to be an active gang member himself and has had serious run-ins with law enforcement on multiple occasions. He is in a legal predicament as of 2022.
Highlights of Foolio’s Career
- Released “Coming Up” in 2015
- Dropped his first mixtape, “Who I Am,” in 2016
- Started collaborating with ace producer Zaytoven in 2018
- Released his signature song, “Crooks,” in 2018
Foolio’s Personal Life
Foolio is currently in a relationship with social media influencer Buban Babby. She was shot in 2020, and the news was self-reported by her via an official social media account.
Foolio has been part of a few controversies during his time as a rapper. Most notably, he called out Yungeen Ace, a singer of the diss track “Who I Smoke,” directed at the gang members who had lost their lives in Jacksonville. The two have been involved in a fiery feud made worse by the fact that they belong to rival gangs.
Foolio’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Foolio
Here is a display of Foolio’s lyrical genius:
- “Corbin got kidnapped. They found his bones he was rotten (Where’s Corbin?).”
- “I started from druggin’ and thuggin’ and strugglin’ so one day I’m gon’ reach the top.”
- “Money or the fame can’t change me. I’m a still be the same me.”
Success Lessons From Foolio
Foolio has been tormented by Jacksonville’s gang crime throughout his life. Here are some success lessons we can learn from the ambitious rapper:
- Start small. The ambitious rapper started small and grew slowly but steadily. Today, his name is known all over Jacksonville and much of Florida.
- Use the internet. Time and time again, we see local rappers expand into the mainstream because of their brilliant use of the internet and social media. Foolio used a similar strategy by posting on multiple platforms, which contributed to his fame.
- Be genuine. The rapper’s fanbase loves him because of his genuineness. He’s authentic and speaks the truthabout his life growing up and struggles while living in Jacksonville.
- Tell your story. Foolio seamlessly crafts elements of his traumatic past into his lyrics. This subtle art has made him all the more intriguing and interesting to people that resonate with his story.
Interesting Facts About Foolio
Here are some interesting facts about Foolio we bet you didn’t know before:
- Foolio’s Instagram profile picture is a photo of his parents.
- Foolio has been arrested multiple times.
- He weighs 70kgs or 154 pounds.
- Foolio is an animal lover.
Where is Foolio now?
Foolio currently resides in his hometown — Jacksonville, Florida. He was placed under house arrest in April 2022 and is fighting a legal battle against authorities.
What is Foolio’s income?
His annual income is estimated to be just shy of $100,000. He mainly earns from album sales, brand endorsements, and music streaming platforms.
Is Foolio married?
Foolio is not married, although he is in a relationship with Buban Babyy. There are no reports of the two getting engaged either.
Julio Foolio is a rapper from Jacksonville with an inspirational story to tell. He’s currently in a pinch as he was arrested about a month ago for having a tinted window and being under suspicion of fleeing from the police. His attorneys have declared the arrest unlawful.
Foolio appeared in court about a week ago, but a verdict is yet to be reached.
Read next: Jay Z’s Early Life and Career