What is Grace Vanderwaal’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, Songwriting, and Acting|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 2004|
|Place of Birth||Lenexa, Kansas, United States|
- Grace Vanderwaal’s Introduction
- Early Life of Grace Vanderwaal
- Grace Vanderwaal’s Career
- Highlights of Grace Vanderwaal’s Career
- Personal Life of Grace Vanderwaal
- Grace Vanderwaal’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Grace Vanderwaal
- Success Lessons From Grace Vanderwaal
- Interesting Facts About Grace VanderWaal
Grace Vanderwaal’s Introduction
Grace VanderWaal is a 22-year-old American singer, songwriter, and actress. At an early age, VanderWaal became a viral internet sensation with her exceptional vocal skills. The child star has bagged a noteworthy fortune thanks to her successful album releases. Currently, VanderWaal sits atop an impressive $4 million net worth.
Early Life of Grace Vanderwaal
Grace VanderWaal was born on January 15, 2004, in Lenexa, Kansas City. The young star’s mother Tina VanderWaal is a homemaker by profession, while her father David VanderWaal became vice president of marketing at LG Electronics in 2007.
The VanderWaal family then shifted to Suffern, New York. Grace later moved to South Carolina. She has two older siblings; Olivia and Jacob. Grace was homeschooled and later attended a public school in grade 7 after her successful performance in America’s Got Talent. She is expected to graduate from the Laurel Springs School this year.
Grace Vanderwaal’s Career
VanderWaal began her musical career by uploading her music videos on YouTube and singing at open mic events. She won the 11th season of the NBC TV competition show America’s Got Talent at the age of 12 by performing her original songs. VanderWaal’s audition video at AGT caught the attention of more than 100 million people and ranked at No. 5 on YouTube trending charts in 2016.
In the same year, Columbia Records helped Grace release her debut EP “Perfectly Imperfect.” It became a major success and climbed to No. 9 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. By 2017, she was able to release a full-length album titled “Just the Beginning.”
Grace gave impressive performances at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, the Austin City Limits Music Festival, the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria, Madison Square Garden, and on several TV talk shows. VanderWaal conducted her first concert tour in 2017 in support of “Just the Beginning.” She then took a tour with Imagine Dragons in their ‘Evolve’ world tour.
At the beginning of 2019, VanderWaal released her first soundtrack “Hideaway” for the animated film “Wonder Park.” She made many tour stops in the US with “Florence and the Machine” in June 2019 and conducted her own tour as well called “Ur So Beautiful.”
Vanderwal also performed her music at The Trevor Project gala to create awareness about suicide among the LGBT community. VanderWaal released several songs in 2019. The rising star also entered the acting industry in 2020 and played the role of Susan Caraway in the famous Disney+ musical drama film “Stargirl.”
Highlights of Grace Vanderwaal’s Career
- Recognized as the ‘Best New Artist’ in the 2017 Radio Disney Music Award
- Won a Teen Choice Award and named in Billboard magazine’s 21 Under 21 list of fast-rising young music stars for four years
- Received the 2017 Billboard Women in Music Rising Star Award
- Simon Cowell called Grace “the next Taylor Swift”
- She runs her own successful YouTube channel
Personal Life of Grace Vanderwaal
Grace VanderWaal is private about her life and reveals little about relationships and her family. She is reportedly single as of 2022.
Grace Vanderwaal’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Grace Vanderwaal
- “Don’t be afraid to cry. Everyone needs a good cry sometimes. Sometimes I’ll feel it in my throat, like, ‘Today I’m going to cry about something stupid,’ so just to get it out of the way, I’ll watch a sad movie or something, accepting that that’s totally fine and feels good.”
- “I think you need to figure out your balance. ‘Cause if you think too much about that there’s people around and – and how you’re singing and looking and performing, I think that it won’t be a good performance. Then, on the other hand, you can’t just be in your own world.”
- “I feel like it’s just so important for child and teenage development to have music in your life, honestly. And I just think it’s really, really, really rewarding to me, personally, just emotionally, to know that I might have brought that into someone’s life. And that just means a lot to me, because I know how important it can be.”
Success Lessons From Grace Vanderwaal
Grace VanderWaal’s success at a relatively young age is full of inspiring lessons for budding entertainers. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- Don’t conform to the norm. Being unique and different is essential in the entertainment industry. Grace has perfectly portrayed this in her song “Clay”. It speaks about how you shouldn’t mold yourself to someone else’s liking and be your true self.
- Risks are a part of life. To gain something, you have to take a risk. While performing at the 2016 America’s Got Talent, VanderWaal sang her original songs. This was a huge risk as she didn’t know how they would be perceived, but she took that chance and received an excellent response from the audience.
- There is no age to success. At the age of 12, Grace won America’s Got Talent. She was the 2nd youngest person to ever do so. This achievement shows that success is not limited to your age, but rather your mindset. It’s just a myth that you have to be a certain age to be successful or a professional.
Interesting Facts About Grace VanderWaal
- Grace VanderWaal began writing songs and singing when she was just three.
- Grace was homeschooled until she joined a public school in grade seven.
- Grace received shoutouts from celebrities like Justin Bieber and Reese Witherspoon when her audition on AGT first aired.
- Most of her songs are based on her own life, but she also gets inspiration from movies and books.
Is Grace VanderWaal’s hearing impaired?
No, it was Mandy Harvey who in spite of having a hearing problem managed to impress Grace and the judges with her exceptional singing skills on “America’s Got Talent.”
Why did Grace shave her head?
AGT winner Grace VanderWaal shaved her head during quarantine and revealed that it was a way to heal from her past.
Does Grace VanderWaal have a tattoo?
Grace got her first tattoo when she was fifteen. She inked one of her arms with an elephant. The motivation behind this tattoo was that elephants symbolize the ability to hear.
VanderWaal has amassed a huge fan base at an early age with her euphonious voice. Her success can be determined by the fact that she is the youngest person ever to be named on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Music List. Grace has also received many accolades throughout her career and continues to fascinate people with her impeccable talent.
Read Next: Coi Leray Rapping Career and Famous Quotes