What is Gunna’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Songwriting|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1993|
|Height||1.78 m (5’10”)|
|Place of Birth||College Park, Georgia, USA|
|Religion||Christianity (Roman Catholicism), Yoruba|
Sergio Giavanni Kitchens, better known as Gunna, is a rapper and songwriter who is rapidly gaining popularity in the hip hop industry. His debut was relatively slow but consistency brought him great recognition. Gunna is incredibly close to Young Thug and is known for his notable collaborations. His success is evident from his contracts with multiple record labels.
His music resonates particularly with Generation Z as he always makes trending references in his music to remain relevant. Although Gunna is currently incarcerated, his career continues to flourish.
Early Life of Gunna
Sergio Giavanni Kitchens was born on June 14, 1993, in College Park, Georgia, USA. In the absence of a father, he was raised by his mother and four older brothers. His family faced severe financial problems and were desperate to make ends meet. Kitchens got involved with drugs at an early age.
He graduated from Langston Hughes High School. Kitchens always had a passion for music and was inspired by artists such as Outkast, Cam’ron, and Chingy. At age 15, he started producing his own music, which helped him overcome his drug addiction. He pursued music seriously and released his first mixtape, “Hard Body,” in 2013.
In 2015, Gunna became acquainted with Young Thug through a mutual friend, Keith Troup. He signed under Young Thug’s record label, YSL Records. Gunna released his debut mixtape, “Drip Season,” in 2016, which later became a trilogy project. His debut extended play, “Drip Or Drown,” was produced by fellow rapper Wheezy.
Although the start of his career was not up to expectations, his rise to fame was instantaneous. Gunna signed a deal with 300 Entertainment and Atlantic Records. This allowed him to collaborate with countless prominent artists, namely Playboi Carti, Lil Uzi Vert, Nav, and Drake. Kitchens’ debut studio album, “Drip Or Drown 2,” peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.
Gunna is also invested in the world of fashion. He has brand deals with various clothing lines and his own merchandise consisting mainly of hoodies. In 2020, Gunna further broke personal records following the release of the “Wunna” album. It debuted atop the Billboard 200 chart. His most recent and third studio album, “DS4Ever,” features a dazzling roster of popular artists.
Highlights of Gunna‘s Career
- Debut mixtape “Drip Season” (2016)
- Singed with three major record labels; YSL Records, 300 Entertainment, and Atlantic Records.
- Debut studio album “Drip Or Drown 2” (2019)
- Most successful album “Wunna” (2020)
Gunna’s Personal Life
Gunna is very secretive about his personal life. He is reportedly single as of 2022. It is known that Gunna had at least one relationship before with a mystery woman.
Gunna is a philanthropist who frequently addresses social problems. He referenced the COVID-19 pandemic in his tracks to raise awareness. In 2022, he launched a free grocery store at Ronald E. McNair Middle School in collaboration with the company Goodr. He attended the same middle school as a child.
In 2022, Gunna was incarcerated with a 56-count RICO Act indictment charged with conspiracy. Reports claim that he turned himself in peacefully.
Featured: Success Lessons By Moneybagg Yo
Gunna’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Gunna
Here is a glimpse of Kitchens’ beliefs and views on success:
- “I always like to dress up, you know what I’m saying? Put on nice, expensive clothes. But before it was even ‘drip,’ I used to be, like, ‘swag.’”
- “Just keep going. You never know how far you can go.”
- “I just work hard, and when you work hard, a lot of stuff just starts happening for you.”
Success Lessons From Gunna
Gunna’s rise to fame may be unexpected, but that doesn’t mean it was all luck. Here are some of the lessons his hard work has taught him:
- Consistency. Gunna preaches about the importance of remaining dedicated to your goal and never giving up in any circumstance. There is no limit to how much you can achieve. Only you can limit yourself based on the effort you are willing to make.
- Work Ethic. Gunna always worked hard and never knew how he got successful. His work ethic has led him to heights he never even dreamt of. If you are willing to put in the hours, some opportunity will surely unmask itself.
- Guidance. Being around prominent artists, Gunna always took advantage of the situation and welcomed the wisdom of experienced artists.
- Unique identity. Gunna reported that he does not listen to the music of other artists to preserve his own music style. He made sure other music never influenced his own creativity.
Interesting Facts About Gunna
Here are some less-known facts about the rapper Gunna:
- Gunna first started releasing music under the pseudonym “Yung Serg.”
- He loves shopping at Walmart and considers it his favorite store.
- Gunna is currently on a fitness journey and is learning how to box.
- He was arrested on drug-related charges twice in 2011 and 2018.
Is Gunna a snitch?
It is speculated that Gunna has worked with the police. After his feud with Young Thug, a video of the Gunna surfaced on a Crime Stoppers-type platform talking about snitching.
What does Gunna mean by 🅿?
The emoji itself means nothing and was only used to promote his song. The song went viral and the emoji became a meme.
How did Gunna become famous?
His first appearance was in Young Thug’s “Floyd Mayweather” track. He was featured alongside Travis Scott and Gucci Mane, which brought him great fame.
Gunna always strives to produce quality projects to outdo his previous ones. His ability to relate to internet trends or create his own has supported him in rapidly gaining recognition as one of the most important modern hip-hop artists today.
Read More: The Personal Life of Wack 100