What is Icewear Vezzo’s Net Worth?
|Full Name||Chivez Smith|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper/ Musician|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1989 (Age: 32)|
|Place of Birth||Detroit, Michigan|
- Icewear Vezzo’s Introduction
- Early Life of Icewear Vezzo
- Icewear Vezzo’s Career
- Highlights of Icewear Vezzo‘s Career
- Personal Life of Icewear Vezzo
- Icewear Vezzo for The Breakfast Club
- Famous Quotes of Icewear Vezzo
- Social Media Stats of Icewear Vezzo
- Success Lessons From Icewear Vezzo
- Interesting Facts About Icewear Vezzo
Icewear Vezzo’s Introduction
Icewear Vezzo is an American rapper and musician who rose to fame with the release of his mixtape called The Clarity. Even among other well-known rappers from Detroit, like Eminem and Big Sean, Vezzo is a standout with unique talents.
His passion for music is a family affair with other family members comprising the rap group, the Green Guyz.
Vezzo’s current net worth is $500K, and he resides in Saint Claire Shores, Michigan.
Early Life of Icewear Vezzo
Vezzo was born on October 31, 1989, in Detroit, Michigan. The identity of his parents is unknown, but Vezzo has spoken about his hometown on multiple occasions. In an interview with the Metro Times, Vezzo revealed that his mother married his stepfather while his biological father was in prison.
Vezzo studied at Romulus Senior High School and then enrolled at the University of Detroit Mercy. It is unknown what he studied at the university.
In a video for No Jumper, Vezzo revealed that he only lived a block away from the famous rapper Eminem. He also spoke about how seeing Eminem’s success as a rapper inspired him to create his music.
While Vezzo was looking for ways to earn money, he became interested in music. At the age of twelve, Vezzo began writing songs. He also revealed that he used to sell drugs in his teens to earn money, namely marijuana. By the age of sixteen, Vezzo had started calling himself “Young Vez” and was working on his rap career while managing his street life.
Read More: Cardi B Worth and Personal Life
Icewear Vezzo’s Career
In 2012, Vezzo began his music career by releasing his debut mixtape titled The Clarity. He released his second mixtape called The Clarity 2, containing one of his most popular songs, Money Phone, in 2013. In September 2015, the police arrested Vezzo for possessing a .45-caliber loaded Glock.
Vezzo served eighteen months of a two-year prison sentence. After being released from prison, he came out with a new album titled Price Goin’ Up in 2017. In 2018, Vezzo signed with Motown Records, one of the biggest labels to originate in Vezzo’s hometown of Detroit.
After signing with Motown Records, Vezzo now has nearly twenty projects to his name such as “Robbin Seasons” and “The Clarity 6.” He has collaborated with renowned musicians in his genre, such as Meg Thee Stallion, Babyface Ray, and Future. His song “Up The Sco” (2021) has 20 million views on YouTube.
Vezzo’s most recent album, Rich Off Pints 2, was released in 2021. Vezzo is also working on creating a label of his own called Iced Up Records.
Besides music, Vezzo opened a restaurant called Chicken Talk in 2015. It was a carry-out chicken wings restaurant that closed when Vezzo went to prison. He plans to reopen the restaurant and explore other entrepreneurial opportunities.
Highlights of Icewear Vezzo‘s Career
- Released his debut mixtape “The Clarity” (2012)
- Opened his restaurant called Chicken Talk (2015)
- Signed under Motown Records label (2018)
- Released most recent album “Rich Off Pints” (2021)
Personal Life of Icewear Vezzo
In 2016, Vezzo married high school classmate Kiara Marie. They have two children, a daughter, Navy Smith, and a son, Vito Smith. Other information about Vezzo’s personal life is scarce.
As a teenager, Vezzo was addicted to a drink called Lean. It was a popular concoction of soda and codeine medicine among the hip-hop community at the time. It took him many years to overcome this addiction.
In 2018, Vezzo spoke to the Metro Times about how he went to prison right after getting married two months before becoming a father. Becoming a first-time father away from his child helped Vezzo realize that he should focus more on his music and not the streets.
Spending 20 years on probation and years of his life incarcerated helped him realize that he needs to mend his ways. He is an active supporter of the Black Lives Matter Movement and has spoken publicly on the matter numerous times. He released a song, “No More Pain,” in support of the cause and to raise awareness.
Exotic cars, enormous mansions, and precious jewelry are just some examples of Vezzo’s affluence. He owns cars from some of the world’s top automotive brands, including Rolls Royce and Range Rover. Sources state that he owns several real estate properties and currently lives in a $400K mansion.
Featured: Gucci Mane Rapping Career and Facts
Icewear Vezzo for The Breakfast Club
Famous Quotes of Icewear Vezzo
- “When I listen to a beat, I listen to what that beat is saying to me.
- “I made it cool to switch s*** up and be yourself.”
- “I’ve always tried to make sure I’m really rapping, I believe in content. I intentionally try and separate myself when I do music.”
- “At a certain point, you choose who you gon’ love. You gon’ love yourself or love the streets. It’s like overcoming any addiction. I was addicted to the streets, but my love for my family outweighed that.”
- “Love ain’t no word, it’s an action.”
- “The way the universe work, the way God work, He’s going to align them stars if your mind right.”
- “There was a time where I wasn’t trying to teach nothing. This time I can rap about the wrong s***, but I can turn back around and tell you what come from it in a way anybody can understand it.”
- “There is so much talent here. The moment we come together, we’re going to be unstoppable. The whole world listens to Detroit, it’s so many artists from Detroit that’s lit right now.”
Social Media Stats of Icewear Vezzo
Here are the social media statistics of Icewear Vezzo.
Success Lessons From Icewear Vezzo
- Learning from past mistakes. Vezzo realized his shortcomings and overcame his life of crime to provide for his family by focusing solely on his music. As a result, he saw more success than before. Don’t make the same mistake twice.
- Know your worth. Vezzo felt that his opinions were undermined or misunderstood by his record label. Staying true to his music style, he left his record label. It is essential to establish your place in the world.
- Reset button. Despite spending a long time in prison, Vezzo immediately started working on music again to regain his fame after being released. There is no shame in starting over at any point in life.
- Taking responsibility. Vezzo is a loving father who makes up for the lost time with his children by providing them with a safe and comfortable life. Realizing your responsibility is essential to progress.
Interesting Facts About Icewear Vezzo
- Vezzo’s moniker “Icewear” comes from his love for wearing diamonds and jewelry.
- When Vezzo was 12, he listened to his first Jay-Z song fostering his love for music and rapping. He would listen to the song repeatedly and write down the verses to remember the song.
- Initially, Vezzo used “Young Vez” as his rap name but switched to “Icewear Vezzo” when one of his friends suggested making an Instagram page with the name.
- In 2015, Vezzo opened his first restaurant called Chicken Talk. The place closed when he went to prison, but he plans to reopen it soon.
- Vezzo lived a block away from Eminem in his childhood.
As far as their family tree goes, they are suspected to be unrelated. However, Sada Baby refers to Icewear Vezzo in gang terminology as “ a blood with crip cousin.”
What part of Detroit is Icewear Vezzo from?
He is from the East side of Detroit. He describes it as a place where you can always hear hip-hop music playing in a car nearby.
Is Icewear Vezzo an independent music artist?
He became independent after he left his record label. He explained how the label didn’t share the same vision as him and couldn’t understand what he wanted.
Just like many other big names to come out of Detroit, Vezzo has gained a status worthy of his neighborhood. His popularity increases with each new project and it is obvious he is working dedicatedly to produce more music.