What is Ja Morant’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Basketball|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1999|
|Height||6’3” / 191 cm|
|Place of Birth||Dalzell, South Carolina, U.S|
- Ja Morant‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Ja Morant
- Ja Morant‘s Career
- Highlights of Ja Morant‘s Career
- Ja Morant‘s Personal Life
- Ja Morant‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Ja Morant
- Success Lessons From Ja Morant
- Interesting Facts About Ja Morant
Ja Morant‘s Introduction
Ja Morant is a professional basketball player from South Carolina who quickly became one of the best players in the NBA upon his debut in 2019. At the young age of 23, Morant is at the peak of his career and has accumulated a net worth of $7 million. He is currently signed by the Memphis Grizzlies and averages at 21.2 points per game as of 2022.
Early Life of Ja Morant
Temetrius Jamel “Ja” Morant was born on August 10, 1999, in Dalzell, South Carolina. His mother and father were both college-level competitive basketball players who decided not to pursue a professional career after the birth of their son.
His parents’ background in the sport is what inspired Morant to start playing basketball. After being trained by his father, he started playing competitively at Crestwood High School. Despite his stellar performances, he initially went under the radar and stepped foot into the professional leagues in his second year of college.
Ja Morant‘s Career
Morant made the 2019 NBA draft and was signed by the Memphis Grizzlies on a $39.6 million 4-year contract. His debut game was a close loss, but he proved his merit in the following season. Morant was named the NBA 2019 Rookie of the Year with an impressive average of 17.8 scored points per game.
Morant continued to perform well in the following season and made it into the NBA playoffs. Unfortunately, the Grizzlies were eliminated in game 2. The year 2021 proved to be a good year for Ja Morant. He was constantly outdoing himself and breaking his own records. In an impressive 118 – 105 victory against the San Antonio Spurs, Morant set a new career-high by scoring 52 points.
Unfortunately, he suffered a minor knee injury in March 2022 and missed out on the following nine games. Despite this setback, his performances during games were good enough to win him the NBA Most Improved Player Award at the end of the season.
Morant injured his right knee again in May; this time a more serious injury, leaving him unable to join the Grizzlies in the NBA playoffs. On July 6, it was revealed that Morant had signed a 5-year extension with the Grizzlies for a lucrative $193 million. Besides his high salary, Morant also earns handsomely from sponsorships and endorsements with big brands such as Nike and BodyArmor.
Highlights of Ja Morant‘s Career
- Was signed by the Memphis Grizzlies in 2019
- Named the 2019 Rookie of the Year after a dominant first-year performance
- Set a career-high 52 points scored in a single game in February 2022
- Extended his contract with the Grizzlies for five additional years on July 6, 2022
Ja Morant‘s Personal Life
Morant was in a relationship with Kadre Dixon, with whom he had a daughter in 2019. There are mixed reports about the current status of their relationship, but the two appear to have separated.
Morant is also reported to have a luxurious car collection. While he’s not exactly a real estate mogul, he does own a 5,000 sq.ft. apartment in Dalzell.
Featured: Adrian Peterson’s Life and Career
Ja Morant‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Ja Morant
Despite his great performances, the young star athlete remains hard on himself and always strives to be better:
- “I have to be extremely better, i feel like I was a no-show. We can’t have that.”
- “It’s an honor to be able to do that. I’m blessed to be in the position I’m in and be able to play the game at the highest level. But that’s not on my mind at all. We lost. Obviously, it wasn’t enough.”
- “I really don’t care about what I’ve done tonight, i missed a free throw to tie it. That’s pretty much the only thing on my mind.”
Success Lessons From Ja Morant
Here are some success lessons we can learn from the top-rated athlete:
- Choose a craft and then perfect it. Morant has stuck with basketball since childhood. He is by no means at the end of his journey and continues to refine and improve his abilities.
- Stay humble. As you can see from the above-mentioned quotes, Morant remains humble despite his excellent performance and statistics. Humility helps you identify margins for improvement and further accelerate your personal growth.
- Learn from your mistakes. Morant pays particular attention to the mistakes he makes while playing, which is arguably a large part of why he’s improved so much over the years.
- Keep pushing boundaries. No matter how good you are, there’s always room for improvement. Morant broke his own records multiple times in the 2021 season, proving that he can become a star player in the league.
Interesting Facts About Ja Morant
We’ve collected for you some interesting facts about Ja Morant you might not have known before:
- Morant could not dunk until he was in his senior year at Crestwood.
- Famous rapper J.Cole gave a shout out to Morant in his song “My Life.”
- Moneybagg Yo released “Rookie of the Year” to commemorate Morant for his award.
- Morant’s favorite rapper is Lil Baby.
What is Promiseland?
Promiseland is a six-part documentary that highlights the events that took place in Morant’s first season in the NBA.
Where is Ja Morant now?
Morant currently resides in Memphis, Tennessee.
What is Morant’s salary?
Reports indicate that Morant earned approximately $11 million for the 2020-21 season.
Ja Morant is an ambitious basketballer who’s currently making headlines in the sport. His innate talent combined with high-quality coaching from the get-go allowed him to get a head start over his peers and dominate the game at a young age. With his recent contract extension, Morant’s $7 million net worth is expected to go up drastically.
Read next: Interesting Facts About Shaquille O’Neal