What is Jeffree Star’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$200 million|
|Source of Wealth||Internet Celebrity / Entrepreneur|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1985|
|Height||6 ft / 185 cm|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles County / California|
- Jeffree Star’s Introduction
- Early Life of Jeffree Star
- Jeffree Star’s Career
- Jeffree Star’s Feuds
- Highlights of Jeffree Star’s Career
- Personal Life of Jeffree Star
- Jeffree Star’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Jeffree Star
- Social Media Stats of Jeffree Star
- Success Lessons from Jeffree Star
- Interesting Facts About Jeffree Star
Jeffree Star’s Introduction
Jeffree Lynn Steingar is an American YouTuber, makeup artist, singer, songwriter, and entrepreneur. On top of being one of the highest-paid YouTubers in the world, he owns Jeffree Star Cosmetics and has built a massive fan following. Star is an icon of fashion and lifestyle, in addition to being a beauty guru.
Early Life of Jeffree Star
Jeffree Lynn Steininger Jr was born on November 15, 1985, in Orange County, California, to Jeffrey Steininger Jr and Marra Steininger.
His father committed suicide when he was 6 years old, causing him emotional distress. Jeffree was raised by his mother and grandparents. From a young age, he developed an interest in cosmetics and would convince his mom to wear makeup to school.
In 2002, Jeffree graduated from Pacifica High School and changed his name to Jeffree Star. He moved to Los Angeles and worked multiple modeling, makeup, and music jobs to gain experience and earn a livelihood.
During his early life, Jeffree used to enter clubs with a fake ID so he could get hired by celebrities as a makeup artist. Jeffree also gained a significant fan following on the app MySpace, where he would upload makeup tips and songs. His popularity and interaction with fans on MySpace gave led to his big break.
Jeffree Star’s Career
Star’s music career started when his friend Samantha Maloney encouraged him to produce music. Star’s first and only studio album, “Beauty Killer,” peaked at #7 on Billboard Top Electronic Albums. The album also featured artists such as Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj. The following year, he signed up with Akon, who described Star as “The Next Lady Gaga” and promised a second album.
However, the album was never released, and Star suddenly left the music industry in 2013 due to unknown reasons. After this, Star worked with multiple music performers such as Millionaires, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Larry Tee.
After he almost went bankrupt in 2014, Star released his first e-commerce makeup brand “Jeffree Star Cosmetics” with leftover savings. He started promoting his makeup brand on YouTube and saw decent success due to mentions by celebrities like Kat Von D. His first cosmetic product was velour liquid lipsticks that sold 30,000 units within the first minutes of the launch. He then followed up with several products such as clothing, highlighters, and lip scrubs.
In 2019, Jeffree and Shane collaborated to launch an eye-shadow and lipstick lineup. Jeffree claimed in a YouTube video that if they sell out of the products, he will earn $35 million, from which Shane would receive $10 million. The numbers would go higher with re-orders.
Jeffree Star’s Feuds
Jeffree Star was involved in several public feuds with other celebrities. He has also clashed with Kylie Jenner for degrading his products as low-quality and criticized her for copying his products.
Jeffree has also feuded with Kim Kardashian, his former close friend Kat Von D, James Charles, and Bretman Rock. These feuds have made him more famous with time.
Highlights of Jeffree Star’s Career
- Gained fame from the platform MySpace, which was the start of his career.
- His EP, ”Cupcakes Tastes Like Violence,” topped at 6th on Billboard Electronic Album.
- In 2020, he became the 10th highest-paid YouTuber by earning $15 million.
- Has a history with Morphe’s Cosmetics is one of their most prominent spokesmen.
Personal Life of Jeffree Star
Star was in a long-term relationship with model Nathan Schwandt from 2015 to 2020. His most recent relationship was with Andre Marhold, which lasted from August to October 2021.
Jeffree Star doesn’t likes to talk about his sexuality. His remarks on this issue are pretty self-explanatory. “So I don’t really call myself anything. I am a guy, I don’t want to have a sex change – you know, my mom blessed me – so I’m going to stay a man and look like a girl, and everyone’s gonna f*ckin’ like it!”
Jeffree has also stated that he refrains from drinking, smoking, or doing drugs. However, he has been reported to drinking vodka and smoking cannabis in the past.
Star likes to live his life extravagantly. He bought an enormous multi-million dollar mansion with his boyfriend Nathan, where they lived from 2015 to 2020. The estate cost him a whopping $3.4 million, excluding the millions of dollars of upgrades he made to the house. Star also has dozens of luxury cars, including Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and many more.
On April 16, 2021, Star was involved in a car accident with Danial Lucas. Both of them were hospitalized. Star broke his back and had multiple fractures on his spine.
Jeffree Star’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Jeffree Star
Jeffree Star has been in the spotlight due to his controversial remarks. Here are some of his most famous quotes and sayings:
- “You wanna Know who your true friends are? Screw up and see who’s still there.”
- “Don’t fall in love with someone you can live with, fall in love with someone you can’t live without.”
- “Be yourself, you’ll be a lot happier.”
Social Media Stats of Jeffree Star
Jeffree Star has accumulated a massive following throughout social media. Here are his current stats:
- Instagram: 13.8 million followers
- Facebook: 2.8 million followers
- YouTube: 16 million followers
- TikTok: 2.1 million followers
- Snapchat: 11.4 million followers
Success Lessons from Jeffree Star
Being the founder of a multimillion dollar cosmetics company, Jeffree Star’s life lessons provide motivation to budding entrepreneurs and influencers:
- Be Original. Jeffree Star is an excellent example of how to be original. His candidness and transparency are what got him his fame. People love to see his brutally honest reviews on products and cosmetics ranging from low-end to high-end.
- Love Yourself. One of the most beautiful life lessons that Star has given us is not to love the person we can live with, but to love the person we can’t live without.
- Believe in Yourself. When Star abruptly dropped out of the music industry, he didn’t lose hope or give up. He knew he had talent in makeup, which is why he used up all his life savings to make Jeffree Star Cosmetics. Today, he is the owner of one of the top-selling cosmetic stores whose products sell out within minutes of launching.
- Adapt. Overcome. Improvise. Jeffree started his career by gaining fame on MySpace. However, he reinvented himself by changing his primary platform to YouTube. If he hadn’t made this decision, his brand would have never taken off.
- Live to Inspire. A considerable part of his success is that many people can relate to his sexuality. It serves as a lesson that you can achieve anything you chase with dedication and honesty.
Interesting Facts About Jeffree Star
Here is a list of some interesting facts about Jeffree Star:
- He has countless tattoos on his body.
- Star bought an eye-watering mansion worth $14.6 million.
- Jeffree has made many controversial remarks against black people.
- Star has mentioned that he doesn’t likes to label his sexuality.
- Star has appeared as an extra in the “The River” music video for Good Charlotte.
How much does Jeffree Star weigh?
Jeffree Star weighs approximately 60 kg or 132lb.
Is Jeffree Star a vegan?
Jeffree Star is not 100% vegan. He does consume a mix diet that also contains animal-derived ingredients.
Is Jeffree Star’s makeup cruelty-free?
Jeffree Star claims that his entire makeup line is cruelty-free and does not include any ingredient that falls under that category.
Does Jeffree Star cosmetics have After-Pay?
Yes, Jeffree Star cosmetics does offer After-Pay, where customers can pay after they have ordered their products and even make weekly payments.
Jeffree Star is one of the leading influencers and makeup artists of the 21st century. Most of his popularity came from his honest remarks on different makeup products. With the current growth of his fame and his company’s sales, Jeffree Star is on his way to becoming the owner of a billion-dollar makeup company in the future.
Featured image credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com