What is John Cena’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$80 million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional wrestler, actor, bodybuilder, musician|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1977|
|Height||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Place of Birth||West Newbury, Massachusetts|
|Marital Status||Shay Shariatzadeh (wife)|
- John Cena’s Introduction
- Early Life of John Cena
- John Cena’s Career
- Highlights of John Cena’s Career
- Personal Life of John Cena
- John Cena’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of John Cena
- Social Media Stats of John Cena
- Success Lessons From John Cena
- Interesting Facts About John Cena
John Cena’s Introduction
John Cena has a net worth of approximately $80 million. He found his fame as a professional wrestler and bodybuilder and eventually expanded his reach to include singing and acting. His professional career began in 2000 when he joined the WWF (the organization would subsequently change its name to the WWE).
Over the years, Cena would prove himself a capable performer with roles in several popular films and a recent gig hosting the Nickelodeon show “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?”
Early Life of John Cena
John Cena was born in 1977 in West Newbury, Massachusetts. He was one of four boys and the second son born to his parents, John Sr. and Carol Cena. He spent much of his youth hanging out at the gym and was an avid sports fan throughout high school.
After graduation, he went to Springfield College to study exercise physiology and play football. He was a Division II All-American offensive lineman and team captain. After he earned his degree, Cena moved to California to become a bodybuilder.
He initially worked as a janitor at a Gold’s Gym in Venice. He lived in his car because he couldn’t afford an apartment before getting involved in wrestling and taking wrestling classes at Ultimate Pro Wrestling.
Related: The Rock’s Success Lessons and Worth
John Cena’s Career
After completing professional wrestling training at Ultimate Pro Wrestling, Cena created the wrestling persona that he called “The Prototype.” He made his unofficial debut with the World Wrestling Federation (which would change its name to World Wrestling Entertainment) in 2001 at a taping of the popular show “SmackDown.”
He signed an initial contract with the WWF in 2001 and moved to Ohio to wrestle for the WWF’s Ohio Valley Wrestling territory. When he was called up to the main roster of wrestlers, he was joined by other wrestlers who would become titans in the sport, including Batista, Brock Lesnar, and Randy Orton. Over the next decade, he would build his star power and become one of the most familiar names in the WWE.
Many consider Cena one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, and the chairman of WWE, Vince McMahon, called Cena the “Babe Ruth” of the sport. While performing in the ring, he had a notable “feud” with fellow wrestler and actor The Rock, which resulted in an event in 2012 that grossed more than any other event in WWE history.
Cena’s first film was released in 2006 and was called “The Marine.” The WWE produced the film, and 20th Century Fox distributed it. The film earned modest box office but fared exceptionally well on DVD, with more than $30 made in the first three months of DVD release.
Over the years, Cena would star in more movies, including “Legendary,” “12 Rounds,” and “Fred: The Movie.” Throughout the 2010s, Cena made guest appearances in several films, including “Daddy’s Home 2,” “Trainwreck,” and Sisters.” His star power climbed considerably in 2019 when he was cast as Vin Diesel’s brother in the “Fast & Furious” franchise.
Highlights of John Cena’s Career
- Grew up in Massachusetts and became an All-Star player in college football.
- Became a professional wrestler in 2000 and rose to superstardom in the WWE.
- Had a famous and long-standing feud with fellow WWE wrestler “The Rock.”
- Forged a film career, eventually landing a role in the “Fast & Furious” franchise.
- Stated that he doesn’t want to have children because he wants to focus on his career.
- Learned Mandarin Chinese to help the WWE increase its popularity in China.
Personal Life of John Cena
John was one of five boys in his family and grew up in Massachusetts. He attended college there but eventually moved to California to become a wrestler. He married his first wife, Elizabeth Huberdeau, in 2009, but the pair split in 2012 when Cena filed for divorce.
He then dated a fellow wrestler named Nikki Bella for several years and even became engaged to her before ending the relationship in 2018. He married his second wife in 2020, Shay Shariatzedeh, after dating her for a year and a half.
John Cena’s Related YouTube Video
20 greatest John Cena moments: WWE Top 10 Special Edition
Famous Quotes of John Cena
These are some of the most famous quotes from the WWE star John Cena:
- “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.”
- “I admire the military. I guess in a world of villains and heroes, they’re my heroes. Their dedication, their commitment, their discipline, their code of ethics.“
- “Be loyal to those who are loyal to you. And respect everyone, even your enemies and competition.”
Social Media Stats of John Cena
Here are some social media stats of John Cena:
Success Lessons From John Cena
- Don’t be afraid to leave home for success. John traveled from Massachusetts to California to find work and eventually became one of the world’s most famous professional wrestlers.
- Expand your horizons. Over the years, Cena succeeded in all sorts of performance venues, from professional wrestling to acting to singing.
- Use your fame for good. John Cena is a selfless millionaire and has granted more wishes for the Make-A-Wish Foundation than any other celebrity.
Interesting Facts About John Cena
- John Cena was skinny as a kid, and one of the reasons Cena began wrestling and working out was to combat bullies who were bigger than he was in grammar school.
- Cena released a relatively successful rap song in 2004 called “Basic Thuganomics” and an album that eventually sold enough copies to reach gold status.
- Before each wrestling match, Cena eats an extraordinary number of Tic Tacs to calm his nerves. Before stepping into the ring, he usually eats at least five boxes of the small, crunchy candies.
- He created a book series for kids that featured the message that it’s okay to be different and to “be yourself.” He felt it necessary to inspire positivity in the younger generations.
Does John Cena have children?
John doesn’t want children, which was reportedly one reason for his breakup from fiancée Nikki Bella.
Did John Cena serve in the military?
Although he wears a haircut reminiscent of a Marine, Cena hasn’t served in the military. However, he starred in a film called “The Marine.”
How many times has John Cena won a WWE championship?
John Cena has won the WWE Championship 13 times.
John Cena is a popular performer in the WWE and in film, and his dedication to his craft has allowed him to build a fortune of $80 million. Despite his raucous persona in the wrestling ring, Cena has proved himself an incredible advocate for children and has used his fame for good throughout his career. As one of the most respected and liked WWE performers in history, Cena will likely continue his run as one of America’s most popular performers for many years.
Featured image credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com