What is Keke Wyatt’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, Acting|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1982|
|Height||5’5 / 1.65m|
|Place of Birth||Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, US|
- Keke Wyatt’s Introduction
- Early Life of Keke Wyatt
- Keke Wyatt’s Career
- Highlights of Keke Wyatt’s Career
- Keke Wyatt’s Personal Life
- Keke Wyatt’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Keke Wyatt
- Success Lessons from Keke Wyatt
- Interesting Facts about Keke Wyatt
Keke Wyatt’s Introduction
Keke Wyatt is a top American R&B vocalist, songwriter, and among the most versatile TV actresses worldwide.
She first entered the spotlight after teaming up with the R&B singer, Avant. Her most notable albums include Rated Love, Who Knew?, Soul Sista, and Unbelievable, to name a few, which broke into the Billboard charts and catapulted her to stardom.
Outside of her monumental singing career, she also took the acting industry by storm with her stellar performances in “Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars” and the theater show “Love Overboard.”
Early Life of Keke Wyatt
Ke’Tara Shavon Wyatt was born on March 10, 1982, in a well-settled Christian family in Indianapolis, Indiana. Her mother, Lorna Wyatt, is a vocalist and a performer, while her father, Keever Wyatt II, is an organist and a vocalist. Wyatt spent much of her childhood in Kentucky and Ireland.
Keke was raised in a predominantly African-American environment along with her four brothers. She did her early education at the Indianapolis Shortridge High School. She developed a love for singing when she was just two, and she started performing live at the age of five. Reaching her teenage years, she began singing with various girl groups.
Keke Wyatt’s Career
Keke Wyatt sowed the seeds of her international fame when she was only 10. She began by recording a song titled “What If,” which was included in the gospel compilation album. It made news on major media networks that portrayed Wyatt as a talented young girl with harmonious vocals. It gave her the opportunity to perform demo songs for many gospel labels, earning a whopping $1,500 per recording.
As a rising artist in the music industry, she joined forces with R&B singer Avant at age 15. She was publicly acclaimed for her single, “My First Love,” which was later included in Avant’s debut album, “My Thoughts.”
Wyatt captured the eye of numerous prominent artists like Bill Woodson, Billy Bad, Nathan Alexander, and the multi-platinum producer Jorge Corante. Keke dropped her single, “Used to Love,” which created a significant buzz in the music industry, ranking at No. 65 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.
Keke made a ground-breaking success with a follow-up single titled “Nothing in This World.” The song was a duet with Avant and instantly climbed to No. 27 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart while attaining the No.4 spot on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.
In 2001, she went on a solo venture and released her first album, “Soul Sista,” The results were remarkable; not only did the album ascend to No. 33 on the Billboard 200, but also sold over a million copies internationally for the first time.
Highlights of Keke Wyatt’s Career
- She was nominated for Best New R&B/Soul/Rap Artist for her “Soul Sista” album.
- Played a lead role as Je’Caryous Johnson in “Love Overboard.”
- Debuted the single, “Nothing in This World.”
- Her album, “Who Knew?,” charted at No. 5 on US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Keke Wyatt’s Personal Life
Keke Wyatt married her road manager, Rahmat Morton, when she was 18. Their relationship was highly toxic and tumultuous. They had two sons and one daughter together. They were expecting a fourth child when a major fight broke down between them both, resulting in Wyatt stabbing her husband in self-defense and their fourth child dying in a stillbirth. Their divorce was finalized in 2009.
The following year, she remarried the minister of religion, Michael Jamar. They were blessed with four children, but in 2017, they separated due to some differences. Currently, she is married to her ex-boyfriend, Zackariah Darring.
Keke Wyatt’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Keke Wyatt
Keke has many influential quotes. Let’s glimpse into some of them:
- “Pray and seek God. He’ll be your friend. You ain’t gotta worry about all these people. The good thing about it is nowadays it’s more people like myself being born everyday. Everybody should be accepting of each other no matter what.”
- “I’m not the crazy chick that people think I am. I am truly a human being, I’m not just this suspicious character in a magazine or book; I’m a real person. Be a little more gentle, be a little more kind.”
- “People can think whatever they want to think because I’m steadily taking my checks to the bank, steadily putting food in my babies’ bellies and raising them the best that I can….”
Success Lessons from Keke Wyatt
Keke stands as a leading figure for us. Here are some lessons we can learn from her:
- Think Outside The Box. Keke is among the few American artists who possess the skill of seamlessly combining R&B elements with pop. She didn’t adopt the basic R&B music style followed by other artists. Instead, Keke forged her own path. She went beyond people’s expectations by delivering power-packed beats and heartfelt R&B lyrics.
- Never Lose Hope. Did you know that Wyatt received no credit for a potential hit song she worked on day and night? Instead of being disappointed, Keke Wyatt faced the issue head-on and endured all hardships in the hope of a better, more successful future.
- Establish New Relations. Sure, Wyatt made headlines as a rising artist when she had just started off. However, she knew that the music industry had gotten competitive, and pursuing a solo journey was not a viable solution. Therefore, she collaborated with numerous established artists, which bolstered her reputation as a professional R&B singer.
- Diversify. Remember that the sky is not your limit. Keke didn’t limit herself to singing. She ventured into acting as well, which proved to be doubly serendipitous. Never cage yourself. Have the tendency to establish concrete and courageous goals.
Interesting Facts about Keke Wyatt
Here are some mind-boggling facts about Keke Wyatt that we bet you didn’t know of:
- She was a wrestler in her high school.
- Wyatt is a mom of 11 children.
- Her inspirations for singing come from Stevie Wonder, Donny Hathaway, and Ella Fitzgerald.
- She revealed on social media of getting cosmetic enhancements.
How many record deals did Keke Wyatt have?
She secured two successful record deals with popular labels, which were MCA Records and Shanachie Records. She also has her record label, Aratek Entertainment.
Does Keke Wyatt work for an organization?
Keke Wyatt was a brilliant spokesperson for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. She has also supported the “Save Our Daughters” campaign.
When did Keke Wyatt have her first child?
Wyatt gave birth to a son, Keyser, in 2000 with her then-husband, Rahmat Morton. The couple had Rahjah and Ke’Tarah, too, before they divorced.
Today, Keke Wyatt is a leading exponent of the R&B genre who has amassed a sizable fan base with her hard-hitting, artfully crafted verses. She continuously evolved to expand the range of her talents which bore fruit in the form of becoming one of the top multi-talented R&B female artists.