What is Kim Kardashian’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$1.8 Billion|
|Source of Wealth||Media Personality / Model / Socialite|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1980|
|Height||5’2 / 159 cm|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Partner||Kanye West (div. 2022)|
- Kim Kardashian‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Kim Kardashian
- Kim Kardashian‘s Career
- Highlights of Kim Kardashian‘s Career
- Personal Life of Kim Kardashian
- Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery
- Kim Kardashian‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Kim Kardashian
- Social Media Stats of Kim Kardashian
- Success Lessons From Kim Kardashian
- Interesting Facts About Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian‘s Introduction
Kim Kardashian is an American model, businesswoman, and entrepreneur. She came into the limelight due to her 2007 sex tape scandal with Ray J. Kim gained wider media attention from her family’s reality TV show called “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.”
Kim Kardashian knows how to take over the stage and get straight under the spotlight. Leveraging her fame, beauty, and body, she has made a number of brand endorsement deals along with her modeling gigs worth millions of dollars.
Early Life of Kim Kardashian
Kimberly Noel Kardashian was born on October 21, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, to Robert and Kris Kardashian.
Kim is of American-Scottish ancestry. She is the middle child and has one older sister, Kourtney, and a younger sister and brother, Khloe and Rob. Her parents divorced in 1991.
A few months later, her mother married Bruce Jenner. Through this marriage, she got six more siblings. She has two half-sisters, Kylie and Kendel Jenner. Kim also has three step brothers; Burton, Brandon, and Brody Jenner.
Kim graduated in 1988 from all-girls Marymount High School in Los Angeles. Upon graduating, she attended Pierce College but later dropped out. Instead, she became a stylist of her former close friend Paris Hilton. While doing this job, she gained prominence in the media by appearing in numerous episodes of the television series “The Simple Life.”
Kim Kardashian‘s Career
In 2006, Kim was introduced to the business world. She opened the” D-A-S-H” boutique with her two sisters in Calabasas, California.
The following year, Kim’s life took a major turn after her sex tape with Ray J was leaked by Vivid Entertainment titled “Kim Kardashian, Superstar.” Kim filed a lawsuit against the company, but dropped the case when she received $5 million in compensation. This paycheck gave Vivid Entertainment full rights over the film. Although distributing the tape violated Kim’s privacy, it skyrocketed her prominence in the industry and she became the most discussed personality for the next few months.
In 2007, Kim and her family made an appearance in the television series “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.” The show revolved around the drama and problems faced by the Kardashian family. It aired on E Network and completed 294 episodes, with the last one being aired in 2021. Keeping Up With The Kardashians was an instant hit and was one of the longest-running reality TV shows of modern times.
In 2014, Kim appeared nude on the magazine cover of Paper’s with the caption, “Break the Internet.” It garnered over 15.9 million views on Paper’s website in a day compared to an average of 25,000 views a day. However, the internet did pass negative comments from numerous media outlets for setting a bad example for young women worldwide.
Shortly after, Kim released a mobile app, “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood,” in which a person could fulfill their dream of becoming a Hollywood star. The game was free to download but had purchasable items in-game. The app earned Kim $1.6 million in the first week of its release and became the fifth-highest earning game in the App Store.
The app generates over 40% of her annual income with approximately 45 million downloads. She also launched the app “Kimoji,” which was a pack of emojis made for the App Store exclusively. The app became the fifth best-seller of the week.
Kim Kardashian has also signed various brand endorsement deals, earning her as high as $720,000 per post. Her uncountable fan following would buy anything recommended by Kim.
In 2017, Kim launched her beauty and fragrance lines, “KKW Beauty” and “KKW Fragrance.” Two years later, she launched a new range of shapewear called “Kimono,” which was later changed to “Skims.” It contains items such as loungewear, undergarments, and pajamas. Kim also released several fragrances, including Gold, True Reflection, and Glam, to name a few.
On May 1, 2021, KKW Beauty and KKW Fragrance were discontinued in order to rebrand all beauty products under one site. On June 21, 2022, her new website became available for users to shop from under the name “SKKN by Kim.” The beauty line was an instant success and gained positive responses from critics.
Highlights of Kim Kardashian‘s Career
- Release of her sex tape with Ray J.
- Out of 7 nominations, she won a total of 5 for “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.”
- Launched “SKNNS by Kim” on June 21, 2022.
- Launched her mobile app “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.”
Personal Life of Kim Kardashian
Kim has a long dating history. She started dating Kanye West (who now goes by the name Ye) in 2012 while still legally married to her ex-husband, Humphries. Kim later finalized their divorce in 2013.
On Kim’s 33rd birthday, they both got engaged and married in Italy on May 24, 2014. The marriage brought them great fame and became a hot topic in the media for the next few months. The couple was blessed with two daughters and two sons.
On February 21, Kim filed for divorce from Kanye and wanted to end the marriage due to “irreconcilable differences.” They both agreed to joint custody of their four children and didn’t need spousal support. Kim recently started dating Pete Davidson in November 2021.
Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery
On October 2, 2016, five individuals robbed Kim at gunpoint while she was staying in France for the Paris Fashion Week. They tied her wrists and legs and reportedly stole $10 million worth of jewelry.
The next day she announced that the production of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” was put on hold indefinitely. As the police dove deeper into the investigation, they found footage of moments after the robbery.
In the footage, Kim was seen using her phone, which she reported stolen. In addition, she didn’t have any markings or scars from being bound by the robbers. Many critics started suspecting the robbery was a ploy to get media attention. In response, Kim filed a lawsuit against numerous media outlets.
As the situation escalated, she dropped the lawsuit on October 25, 2016. The next day, production of “Keeping Up With Kardashians” resumed.
Kim Kardashian‘s Related YouTube Video
Kim Kardashian West Talks Her Business Empire, How She Keeps Bouncing Back | Forbes Women’s Summit
Famous Quotes of Kim Kardashian
- “I used to be so dependent on the guys I was in a relationship with. I don’t know why, because I wasn’t raised that way. If I looked at myself at 19, I would shake myself and be like, ‘Wake up. You are way too smart for this.’”
- “There’s a lot of baggage that comes with us, but it’s like Louis Vuitton baggage; you always want it.”
- “At the end of the day, life is about being happy being who you are, and I feel like we are so blessed to have the support system and the best family to really just support each other no matter what we’re going through.”
Social Media Stats of Kim Kardashian
- Instagram: 323 Million Followers
- Facebook: 34 Million Followers
- YouTube: 1.91 Million Followers
- Twitter: 72.9 Million Followers
- Snapchat: 26.8 Million Followers
Success Lessons From Kim Kardashian
- Teamwork Makes The Dream Work. Kim didn’t become a billionaire all by herself. A lot of her wealth comes from partnering with brands and doing tons of brand endorsement deals.
- Help each other grow. After Kim gained celebrity status, she ensured her family wasn’t left behind. In her show “Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” her whole family was involved. This made her family prominent in the media industry too.
- Always take risks. Although Kim’s sex tape already gave her exposure to the public, she still went along and appeared nude in several magazines. This move made Kim a controversial figure, but the controversies only seemed to make her more famous.
Interesting Facts About Kim Kardashian
- Kim likes to play with bees.
- Kim hates the sound of Starbucks coffee cup sleeves. She also hates the sound produced when nails are scratched on cardboard.
- Her favorite pop icons are Cher, Liz Tayler, and Jennifer Lopez.
- Kim released her debut song in 2011 titled “Jam (Turn It Up).”
- In 2012, she was banned from entering the Met Gala.
Is Kim Kardashian richer than Kylie Jenner?
Kim Kardashian is $700 million richer than her younger half-sister. Kylie Jenner has a net worth of $900 million.
How much does Kim make in a day?
Kim makes approximately $220,000 daily, assuming she makes $80 million a year.
How much did Kim make from the T.V show “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” per season?
Towards the show’s end, Kim made approximately $4.5 million per season from the reality show.
Kim is known as the ‘Queen of Instagram’ and charges up to $700,000 for a single post on her profile. She has solidified her reputation by releasing a range of beauty products through her website. The recent divorce from Kanye has put Kim in the spotlight, especially after news started circulating that she was dating Pete Davidson. With her rapidly increasing coverage in the media, it seems that she will become even more famous in coming years.
Featured image credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com