What is LaVar Ball’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Source of Wealth||CEO of Big Baller Brand, Ex-basketballer|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1967|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Partner||Tina Ball (m.1997)|
- LaVar Ball’s Introduction
- Early Life of LaVar Ball
- LaVar Ball’s Career
- Highlights of LaVar Ball’s Career
- LaVar Ball’s Personal Life
- LaVar Ball’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of LaVar Ball
- Success Lessons From LaVar Ball
- Interesting Facts About LaVar Ball
LaVar Ball’s Introduction
LaVar Ball is a 54-year-old American businessman and ex-basketball player. He is the co-founder and current CEO of Big Baller Brand, a sports apparel company. Ball also founded Junior Basketball Association to provide a platform for young and aspiring kids to play basketball professionally. However, the association failed and was disbarred.
He played basketball in college for many teams and had a brief stint in football.
Early Life of LaVar Ball
LaVar Christopher Ball was born on the 23rd of October 1967 to Anderson and Maria Ball in Los Angeles. He came from a relatively large family having two sisters and four brothers.
He attended Canoga Park High School, where he developed his skills as a basketball forward and a quarterback in football. He broke the school record for collecting the most rebounds at 316.
By college, he had grown to be 6ft 4in tall, which gave him exposure to the basketball scene. Ball majored in criminal justice and wanted to become a U.S. Marshal.
Related: Ja Morant NBA Career and Early Life
LaVar Ball’s Career
LaVar Ball had an illustrious career, rising from a basketball phenom to a well-respected businessman. He started his career by playing for many college basketball teams such as Washington State, West, and Cal State Los Angeles College. However, he did not achieve much success in his basketball career, averaging just about 2.2 points per game.
After completing college, LaVar picked up football. He was signed by the NFL in 1994 and played a defensive end role for the New York Jets. In the following year, Ball switched to the World League of American Football instead of the NFL. He joined the London Monarchs but did not get to play a game with his new team due to a career-ending injury. He never picked up the ball again.
LaVar retired to focused on his family and raising his children while also being a personal trainer. By the early 2010s, he had grown and trained his sons for the National Basketball Association. In 2016, LaVar set up the Big Baller Brand, a sports apparel and merchandise company designed to promote his sons and their products, such as shoes, jerseys, equipment, etc. M
Moreover, Ball set up the Junior Basketball Association to allow high school and other junior level players to play in a more competitive environment and give them a platform to showcase their skills. However, the NBA saw it as an opportunity for LaVar to promote his brand instead of providing for the players. The association was defunct andcompletely disbarred.
LaVar and his family also starred in a reality TV show based on their lives called “Ball in the Family.” It showed how the Ball family lived and managed their careers side by side.
Highlights of LaVar Ball’s Career
Here are some major highlights from Ball’s career:
- Co-founded Big Baller Brand that became worth $1 billion
- Founded the Junior Basketball Association
- Fathered and trained All-Stars LaMelo and Lonzo
- Ball holds his school record for 316 rebounds
LaVar Ball’s Personal Life
LaVar married his wife Tina Slatinsky in 1997. They had three sons, all currently playing in the NBA. He became theirpersonal coach, mentor, and tutor, training them from the young age of 4. LaVar was often condemned for his parenting style and forcing his sons to pursue dreams of his choice.
Due to his enigmatic personality, LaVar is the center of the news most of the time. He has been subject to intense criticism due to his lack of restraint during press conferences and interviews. He has also been noted for calling out coaches and players for not doing enough and has been seen bashing them publicly.
In 2017, Ball became a victim of allegations of discriminatory and racist comments when he stated, “Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow.”
LaVar Ball’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of LaVar Ball
Here are some famous quotes from LaVar Ball:
- “I’m not one of those people that’s to myself and just quiet. I’ve never been like that, man. I’ve always been kind of loud. I’m out there, man. I do my thing, but I don’t do it disrespectful. But when people rub me the wrong way, I rub people the wrong way. But I say what I say and I mean what I say.”
- “I told my boys this: Somebody gotta be better than Michael Jordan. Why not you?”
- “You may not like me. You may think I’m cocky or arrogant. But you will be thinking about me.”
Success Lessons From LaVar Ball
LaVar Ball’s story can be seen as inspiring even after his not-so-great playing career. Here are some lessons that we can take from him:
- Do not be afraid to be yourself. Even after facing severe backlash for a highly open and no-second thoughts personality, Ball never changed what he thought or felt. He backed up what he claimed and responded by bringing new achievements.
- Family before anything. LaVar has one of the most successful and hardworking families in the media industry. He supported them throughout his life and never let anything hold them back.
- Never give up. LaVar’s career as an athlete was not very successful. However, he still mustered up the courage to establish a business empire while fighting through all the hardships.
Interesting Facts About LaVar Ball
Here are some interesting facts about Ball that most people do not know about:
- LaVar beat his son Lonzo in the 2018 Lip Sync Battle.
- LaVar had a heated argument with President Donald Trump in 2017 over the detainment of his son Li Angelo in China.
- Charles Barkley is LaVar’s favorite basketball player.
- He played in the same team as his three brothers.
How did Big Baller Brand start?
The Big Baller Brand was inaugurated in 2016 by LaVar and Tina in Chino Hills, California. Hailing from an athletic family and having three sons in the NBA, they were able to create sports apparel and showcase it on the big stage through their sons.
What happened to “Ball in the Family”?
The reality TV show “Ball in the Family” ended its run after six seasons because LaVar wanted to become a producerof the show and focus on other opportunities in his life.
What is LaVar Ball most known for?
LaVar Ball is most recognized for his apparel brand, Big Ballers Brand, and his three sons who are a vital part of the NBA.
Accumulating a net worth of over $4 million and being the CEO of one of the most renowned apparel companies in the world, LaVar Ball has become a household name in America. Despite his struggles with his athletic career, he continued to fascinate people with his inspiring achievements and courageous statements.