What is Leonardo DiCaprio’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$260 million|
|Source of Wealth||Actor / Film Producer / Television Producer|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1974|
|Height||6 feet / 183 cm|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
- Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Career
- Highlights of Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Career
- Personal Life of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Social Media Stats of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Success Lessons From Leonardo DiCaprio
- Interesting Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Introduction
Leonardo DiCaprio is an actor, film producer, and philanthropist widely regarded as one of the best actors of the 21st century. Dicaprio became popular after playing the protagonist in the James Cameron blockbuster hit, “Titanic.”
He has acted in over 51 movies throughout his career and won his first oscar for “The Revenant” in 2016. Dicaprio is also a climate change ambassador for the United Nations and runs his charity organization, The Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation.
Early Life of Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio was born in Los Angeles, California, on November 11, 1974. His father, George DiCaprio, was a publisher and a distributor of comic books. His mother, Irmelin, was a legal secretary. Dicaprio is of mixed ethnicity having Russian, German, and Italian roots.
At the age of one, his parents split up. As a result, he moved with his mum across a number of neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles. He attended John Marshall High School but dropped out in his third year to pursue acting and support his mother financially.
At the beginning of his career, DiCaprio struggled to find an agent. Even after finding one, he remained jobless for a year and a half. DiCaprio was eventually going to call it quits until his father’s motivation and the urge to support his mother encouraged him to keep on pursuing his passion.
As a teenager, he landed several commercials gigs, primarily for popular brands such as AppleJacks cereals, Bubble Yums, and Kraft Foods. By the 90s, he started to appear on television on a regular basis. While he made his way in the commercials and television shows, he rose to stardom due to his film career.
Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Career
In 1991, DiCaprio debuted in the low-budget horror film “Critters 3.” However, he was not proud of the movie’s performance, claiming that it was “possibly one of the worst films of all time.”
In 1993, DiCaprio starred as Johnny Depp’s intellectual, disabled brother in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.” He rose to prominence with this role and won a Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ category.
DiCaprio earned his first-ever break when he starred in the movie “Romeo + Juliet” which was a remaster of Shakespeare’s romantic tragedy play. The film earned him a Silver Bear for Best Actor at the 1997 Berlin International Film Festival and grossed over $150 million worldwide.
In 1997, the film “Titanic,” directed by James Cameron gave Dicaprio his biggest breakthrough. DiCaprio secured the role as the protagonist of the movie and won multiple awards. The film grossed over $3 billion worldwide.
Soon, DiCaprio started charging $20 million per role. Over the next few years, he gained massive success due to his acting in the films “Catch Me If You Can,” “Inception,” “Revolutionary Road,” “Shutter Island,” and “Wolf of Wall Street,” etc. DiCaprio has also worked with many famous actors like Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Jonah Hill, and many more.
DiCaprio started a film and television production company, Appian Way, in 2001. Since its inception, the company has released several films, including “The Revenant,” which won Dicaprio an Oscar for ‘Best Actor.’ Other movies including Shutter Island, The Wolf of Wall Street, and The Aviator were also produced by his own company. Recently, Appian Way changed its direction to producing documentaries primarily about global problems.
Leonardo DiCaprio is famous for his philanthropy work, especially regarding global warming problems. He believes climate change is one of the biggest problems that Earth is suffering from. After the shooting of Titanic, he founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to reduce carbon footprint and preserve Earth’s ecological system.
Highlights of Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Career
- Won an Oscar in 2016 for “Best Actor” for the film Revenant.
- Won 11 Golden Globe Awards.
- Earned a total of $40 million from Titanic.
- Donated and raised a total of $80 million for various charities.
- Earned $300 million from 1995 to 2020 from films only.
- Earned $100 million from various brand endorsement deals
Personal Life of Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio is a private person and rarely grants interviews. He has dated several models and actresses over two decades. In 1999, DiCaprio was romantically involved with a Brazilian model, Gisele Bündchen, for six years. Afterward, he met an Israeli model, Bar Refaeli, and dated her from 2005 to 2011. DiCaprio is currently in a relationship with Camila Morrone, an Argentine-American model and actress, since 2017.
In 2009, DiCaprio acquired an island, Blackadore Caye, for $1.75 million. He left the island untouched for several years. However, in 2016 he planned to set up an environmentally friendly resort. According to sources, the island will feature 36 homes and 36 bungalows. Each piece of real estate would be sold for approximately $5-15 million.
In 2005, model Aretha Wilson hit DiCaprio on his head with a broken bottle. He received severe injuries on his head, face, neck and required seventeen stitches. Wilson was imprisoned for two years after she pleaded guilty in 2010.
Featured: 50 Cent Musical and Acting Debuts
Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Related YouTube Video
Leo’s Bad Luck — Ellen Degeneres Show
Famous Quotes of Leonardo DiCaprio
- “Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.”
- “Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.”
- “If you have done the very best you can. worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.”
- “Wrong connection will give you shock throughout your life, but the right one will light up your life.”
Social Media Stats of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Instagram: 54.2 Million Followers
- Facebook: 19 Million Followers
- Twitter: 19.6 Million Followers
- YouTube: 14.8K Followers
Success Lessons From Leonardo DiCaprio
- Consistency in the Key. Leonardo DiCaprio was going to quit his acting career in his early life as he was rejected and remained jobless for more than a year, but he didn’t stop. His perseverance led him to become the amazing actor that he is today.
- Connections. During DiCaprio’s early years, he couldn’t land a job mainly because he didn’t have a good agent who could get him roles. However, due to his mother’s link to an agent, he got cast into 20 commercials.
- Only the Beginning is Difficult. Leonardo DiCaprio was already making himself prominent in the industry by debuting in various movie roles and doing many commercials. However, after the release of his movie “Titanic,” he rose to stardom.
- Pursue your passion. Leonardo DiCaprio had a passion for acting since his childhood. He dropped out of high school to pursue this passion. Today, he is one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
Interesting Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio
- Leonardo has no siblings and was raised alone.
- He was named after Leonardo Da Vinci.
- When he got into acting, his agent suggested he change his name to Lenny Williams.
- In 2001, he received the Worst Actor Award at the Golden Raspberry Award.
- During the filming of Titanic, Kate Winslet, aka “Rose,” flashed DiCaprio on set.
Does Leonardo DiCaprio have kids?
Leonardo DiCaprio doesn’t have kids, nor does he plan on having kids. His remark on this matter is, “Do I want to bring children into a world like this?”
Does Leonardo DiCaprio have a wife?
Leonardo Dicaprio doesn’t have a wife, although he has been romantically involved in a relationship with Argentina-American model and actress Camila Morrone since 2017.
Did Jake and Rose have a romantic connection afterward?
No. Despite their romantic love story portrayed in Titanic, the actors were never involved in a relationship afterward. However, they remained best friends.
In recent years, DiCaprio has started dedicating more of his time to fighting climate change, frequently appearing at environmental conventions. On winning his first oscar, he presented a speech on global warming and its impact on future generations. Dicaprio started dating 25-year-old actress Camilla Morrone, for which the public has targeted the couple due to their massive age difference. Leo continues to produce films and fight global warming through his enormous fan following and influence in the film industry.
Read Next: Matt Damon’s Personal Life and Worth
Featured image credit: Andrea Raffin / Shutterstock.com