What is Ludacris’ net worth?
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Acting|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1977|
|Height||5’8 / 1.73m|
|Place of Birth||Champaign, Illinois, United States|
|Partner||Eudoxie Mbouguiengue (m.2014)|
- Ludacris’ Introduction
- Early Life of Ludacris
- Ludacris’ Career
- Highlights of Ludacris’ Career
- Personal Life of Ludacris
- Ludacris’ Related Video
- Famous Quotes of Ludacris
- Success Lessons from Ludacris
- Interesting Facts about Ludacris
Christopher Brian Bridges, also known as Ludacris, is a 45-year-old American rapper and actor. Ludacris is a three-time Grammy Award-winning artist. He is most notable for his feature in Justin Bieber’s hit song “Baby.” In Hollywood, he is best known for his role as car-expert Tej Parker in the Fast and Furious franchise.
Early Life of Ludacris
Ludacris was born on September 11, 1997 in an African-American family in Champaign, Illinois. He shifted to Oak Park when he was a teenager. After attending Oak Park River Forest High School till grade 9, he transferred to Centreville High School when he moved to Virginia. He graduated from Banneker High School in Atlanta in 1995.
At the age of 9, Ludacris showcased his talents when he wrote his first ever rap song and joined a group three years later. He studied music management from Georgia State University.
Featured: Top 53 Richest Rappers in the World
Bridges started his professional music career as an intern and a DJ at Hot 97.5. After meeting some famous artists, he made his debut in 1999 by releasing “Incognegro” and “Back for the First Time” — the latter reached number 4 on the charts. He put out a few more albums in the following years which received decent success.
Ludacris’ career skyrocketed in 2005 after he released the hit song “Yeah,” which won the Grammy for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. The following year, he released his most anticipated album titled “Release Therapy.” It swept up many awards, including the Grammys, BET, and many more. It peaked at No. 1 on the charts.
In 2010, Ludacris’ discography consisted of 8 studio albums. He saw consistent success and fame throughout the late 2000s and early 2010s. He had cemented his place in the history of music. The rap icon released his latest album “Ludaversal” in 2015. During the late 2010s, he did not put out new music as consistently and took a step back.
Ludacris made a successful film debut as “Tej Parker” in the Fast and Furious franchise. His acting abilities are on par with his music, winning him the Screen Actors Guild Award and a Critic’s Choice Award for Best Cast for the 2004 film, Crash.
Aside from his entertainment career, Ludacris is a business connoisseur. In his early years, he created his record label, Disturbing the Peace. He is also part owner of a liquor company known as Conjure Cognac.
Ludacris has collaborated and launched collections with companies like Puma and Soul Electronics. In 2006, he appeared in an advert for Puma and put out his limited-edition model of shoes called the “Clyde x Luda” Puma Clyde sneaker. The shoes have his own image on the heel of the insole and DTP abbreviation on the back. In 2011, he released his custom line of headphones called “Soul By Ludacris.”
Highlights of Ludacris’ Career
- He boasts a total of 17 wins out of 43 nominations
- Ludacris’ crown jewels are the Grammy Awards for Best Rap Album, Best Rap Song, and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
- All of his first five albums are multi-platinum certified
- Ludacris has had four No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 charts
- He won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture for his film, Crash.
Personal Life of Ludacris
Bridges has a long history of relationships and children. He has four children in total. His first daughter, Karma, was born in 2001 when he was dating an attorney in Atlanta. His second daughter, Cai Bella, was born to his long-time friend Tamika Fuller in 2013. The rest of Ludacris’ children are with his current wife, Eudoxie Mbouguiengue.
The two began dating in 2014, got engaged on December 26 that same year in Costa Rica, and got married two days later. The couple has two daughters together.
Ludacris’ Related Video
Famous Quotes of Ludacris
- “A lot of beefs in the music industry are caused from miscommunication and just not really understanding what’s going on, having people in your ear saying this is what somebody did, or this is what somebody did to you.”
- “I’m always in that mode – whenever I have a little free time, I’m always recording songs, writing, whatever I gotta do. It’s like my job is my vacation.”
- “‘Ludacris’ is something that I made up. It just kind of describes me. Sometimes I have like a split personality. Sometimes I’m cool, calm, and collected, and other times I’m beyond crazy.”
Success Lessons from Ludacris
Ludacris’ longevity in the entertainment industry is of no match. His success can be credited to the following lessons:
- Creating opportunities. Despite being one of the most successful names in the industry, Ludacris has stated many times that he spends most of his time studying successful people. He learns from the best and tries to create something new from their life lessons.
- Being disciplined. Managing workload as a celebrity is a hassle. However, Bridges has mastered the ability of workload management. He separates his tasks based on importance and has a set schedule. He follows his routines to ensure a perfect work-life balance.
- Passion is key. Ludacris has always put a hundred percent into his work and has never done something half-heartedly. From wearing prosthetics for his music videos to absurd wigs for movies. He has been passionate about his craft and has given it his all, resulting in his continued success.
Interesting Facts about Ludacris
Here are some interesting facts that you might not have known about Ludacris:
- He is a cousin of the comedian Richard Pryor.
- Ludacris, his mother, and two daughters all hold Gabonese citizenship.
- Luda owns a restaurant named “Chicken N Beer” at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta.
- Ludacris mentors students in the Creative Media Industries Institute at Georgia State.
- Bridges was awarded an honorary Bachelor of Science degree in Music Management.
Does Ludacris own an island?
Bridges owns a sandy retreat known as Luda Island. He bought the island as a socially distanced vacation point — the location is unknown to the public.
How many Grammys does Ludacris have?
Ludacris has a total of 3 Grammy Award wins. He won his first in 2005 for the song “Yeah” as the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. Later, he won two awards in 2007 – Best Rap Song for Money Maker and Best Rap Album for Release Therapy.
What Fast and Furious movies is Ludacris in?
Ludacris plays the role of Tej Parker in 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, The Fate of the Furious, F9, and Fast X.
Ludacris has been one of the most consistent personalities in the entertainment sector and continues to push his limits. He has established a net worth of over $30 million and certified his place in Hollywood as one of the most versatile and talented entertainers.
Read More: Kanye West Rapping Legacy and Relationships