What is Mark Bezos’ net worth?
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Source of Wealth||Advertising, business, Amazon shares|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1968|
|Place of Birth||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
Who Is Mark Bezos?
Mark Bezos is a former advertising executive and the brother of the second richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos. He has done work in philanthropy, non-profit, volunteer firefighting, private equity, and advertising. Mark Bezos also owns several shares in Amazon, thanks to his brother Jeff Bezos.
Mark Bezos was born in New Mexico, but spent his early life traveling with his parents. He spent time at schools in Florida, Texas, and eventually Norway. He is the middle child of three, with an older brother and a younger sister. Other than his travels, Mark Bezos seemed to live a normal childhood life. However, he would grow up to become the brother of a billionaire.
Although Mark Bezos doesn’t own Amazon, the online market that gave his brother wealth, he spent his career amassing his own personal stash. He quickly became a successful advertising executive. In 1999, Bezos founded the Bezos Family Foundation to help lower-income families create strong learning environments for their children.
Here are some of the highlights of Mark Bezos’ life and career:
- 1968 – born
- 1992 – graduated from Texas Christian University
- 1999 – founded his first advertising company and his first philanthropic organization
- 2005 – began volunteering as a firefighter
- 2021 – went to space with his brother
Mark Bezos is married to Lisa Rogers and has four children with her. He keeps his family out of the spotlight as much as possible and little is known about their relationship or his family life. However, he is known for being an avid volunteer firefighter. He is also close to his brother and sister, and was able to travel to the edge of space with Jeff Bezos.
Related Youtube Video
Jeff Bezos and Mark Bezos interview about growing up and secrets to success
Here is another YouTube video of Mark Bezos giving a TED Talk about his firefighter career.
Although Mark Bezos doesn’t give many interviews, he has given several talks. Here are some quotes from Mark Bezos:
- “Don’t wait until you make your first million to make a difference in somebody’s life. If you have something to give, give it now.”
- “Not every day is going to offer us a chance to save somebody’s life, but every day offers us an opportunity to affect one.”
Mark Bezos is not on social media, as he likes to keep his personal life private. However, his brother Jeff is regularly active on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and Mark Bezos is often seen in his posts. Otherwise, Mark Bezos stays out of the limelight and in the background. He focuses on his family, firefighting, and philanthropic work.
Mark Bezos is his own man, despite the fame of his older and much richer brother. He has done several unconventional and altruistic things with his wealth and time. Here are some lessons to be learned from his success.
- Always be yourself and be comfortable in your own successes – don’t compare yourself to those around you.
- Use some of your wealth or good fortune to bless others.
- Look at what you can be learning or trying as you grow – don’t be afraid to try new things.
Here are some interesting facts about Mark Bezos:
- He has been a volunteer firefighter for over 15 years.
- He traveled to space with his brother, Jeff Bezos.
- Mark Bezos serves on the board of directors for two separate charitable organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Mark Bezos and his net worth.
Is Mark Bezos older than Jeff Bezos?
No. Mark Bezos is younger than Jeff Bezos, although he is taller than him. Jeff Bezos was born in 1964.
Does Mark Bezos work for Amazon?
Mark Bezos does not work for Amazon. He has started several successful companies on his own, including philanthropic companies, advertising agencies, and private equity firms.
Are Mark Bezos and Jeff Bezos full brothers?
Mark Bezos is Jeff Bezos’ younger half brother. Their mother, Jacklyn Bezos, gave birth to Jeff when she was only 17. His biological father eventually left and Jacklyn married Mike Bezos, who adopted Jeff as his son..
Mark Bezos was able to make money through his advertising agencies, buying early stocks in Amazon, and his private equity firms. However, he has spent a good deal of time giving money back to the community and doing volunteer and philanthropic work with his wealth.