What is MrBeast’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Source of Wealth||YouTube, Business|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1998|
|Height||6’3 / 190 cm|
|Place of Birth||Wichita, Kansas, United States|
- MrBeast’s Introduction
- Early Life of MrBeast
- MrBeast’s Career
- Highlights of MrBeast’s Career
- Personal Life of MrBeast
- MrBeast’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of MrBeast
- Social Media Stats of MrBeast
- Success Lessons From MrBeast
- Interesting Facts About MrBeast
MrBeast is a famous American YouTube star and social media personality. He is most famous for his YouTube content, which revolves around extravagant stunts, competitions, challenges, and philanthropy.
He has one main channel and several secondary channels that feature different types of videos. In addition to being a YouTuber, MrBeast is also an entrepreneur and a philanthropist. MrBeast is the founder of ‘MrBeastBurger’ and ‘Feastables’ and has led two global fundraisers, ‘Team Trees’ and ‘Team Seas’ in recent years.
Early Life of MrBeast
Jimmy Donaldson, commonly known as MrBeast, was born on May 7, 1998, in Wichita, Kansas, but moved to Greenville shortly after his birth. He and his brother grew up there.
Donaldson attended Greenville Christian Academy and graduated in 2016.
MrBeast first started posting on YouTube when he was 12 under the name “MrBeast6000.” His content at the time mainly consisted of Let’s Plays and game commentary. His initial success came from his “Worst Intros” series on YouTube, in which he made fun of other YouTubers’ intros.
He briefly attended East Carolina University but dropped out to pursue a career as a content creator. His mother disapproved and had him move out of the family home. He joined forces with four of his friends who helped him in the progression of his channel and continue to appear in almost every video.
While MrBeast started posting on YouTube in 2013, he first went viral when he posted a video of him counting to 100,000 in 2017. That same year, he started gaining popularity with ‘stunt’ and ‘challenge’ videos featuring high prize pools.
By 2018, he had already given away $1 million in prize money and started being recognized as the person who pioneered high-value stunt content.
An event that significantly boosted his popularity in the YouTube community was the PewDiePie vs. T-Series subscriber race. His outward support for PewDiePie exposed MrBeast to the former’s massive audience.
After gaining some recognition, he held a real-life battle royale event in collaboration with Apex Legends, which sponsored a $100,000 prize pool. He also opened a “free bank” giving money to people without asking for anything in return. He was criticized for using counterfeit money, but stated that it was for safety purposes and that the money was exchanged for cheques after the video was shot. He has produced countless challenge videos with his friends and influencers on different social media platforms.
MrBeast made a YouTube rewind video in 2021 in retaliation to YouTube’s original rewind. His original business model relies on the videos going viral and him making tens of millions per upload in ad revenue, some of which can cost millions to produce themselves.
As of now, he owns several businesses and mobile applications. He also has a vast technological investments portfolio and has partnered with multi-million dollar companies, all while being one of the most popular YouTubers in the world.
Highlights of MrBeast’s Career
- Posted his first video on YouTube in 2013.
- His first viral video, “Counting to 100,000,” was released in 2017.
- Released “YouTube Rewind 2020, Thank God It’s Over” in 2020.
- Ranked as YouTube’s highest-earning creator in 2022 by Forbes. Forbes estimated that he earned $54 million in 2021.
Personal Life of MrBeast
MrBeast has a girlfriend, Maddy Spidell, whom he met in June 2019. He is not known to have any kids yet.
In 2020, he released a video named “Surprising my girlfriend with 100,000 roses for Valentine’s Day”, in which he had 100,000 roses delivered to her home.
MrBeast has centralized his career around philanthropy. Besides giving random strangers hefty sums of cash, some of his prominent projects include the “Team Trees” international fundraiser done in collaboration with Mark Rober, and the “Team Seas” fundraiser. He has a channel dedicated to donations named “Beast Philanthropy.”
Although MrBeast is generally an admirable YouTuber, he has faced homophobia and transphobia allegations because of his remarks in older videos. He publicly claimed that he is remorseful for his actions and explained how the jokes were considered normal where he grew up. A critic spoke in favor of MrBeast claiming that he was young and naive at the time and has grown up to be a mature person.
A number of MrBeast’s workers, mainly Matt Turner and Nate Anderson, have described working under him as difficult. They made videos calling out MrBeast for facing verbal abuse.
MrBeast’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of MrBeast
Here are some quotes from Jimmy Donaldson. They give us some insight into his experience being a YouTuber and a philanthropist:
- “As a YouTuber, I’ve been able to meet a lot of the creators online, but we don’t have many opportunities to meet in person and share our personalities.”
- “My overarching goal in life is to make a lot of money and then before I die, give it away.”
- “One of the reasons I like giving away money is I just like to see how people react.”
Social Media Stats of MrBeast
Jimmy is very active on social media platforms and posts regularly. He can often be found on Twitter having friendly banter with media personalities and fellow content creators.
Here are the links to his social media accounts, followed by the statistics of his following:
- YouTube: 96 million subscribers.
- Twitter: 14.4 million followers.
- Facebook: 8.5 million followers.
- Instagram: 18.6 million followers.
- TikTok: 37 million followers.
Success Lessons From MrBeast
Here are some lessons we can learn from MrBeast’s expansive and successful career as a content creator:
- Dedication. MrBeast dropped out of college to pursue his passion and made it work, even after his mother made him move out of the family home for dropping out of college.
- Patience. MrBeast started creating YouTube videos in 2012 but didn’t receive widespread fame until 2017.
- Kindness. Jimmy has donated millions of dollars to the underprivileged directly and indirectly.
- Humility. Despite being a multi-millionaire status and mainstream personality, Jimmy doesn’t brag or show off his wealth and fame.
Interesting Facts About MrBeast
Read some of our favorite interesting facts about one of the most loved content creators on YouTube:
- Jimmy has Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory bowel condition.
- His main channel has 96 million subscribers at the time of writing. He has 168 million subscribers in total if we include his secondary channels.
- MrBeast collaborated with former NASA engineer Mark Rober to initiate crowdfunding projects “Team Trees” and “Team Seas.”
- MrBeast claims that he runs his main channel at a loss.
How much does MrBeast earn?
It is estimated that MrBeast earns anywhere from $3-5 million a month. He claims to reinvest all of his earnings into future content.
How many members does MrBeast’s team have?
MrBeast currently has 60 members on his team, including his four childhood friends.
Where does MrBeast live?
MrBeast currently resides in Greenville, North Carolina. Despite earning millions, his house is the definition of a humble abode from where he orchestrates his multi-million dollar operations.
Jimmy Donaldson has become a huge YouTube star for his crazy stunts and engaging videos. His audience has constantly praised him for helping out random strangers with shopping sprees and cheques worth thousands of dollars. He has also garnered millions of views on Facebook and TikTok, and is currently one of the richest YouTubers on the planet.
Read More: Sidemen Personal Wealth and Weird Facts