What Is Nayib Bukele Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$5-10 million|
|Source of Wealth||Multiple business venturesPolitician|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1981|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Place of Birth||San Salvador, El Salvador|
|Partner||Gabriela Rodríguez de Bukele (m. 2014)|
- Nayib Bukele’s Introduction
- Early Life of Nayib Bukele
- Nayib Bukele’s Career
- Highlights of Nayib Bukele’s Career
- Nayib Bukele’s Personal Life
- El Salvador’s Nayib Bukele Talk to Al Jazeera
- Famous Quotes of Nayib Bukele
- Social Media Stats of Nayib Bukele
- Success Lessons From Nayib Bukele
- Interesting Facts About Nayib Bukele
- Final Words
Nayib Bukele’s Introduction
Nayib Bukele is the 43rd president of El Salvador and a prominent businessman. He assumed office on June 1, 2019, after years of serving as the mayor in Nuevo Cuscatlán from 2012 to 2015 and San Salvador (capital city) from 2015 to 2018.
Bukele does not belong to El Salvador’s two major political parties, the right-wing Nationalist Republican Alliance and the left-wing Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front. He instead founded his own party, Nuevas Ideas.
Early Life of Nayib Bukele
Bukele studied at Central American University. His university studies would be short-lived, ending his academic career and starting his first company at 18.
At the time, Bukele owned Yamaha Motors in El Salvador. He was always interested in business opportunities and investments. Lastly, in 2011 he was president and director of Obermet S.A. de C.V., a consulting firm.
Nayib Bukele’s Career
Nayib Bukele has been successful in many of his business ventures. He earns a significant amount of money from the multiple companies he has founded or invested in and his salary from being the president.
Bukele has shown from the decisions he’s made in his presidency that he is willing to take risks when presented with opportunities to advance the country’s economic success.
Highlights of Nayib Bukele’s Career
- On March 11, 2012, he became the mayor of Nuevo Cuscatlán
- He was elected as mayor of San Salvador, the nation’s capital, on March 1, 2015, serving from May 1, 2015, to April 30, 2018.
- He assumed office as the 43rd president of El Salvador on June 1, 2019.
- Bukele enforced an initiative to provide free laptops to public school students to improve the education system.
Nayib Bukele’s Personal Life
Bukele’s parents were originally Christian, though his father later became Muslim and converted to Islam. During the 2019 election, Nayib’s religious beliefs became a controversial topic since his mother was still a Christian.
On December 6, 2016, Bukele married Gabriela Rodriguez, whom he had met through mutual friends. During his first presidential term, Bukele and his wife welcomed their first child to the world, Layla Bukele. He is currently serving his second term as president of El Salvador.
El Salvador’s Nayib Bukele Talk to Al Jazeera
Famous Quotes of Nayib Bukele
1.) Bukele never shies away from speaking candidly. Here are some of his most memorable quotes:
2.) “It is clear that there has been money, but it has gone to line the pockets of the corrupt.”
3.) “I’m the coolest president in the world.”
4.) “Let them return what they have stolen.”
Social Media Stats of Nayib Bukele
Nayib Bukele is very active on all major social media platforms. In addition to keeping his millions of followers up to date with all the latest news and activities, he uses his social media reach to raise awareness and influence the public.
Twitter: @nayibbukele (3.8 million followers)
Instagram: @nayibbukele (3.3 million followers)
Tik Tok: @nayibbukele (3.3 million followers)
Facebook: Nayib Bukele (6.1 million followers)
Success Lessons From Nayib Bukele
Bukele’s successes in business and politics provide us with many lessons.
- Bukele states that it is the responsibility of all citizens to help one another, even if it causes momentary discomfort, for the greater good of all.
- Nayib Bukele believes that the children are the future, and without investing in them, the country has no hope of prosperity.
- Bukele says that you have to be willing to take risks to be successful.
Interesting Facts About Nayib Bukele
The following are some interesting facts about Bukele’s life and political career.
- Nayib Bukele left law school at 18 years old to run a company, and he owns Yamaha Motors in El Salvador.
- Bukele advocated for women’s rights, appointing eight women to top government positions when he became president.
- Nayib Bukele is the first political leader to adopt Bitcoin as one of the country’s official currencies.
- Bukele is one of the youngest Latin American presidents in history.
- Bukele has one of the highest approval rates of all political leaders, at 85 percent.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Nayib Bukele.
How much does the president of El Salvador make?
As president, Nayib Bukele makes $5,181 each month.
What is Nayib Bukele’s political party affiliation?
He is a member of the Nuevas Ideas, a Salvadoran populist political party founded on October 25, 2017.
What are Nayib Bukele’s biggest accomplishments?
Within two years of his presidency, he significantly reduced the crime rate and improved social welfare programs.
Nayib Bukele prides himself on being a leader that’s for the people and relatable to the public. He’s not afraid to challenge others or speak out against corruption, and he rules sternly.
He’s known for using his phone frequently, always being on social media to stay connected with the world, taking selfies, and embracing his status as a millennial president who wants to shake things up.