What is NBA YoungBoy’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$7 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper, Singer-Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1999|
|Height||5’8 / 173cm|
|Place of Birth||Louisiana, US|
- NBA YoungBoy’s Introduction
- Early Life NBA YoungBoy
- NBA YoungBoy’s Career
- Highlights NBA YoungBoy’s Career
- NBA YoungBoy’s Personal Life
- NBA YoungBoy’s Related Youtube Video
- Famous Quotes of NBA YoungBoy
- Social Media Stats of NBA YoungBoy
- Success Lessons from NBA YoungBoy
- Interesting Facts about NBA YoungBoy
NBA YoungBoy’s Introduction
NBA YoungBoy, officially named Kentrell DeSean Gaulden, is an American rap artist from Louisiana. He started his career in music in 2014 – releasing a series of chart-topping mixtapes, singles, and albums over the past decade.
Today, YoungBoy is well-recognized by the hip-hop community. He is celebrated by his fans for his melodic, high-energy rapping style. NBA YoungBoy is also known for frequent run-ins with law enforcement. Recently, YoungBoy showed up to defend himself in an illegal firearms possession case.
Legal troubles in recent years have caused him to spend months at a time in jail on multiple occasions.
Early Life NBA YoungBoy
Kentrell DeSean Gaulden was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on October 20, 1999. He broke his neck while wrestling as a toddler and injured his spine. The head brace he wore to assist recovery left three permanent scars visible on his forehead.
Soon after his birth, Gaulden’s father was arrested and sentenced to 55 years in prison. He was raised mostly by his grandmother. She later died of a heart attack, after which Caulden moved in with local rap artist NBA 3Three and got involved in criminal activity to pay studio fees.
As for his education, Gaulden is a high school dropout who left in grade 9. Shortly after, he was caught in the act while committing a robbery and arrested. It was while he was detained at a detention center in Tallulah, Louisiana he decided to dedicate himself to rapping and began writing lyrics in preparation for his debut.
NBA YoungBoy’s Career
NBA YoungBoy started producing music when he was 14 and released his first mixtape in 2015. However, it wasn’t until he released “38 baby” in 2016 that he started to receive mainstream popularity. Another noteworthy factor that contributed to YoungBoy’s initial success was his beef with fellow rapper, Scotty Cain.
Their aggressive, hostile exchanges went to the point of giving each other death threats. While no actual physical violence took place between them, the feud made for effective publicity and garnered significant attention within the hip-hop community.
His single “Untouchable” from 2017 was a big hit. In the same year, he signed with Atlantic Records and launched his first studio album, “Until Death Call My Name” in 2018. In the music videos for his releases, YoungBoy featured several other prominent names in the industry, such as Young Thug and 21 Savage. He even collaborated with the late rap legend, Juice WRLD, in 2019.
Something noteworthy about YoungBoy’s musical career is the dedication and consistency with which he released music. Also, he gave immense focus to YouTube and quickly cemented himself as a leading musical artist on the platform.
YounBoy’s success streak continued as he released three chart-topping albums (Billboard 200) in 2020 alone. His most recent release was the mixtape “Colors” in January 2022, which he released while under house arrest. His next album, “The Last Slimeto,” is set to release on August 5, 2022.
Highlights NBA YoungBoy’s Career
Here are NBA YoungBoy’s most significant achievements from his musical career:
- NBA YoungBoy was the most-watched musician on YouTube in 2019. He has maintained the spot of the platform’s No.1 music artist every week in 2022.
- He released the chart-topping album “Sincerely, Kentrell” in 2021 while he was in prison. The only two other people who have ever done so are 2Pac and Lil Wayne.
- His track “Bandit” with Juice WRLD won two awards in 2021.
- His track “WusYaName” was nominated for a Grammy Award for “Best Melodic Rap Performance” in 2021.
NBA YoungBoy’s Personal Life
NBA YoungBoy had seven confirmed children with six different women at the age of 22. He reported expecting an eighth child with a seventh woman, Jazlyn Mychelle, in April 2021.
Two of his sons, Kaycen and Kaydey, showed up in his single “Kacey Talk” music video.
NBA has been in legal trouble since 2016 and is currently under house arrest for a firearms-possession trial.
In January 2022, YoungBoy’s house in Houston, Texas, was raided by SWAT. Three men, Carleon Gallien, Roymello Williams, and Daryl Brown, were arrested. They were prime suspects in a shooting that had taken place in November 2021. Police claimed that the three men were associates of the rapper.
It is believed that YoungBoy’s mother resides in the Houston house. Fortunately, she was not home when the raid took place.
NBA YoungBoy’s Related Youtube Video
Famous Quotes of NBA YoungBoy
Here are some of the most popular and inspirational quotes from NBA YoungBoy:
- “I think music made me who I am. Music taught me what was gutter and what wasn’t. Music taught me how to live.”
- “Won’t show no sympathy ’cause it’s a dirty game. I know they don’t feel my pain. Can’t let ’em end my name.”
- “Without loyalty, you won’t accomplish anything.”
- “I wanted to be a rapper and I couldn’t focus and do that. I didn’t even have the clothes for that shit. It really felt like I wasn’t smart enough, so what the fuck I’m there for?”
Social Media Stats of NBA YoungBoy
NBA YoungBoy currently has a limited social media presence as he deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts during an earlier drug possession trial. Here are the links to his official social media accounts along with his current following:
Success Lessons from NBA YoungBoy
Here are some success lessons from NBA YoungBoys’ character and career:
- Start young. Inspired by local rap artists, NBA Youngboy started practicing music at the young age of 14.
- Niche down. Because he focused exclusively on YouTube, NBA YoungBoy is currently the top musician on that platform.
- Don’t give up on your passion. NBA YoungBoy continued producing and releasing music while on arrest/house arrest. The tracks he released while during this period turned out to be some of his most popular ones.
- Capitalize on opportunity. NBA YoungBoy has handled partnerships and collaborations quite well. He obtained a lot of his initial fame from a beef with rapper Scotty Cain in 2016.
Interesting Facts about NBA YoungBoy
These are some surprising facts about NBA YoungBoy you might not have known:
- He had seven children from six different women at the age of 22.
- He has released a total of 26 mixtapes, EPs, and studio albums since 2015.
- His luxurious car collection is estimated to have a value of $1 million.
- NBA YoungBoy has been arrested at least five times from 2015 to 2021. He has spent months in jail on multiple occasions.
Related: Trippie Redd’s Worth and Facts
What Does NBA Mean?
NBA stands for Never Broke Again.
Where is NBA YoungBoy now?
He is currently under pre-trial house arrest in Utah. He acquired a $1.5 million bond on October 26, 2021, after being in jail for six months under charges of possessing firearms as a felon.
When is NBA YoungBoy’s trial?
The trial is scheduled for June 11, 2022.
NBA YoungBoy is a famous American rap artist from Louisiana. He started his career in music in 2014, released multiple mixtapes by 2017, signed with Atlantic Records, and released his first studio album in the following year.
He has obtained great success with his releases but has also been involved in some serious trouble with the law. NBA YoungBoy has been making headlines lately with the ongoing court case for his illegal firearms possession trial. The case has been handed over to the jury, and a decision is pending.