What is Patrick Mahomes’ net worth?
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Source of Wealth||Football, Sponsorships, Golf|
|Date of Birth||September 17th, 1995|
|Height||6’3 ft / 190.5 cm|
|Place of Birth||Tyler, TX|
- Patrick Mahomes’ Introduction
- Early Life of Patrick Mahomes
- Patrick Mahomes’ Career
- Highlights of Patrick Mahomes’ Career
- Patrick Mahomes’ Personal Life
- Patrick Mahomes’ Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Patrick Mahomes
- Success Lessons From Patrick Mahomes
- Interesting Facts About Patrick Mahomes
- Final Words
Patrick Mahomes’ Introduction
Patrick Mahomes is an American football player famous for rising to the top quickly and winning a Super Bowl at a young age. Mahomes currently plays as a quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs and is one of the most well-known celebrity quarterbacks in the country.
Mahomes had a successful background at Texas Tech University, after which the NFL drafted him quickly. He then started a successful career with the Chiefs. Read on to discover more about Patrick Mahomes’s net worth and how he earned it.
The football player was born Patrick Lavon Mahomes II in Tyler, Texas. His father was a Major League Baseball player, and Mahomes followed in his footsteps by playing baseball at Whitehouse Highschool in Whitehouse, Texas.
Mahomes was also skilled at basketball and football in high school and sought to further his football talents in college. In 2014, Mahomes started a degree at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, where he played college football and baseball and completed three years as a student.
Patrick Mahomes started as a backup quarterback at Texas Tech University and quickly became one of their best players. He continued to pursue baseball on the side.
Patrick Mahomes’ Career
Patrick Mahomes started his career in 2017. He had completed three years of school at Texas Tech but was already gaining national prominence. Mahomes decided to drop out of the university and seek a spot in the NFL draft instead.
Excitement surrounded the draft of Patrick Mahomes. He reached an impressive 60 miles per hour at his first throwing drills session, tying for the fastest speed at the NFL Scouting Combine showcase. ESPN predicted he would be the third-best quarterback in the draft, and other media outlets suggested he would be a high pick.
The Kansas City Chiefs selected Patrick Mahomes as their first-round pick in the 2017 NFL draft. He ranked as the 10th pick overall, and the Chiefs quickly signed him onto a four-year contract for $16.42 million.
Patrick Mahomes started his first season with the Chiefs in fall 2017 and served as a backup, occasionally stepping in to take over for starter Alex Smith. Upon Smith’s departure in 2018, Mahomes became the starting quarterback.
Mahomes performed well for the Chiefs, earning the NFL Offensive Player of the Year award in 2018. He led the team to victory at Super Bowl LIV against the San Francisco 49ers and appeared against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Super Bowl LV. Outside of football, Mahomes earns money from sponsorships like State Farm and Adidas.
Highlights of Patrick Mahomes’ Career
- 2014: Began as a backup for Texas Tech University’s football team.
- 2017: Drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs and signed a four-year contract.
- 2020: Led the Chiefs in their Super Bowl LIV victory and became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl MVP award.
- 2021: Made a second Super Bowl appearance with the Chiefs against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Patrick Mahomes’ Personal Life
Patrick Mahomes is close with his parents, who both reside in Texas. He is the son of Pat Mahomes, a notable MLB player with the Boston Red Sox, Minnesota Twins, New York Mets, and the Yokohama Bay Stars in Japan.
Patrick Mahomes is married to Brittany Matthews, a former professional soccer player. Matthews is also a personal trainer and the co-owner of the Kansas City Current soccer team. The couple has been together since attending high school in Whitehouse, Texas, and he proposed to her in Kansas City in 2020.
Mahomes and Matthews announced their first pregnancy in September 2020, and their daughter was born in the spring of 2021. They announced a second pregnancy in 2022.
In 2022, Mahomes married Matthews in a lavish, highly publicized wedding in Maui, Hawaii. The couple lives in Kansas City, Missouri, where they both work.
The Chiefs quarterback is active in social justice movements and supports many charities. He is outspoken about voting rights, children’s rights, and issues relating to police brutality. Mahomes teamed up with his friend Tyrann Mathieu in 2020 to demand the NFL take a stance on issues of violence against Black people in the United States.
Patrick Mahomes’ Related YouTube Video
1.) “You dream of your first NFL start when you’re a little kid, playing football in the backyard, but until you get there, you never know what to expect.” – Patrick Mahomes
2.) “Never change who you are, and be the best you can be.” – Patrick Mahomes
3.) “As a quarterback and football player, you always want to get better.” – Patrick Mahomes
- Patrick Mahomes believes in working hard from a young age, as success can come anytime.
- Mahomes shows that a person can lead their team to victory with leadership skills and teamwork.
- Mahomes defied the odds and became a football player despite being from a small town.
- Mahomes shows that a person doesn’t have to have a college degree to succeed, as he dropped out of college to play football.
- Patrick Mahomes is an avid golf player and takes part in celebrity golf tournaments. He appeared in The Match golf challenge in 2022 and lost to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
- In 2014, the Detroit Tigers selected Mahomes for a contract in the MLB draft. However, Mahomes chose not to sign and pursued football instead.
- Mahomes loves playing video games, especially Call of Duty, because it is a safe hobby. The Chiefs asked him to stop playing basketball as it could risk an injury. Instead, Mahomes found a new pastime by playing video games.
- As a native of the state of Texas, Mahomes is a dedicated fan of the Whataburger restaurant chain. In 2021, he became an investor for Whataburger and encouraged the chain to expand to other states. Whataburger decided to open new restaurants in Wichita and the Kansas City area, where Mahomes resides.
Below we’ve included some of the most commonly asked questions about Patrick Mahomes.
Patrick Mahomes has two siblings, and his brother Jackson is an internet celebrity. He has a younger half-sister named Mia Randall.
Mahomes suffered a severe injury to his foot in 2021. It threatened his ability to play football, but he healed after surgery.
Yes, Mahomes is of partial African descent on the paternal side. He is outspoken about his experiences as a minority in the NFL.
Patrick Mahomes is an American football player who succeeded in his career due to his hard work and leadership skills. His time with the Kansas City Chiefs has earned him millions of dollars and national fame, and his Super Bowl win in 2020 indicated that he was a major rising star in the football world.
Featured Image Editorial Credit: Jamie Lamor Thompson / Shutterstock.com