What is Queen Latifah’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$70 million|
|Source of Wealth||Actress/talk show host/film producer|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1970|
|Height||5 ft 10 inches|
|Place of Birth||Newark, New Jersey|
- Queen Latifah’s Introduction
- Early Life of Queen Latifah
- Queen Latifah’s Career
- Highlights of Queen Latifah’s Career
- Personal Life of Queen Latifah
- Queen Latifah’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Queen Latifah
- Social Media Stats of Queen Latifah
- Success Lessons From Queen Latifah
- Interesting Facts About Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah’s Introduction
Dana Elaine Owens, popularly known as Queen Latifah, is an American rapper, songwriter, singer, actress, comedienne, model, producer, and talk show hostess. She is considered one of hip-hop’s pioneering feminists. She has enjoyed a successful acting career and has an estimated net worth of about $70 million.
Early Life of Queen Latifah
Dana Elaine Owens was born in Newark, New Jersey, on March 18, 1970. She is the daughter of Lancelot Amos Owens, a police officer, and Rita Lamae, a high school teacher. She lived in East Orange, New Jersey. However, her parents divorced when she was only ten.
She attended a Catholic school in Newark and Essex Catholic Girls’ High School in Irvington but graduated from Irvington High School. She was a power forward on her high school basketball team. After high school, she attended classes at Borough of Manhattan Community College.
Owens adopted her stage name Latifah when she was eight from an Arabic book, which means delicate and very kind.
Queen Latifah’s Career
Latifa began beatboxing in the late ‘80s and was signed by Tommy Boy Music, where she released her first single, Wrath of My Madness. She released her first album, All Hail the Queen, in 1989, followed by two more, and was then signed by Motown Records, which produced her fourth album, Order in the Court.
In 2004, Latifah began doing soul and jazz music and released The Dana Owens Album. She went on to release the Tray’lin’ Light album, which featured guest appearances from musicians of different genres.
Throughout her long career, Latifah appeared in many high-profile films and TV shows. Her early roles came in an NBC hit, where she was a guest star in two episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. She also starred in the Fox sitcom Living Single (1993 – 1998), which gained very high ratings.
She hosted the successful Queen Latifa Show from 1991 to 2001, which she revamped for another two seasons from 2013 to 2014. Likewise, she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the musical film Chicago, which won the Academy Award for best picture.
Latifah is the spokesperson for CoverGirl, Pizza Hut, and Jenny Craig. She has a line of CoverGirl cosmetics created for women of color. She has also written a book, “Ladies First: Revelations of a Strong Woman.”
Highlights of Queen Latifah’s Career
Some main highlights of Latifah’s career include:
- Releasing ‘All hail the queen’ in 1989
- Became the first female rapper to cross over into the TV and film industry
- She led the charge for female empowerment in rap.
- Won a Grammy Award in 1995
- Launched the flavor entertainment unit in the ‘90s
- Was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2006
- Was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in Chicago (2002)
- Portrayed Cleo in Set It Off (1996)
Personal Life of Queen Latifah
In 1992, Latifah’s older brother, Lancelot Jr., was killed in an accident, which led her to depression and drug abuse. She was a victim of a carjacking in 1995 that resulted in the shooting of her boyfriend.
Latifah has been arrested on different occasions, including in 1996 when she was charged with possession of marijuana, and driving under the influence in Los Angeles in 2002. She was charged and sentenced to probation for three years.
Latifah has remained silent over her sexuality but publicly acknowledged being in a relationship with Eboni Nichols during the BET Awards 2021. Latifah and Nichols became part of the media headlines after they were spotted kissing at Sardinia beach in 2014.
Featured: Cardi B Musical Career and Facts
Queen Latifah’s Related YouTube Video
Queen Latifah Sets It Off While Eating Hot Wings | Hot Ones
Famous Quotes of Queen Latifah
- “You have to stand for what you believe in and sometimes you have to stand alone.”– Queen Latifah
- “The good thing about movies is that they’re subjective. You can connect to different themes depending on your own perspective.” – Queen Latifah
- “Look at people for an example, but then make sure to do things your way. Surround yourself with positive people.” – Queen Latifah
- “It’s great to be able to employ people who other people wouldn’t consider viable employees.” – Queen Latifah.
Social Media Stats of Queen Latifah
Here are the social media accounts of Queen Latifah along with their current following count:
Success Lessons From Queen Latifah
Here are some success lessons to learn from Latifah; –
1. Work hard
Hard work is the key to success. Do not be lazy around and expect things to go your way. Step up and fight for your success.
2. There are no limits
Exploit various avenues to achieve your goals. Don’t just limit yourself to certain fields and conditions.
3. Mentor others
Give others a platform to stand out and pursue their dreams. It is great to employ people who other people wouldn’t consider viable employees.
Interesting Facts About Queen Latifah
Here are some interesting facts about Latifah:
- She was nicknamed Latifah, at the age of eight, an Arabic word meaning delicate, by a cousin.
- She won two state championships as a power forward on her high school basketball team.
- Latifah made her big-screen debut in 1991 in Spike Lee’s Jungle Fever.
- She established Owens Scholarship Fund, founded in memory of her brother Lancelot. The fund awards scholarships to economically challenged students.
- She was the big winner of the 2000 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire celebrity week, earning $250,000, which she donated to her brother’s charity.
- Latifah has had only one boyfriend, who was killed in a carjacking.
- Latifah is engaged to Eboni Nichols and has a son named Rebel.
Read More: Jennifer Lopez Marriage and Success Lessons
Is Queen Latifah married?
Latifah has never been married, but she is engaged to her girlfriend, Eboni Nichols.
What is Queen Latifah’s net worth?
Queen Latifah has had a successful career. Her net worth is estimated to be $70 million.
Who was Latifah’s boyfriend?
Latifah had a boyfriend, Sean Moon, but they are no longer dating as of now.
Queen Latifah continues to enjoy her long, successful, and high-end career as a professional actress, rapper, singer, songwriter, film producer, and TV show hostess. Her venture in the entertainment field has earned her various prestigious accolades. As of July 2022, her net worth is estimated to be around $70 million.