What is RiceGum’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Youtuber/Rapper|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1996|
|Nationality||American (Vietnamese Descent)|
|Height||1.83 m (6’0”)|
|Place of Birth||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
- RiceGum’s Introduction
- Early Life of RiceGum
- RiceGum’s Career
- Highlights of RiceGum’s Career
- Personal Life of RiceGum
- RiceGum’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of RiceGum
- Social Media Stats of RiceGum
- Success Lessons From RiceGum
- Interesting Facts About RiceGum
Bryan Quang Le, also known as RiceGum, is a controversial American YouTuber who is famous for his diss tracks and feuds with online celebrities.
Le was a famous personality known for making online roast videos. He became an overnight sensation in 2017 after he responded to Jake Paul with his diss track “Its Everynight Sis,” featuring Alissa Violet. What started as a hobby soon became a source of income as his diss tracks and other music projects gained a huge fandom.
Early Life of RiceGum
Bryan Quang Le was born on November 19, 1996, in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is the son of Luat Quang Le and Quang Le Lely. During his high school life, he was skilled at basketball and was part of Sierra Vista High School’s team. He then attended the University of Nevada for one semester before dropping out to focus on his online career. Le mentions this step as crucial for becoming a part of the “real world.”
He set up his YouTube channel as a teen and originally posted gaming videos. In his early days, he made blogs and gained a small amount of attention for his witty comments on celebrities during online streams.
Le’s humble beginning on YouTube in 2012 brought him little to no fame. Eventually, he partnered with Machinima to make gaming videos. However, his channel soon became centralized around comedy. He started ranting on kids who posted videos on a platform called “musical.ly.”
This popular series was called “These Kids Must Be Stopped.” His initial rise to fame was due to his feud with Jacob Sartorius and the diss track he made on him. Le became the center of attention through his disputes with prominent YouTube personalities such as Jake Paul, KSI, and IDubbbz.
Le’s first single, “Its Everynight Sis,” landed him the 25th rank on Billboard’s Emerging Artists chart. His next single, “God Church,” was another reference to Jake Paul’s song. He continued to upload more songs regularly placed on the Billboard top 100 and the Canadian top 100 charts.
Le created the famous online celebrity group Clout Gang along with fellow YouTuber, FaZe Banks. The group was initially made in retaliation to Jake Paul’s Team 10 but soon became an independent brand. The group began selling merchandise and held several meetup events at conventions and in other places unofficially. In 2018, he officially became a member of Banks’ Fortnite gaming team FaZe Clan.
However, Le soon lost relevancy due to his controversial Hong Kong vlogs in 2018, where he made racist and derogatory comments to the general public. He was also part of a mystery box website later exposed as a scam in 2019.
Highlights of RiceGum’s Career
- Has 1 Billion+ views on his YouTube channel
- Certified platinum song “Its Everynight Sis” by the RIAA
- Starred in a Super Bowl ad for Monster headphones
- Scouted by the professional e-sports team FaZe Clan
Personal Life of RiceGum
Le has a sister, Ling Ling, and a brother whose name is unknown. Le is very defensive of his family because he introduced his sister in one of his videos and it didn’t go as planned. Viewers were quick to troll and make racist comments about her sister. He took down the video and decided to keep his family separate from his professional life.
In 2017, Gabbie Hanna accused Le of assaulting him and breaking her phone at a party as she was recording him. Le denied the assault accusations but confirmed that he threw her phone. Hanna did not take legal action but asked for compensation for her phone.
Le was rumored to be in a relationship with Instagram model Sommer Ray in 2017. The couple lived in the same building in Los Angeles, which generated a lot of speculation about their supposed friendship. However, the rumors were short-lived as he started dating Abby Rao in early 2019. The two announced their break up that same year, which was surrounded by a lot of drama and bad blood.
As of now, RiceGum has not publicly announced that he is dating anyone. His Twitter activity suggests that he is currently in a relationship with Ellerie Marie.
RiceGum’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of RiceGum
RiceGum is a successful rapper and the lyrics of his songs show his creative prowess. Although more popular among the youth, his words are definitely influential:
- “I remember when the Internet was an escape from the real world. Now, the real world is an escape from the Internet”
- “Kids from my elementary school trying to be friends now, but I remember when they didn’t let me sit with them at lunch, lol”
- “If you spend your free time reading inspirational quotes on Google you will be successful one day”
Social Media Stats of RiceGum
Despite being a social media celebrity, RiceGum’s last Youtube video was posted a year ago. He is more active on his Twitter and Tiktok accounts:
- YouTube: 10.1 Million subscribers
- Twitter: 2.6 Million followers
- Instagram: 3.7 Million followers
- Tiktok: 895 Thousand followers
Success Lessons From RiceGum
There is much to learn from RiceGum’s smart way of using the YouTube algorithm and his social collaboration to find success:
- Hard work and never giving up. RiceGum went from a teen game streamer to one of the fastest-growing YouTubers during 2017 and 2018. It was his never-ending efforts to monetize his channel that finally paid off.
- Pursuing your passion. RiceGum always loved rapping. He strove to make a career in music and released his smashing debut song in 2017 after years of trial and effort.
- Adapting to changing circumstances. After the YouTube algorithm changed, RiceGum adapted his content and switched to making vlogs and online challenges instead of game streams.
- Patience in your work. Le preaches how greatness can not be rushed and that taking your time in doing your best is important. Quality over quantity.
Interesting Facts About RiceGum
- RiceGum attended the University of Nevada, but dropped out after one semester to focus on his online career.
- During one of RiceGum’s live streams, Mia Khalifa joined him online while he was playing a video game.
- According to one of his tweets, RiceGum turned down a Harvard scholarship to focus on YouTube.
- Le launched a crypto token along with FaZe members called “Save The Kids,” which failed.
Why did RiceGum break up with Abby Rao?
It was a mutual breakup due to their different goals and ambitions. However, it turned into a bitter situation after the two shared personal tweets back-and-forth.
Is RiceGum Asian?
RiceGum is half-Chinese and half-Vietnamese. He is a U.S. citizen as he was born in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Is RiceGum religious?
There is no clear evidence of his religion or his religious practices. However, the general idea is that his family believes in Confucianism.
RiceGum has become one of the most influential YouTubers of modern times. In recent years, he hasn’t been very relevant or active on his social media. His fame was rather short-lived and RiceGum is currently not posting anything on YouTube or releasing any new music.