What is Rihanna’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$1.7 billion|
|Source of Wealth||Business Woman / Singer / Actor|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Height||5’6 / 173 cm|
|Place of Birth||Saint Michael, Barbados|
- Rihanna‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Rihanna
- Rihanna‘s Music Career
- Rihanna’s Business Career
- Highlights of Rihanna‘s Career
- Personal Life of Rihanna
- Rihanna‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Rihanna
- Social Media Stats of Rihanna
- Success Lessons From Rihanna
- Interesting Facts About Rihanna
Robyn ‘Rihanna’ Fenty is a singer, actor, and businesswoman. She is the richest female musician in the world with a staggering net worth of $1.7 billion. Rihanna has accumulated a gigantic fan following all over the world through her music.
Besides earning from her music career, a large portion of her net worth is conceived from her makeup brand, Fenty Beauty, in collaboration with LVMH. Rihanna became an media icon not just as a singer — but also as a businesswoman, entrepreneur, and model.
Early Life of Rihanna
Robyn ‘Rihanna’ Fenty was born in Saint Michael, Barbados, on February 20, 1988. Her mother, Monica Braithwaite, was an accountant, while his father, Ronald Fenty, was a warehouse supervisor.
Rihanna has two brothers. She also has two half-sisters and one half-brother from her dad’s side from his previous relationships. As a child, she used to help her dad set up stalls and sell clothes to support her family and make ends meet.
Unfortunately, her dad became addicted to alcohol and crack cocaine, which made her parents’ marriage troublesome. This ultimately affected her mental health and she started experiencing severe headaches. As a refuge, she started taking interest in reggae music.
When Rihanna was 14, her parents split up. Shortly after, her mental health started to improve. Rihanna attended Combermere School, where she was an army cadet in a sub-military program.
Although Rihanna wanted to graduate from high school, she later changed her mind after meeting record producer Evan Rogers. He brought her to the United States and recorded several demos. Amazed by her talent, Evan decided to sign Rihanna to Syndicated Rhythm Production.
Rihanna‘s Music Career
Upon discovering her talent, Evan Rogers sent one of her first demos, “Pon De Replay,” to Jay-Z, CEO of Def Jam Records. He called Rihanna for an audition where she left the executives speechless, including Jay-Z. She signed a 6-album deal with Def Jam Records the same day of her audition.
“Pon De Replay” became a huge success after its release and ended up on the Billboard charts while getting Rihanna noticed by critics. Rihanna released her debut album, “Music of the Sun,” in 2005. After eight months, she followed up with another album, “A Girl Like Me,” which became platinum-certified.
In 2007, Rihanna dropped an album, “Good Girl Gone Bad,” which the critics highly praised. The best single from the album, “Umbrella,” sold over a whopping 8 million copies! It also won a Grammy Award for ‘Best Rap/Song Collaboration’ with Jay-Z.
Over the years, Rihanna has released many hit albums and has dramatically increased her influence. She has also launched many hit singles, including “Love The Way You Lie,” “Talk That Talk,” and “Rated R.” In addition, she has collaborated with notable artists such as Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem, Calvin Harris, and many more.
Rihanna is among the most successful female artists of the 21st century, with 250 million records sold. Her fame and huge fan base helped her successfully diversify into multiple business ventures.
Rihanna’s Business Career
Rihanna has made various brand endorsement deals. In 2015, she promoted Samsung’s Galaxy phone lineup in return for $25 million. She has also collaborated with numerous luxury brands, including Gucci, Dior, Armani, Secret Body Spray, etc.
Rihanna is also known as the owner of her makeup brand, Fenty Beauty, in collaboration with LVMH. She launched the brand in September 2017 and made approximately $100 million in revenue in the first two months. In 2018, the brand brought in a whopping $570 million in sales. The brand’s total value is approximately $2 to 3 billion, of which Rihanna owns 50%.
In 2018, Rihanna launched the lingerie brand, Savage x Fenty. It is conceivable that the brand is worth $1 billion, out of which Rihanna is the stake owner of approximately 30% of the brand.
In addition to her beauty and clothing lineup, Rihanna co-owns Tidal, a music streaming platform with former artists such as Jay-Z, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, and Madonna. Rihanna holds approximately 3% of the shares, equivalent to $9 million after Jack Dorsey Inc. acquired the company for $297 million in 2021.
Rihanna has also starred in several movies. Her first film debut was “Bring It On: All of Nothing” in 2006. Over the years, she has made appearances in several movies, including Battleship, Guava Island, Home, etc. She played the protagonist in the film “Ocean’s 8” which grossed $300 million worldwide.
Highlights of Rihanna‘s Career
- Released 8 studio albums, 3 extended plays, 2 remix albums, 1 reissue, and 7 box sets.
- All of her albums are platinum-certified.
- 14 songs of hers topped No. 1 place on Billboard Hot 100.
- Has won 9 Grammy Awards.
- Won 12 Billboard Music Awards.
Personal Life of Rihanna
Rihanna started dating rapper Chris Brown in 2007. Two years later, they broke up after he physically assaulted her. Rihanna suffered from several injuries and needed immediate medical attention. Brown was charged based on domestic violence and criminal threats.
He was on probation for five years and was required to stay 50 yards away from her. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Rihanna confirmed that she had started dating Brown again in January 2013. Unfortunately, their relationship lasted only for a few months.
From 2009 to 2016, Rihanna was involved in an on-and-off relationship with Drake. Rihanna and Hassan Jameel, a Saudi businessman, started dating in 2017. However, their relationship ended in January 2020.
In May 2021, rumors started to spread that ASAP Rocky and Rihanna were dating, which he confirmed in an interview with GQ. The couple had their first son on May 19, 2022.
Featured: Beyonce’s Worth and Success Lessons
Rihanna‘s Related YouTube Video
Rihanna Reveals How She Told A$AP Rocky She Was Pregnant
Famous Quotes of Rihanna
- “If you don’t live your life, then who will?”
- “You may never be good enough for everybody, but you will always be the best for somebody.”
- “It’s tougher to be vulnerable than to actually be tough.”
- “Don’t hide from who you are.”
Social Media Stats of Rihanna
- Instagram: 133 Million Followers
- Facebook: 102 Million Followers
- Twitter: 107 Million Followers
- YouTube: 39.4 Million Followers
Success Lessons From Rihanna
- Hard Work Pays Off. You always get what you put in. Rihanna didn’t become a star overnight. It took years and years of getting better at what she does to eventually gain prominence in the music industry.
- Follow Your Passion. Rihanna’s passion for music has led her to become the amazing musician she is today. Trying to force yourself to find a career won’t make you happy. Instead, try as many things as possible and do the one that hooks up to you and makes you happy every day.
- Venture Out Into Different Businesses. After conquering the music world, Rihanna didn’t stop there. She ventured out to the fashion business and made her beauty fashion like “Fenty,” which is now worth billions. Currently, she is on track to dominating the fashion industry.
Interesting Facts About Rihanna
- People in Barbados celebrate Rihanna’s day.
- Rihanna insured her legs for $1 million.
- She was supposed to be Katy Perry’s maid of honor.
- Rihanna never knew Jay-Z would feature in her song “Umbrella” until she listened to the final product.
- She has banned people from bringing umbrellas to her gigs.
Is Rihanna richer than Beyonce?
Rihanna is richer; her net worth is $1.7 billion. Beyonce has a net worth of $440 million.
At what age did Rihanna become famous?
Rihanna’s career started at the age of 16 when producer Evan Rogers brought her to the US and forwarded her demos to Jam Records.
What is Rihanna’s favorite movie?
Rihanna’s favorite movie of all time is Napoleon Dynamite.
How many children does Rihanna have?
Rihanna was blessed with her first baby boy on May 19, 2022.
Rihanna is a pop artist whose music is loved by billions. Rihanna certainly knows a lot about success. She is currently the richest female musician on the planet. While the queen of pop conquered the music industry, she is on her way to conquering the fashion industry as well. Rihanna created her fashion and beauty line, “Fenty” which took her net worth to new heights while making various brand endorsement deals. Today she is considered a fashion icon and an idol.
Read Next: Lady Gaga’s Career and Tragic Personal Life
Featured image credit: lev radin / Shutterstock.com