What is Rod Wave’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapping|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1999|
|Height||1.68 m (5’6”)|
|Place of Birth||St. Petersburg, Florida, USA|
- Rod Wave‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Rod Wave
- Rod Wave‘s Career
- Highlights of Rod Wave‘s Career
- Rod Wave‘s Personal Life
- Rod Wave‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Rod Wave
- Social Media Stats of Rod Wave
- Success Lessons From Rod Wave
- Interesting Facts About Rod Wave
Rod Wave‘s Introduction
Rod Wave is a professional American rapper and songwriter who is considered as one of the founders of the soul-trap music genre. The hip-hop tracks introduce his strong voice through a melodic R&B touch.
His unique style made him go viral on both TikTok and YouTube, where most of his fanbase was generated.Generation Z’s obsession with Rod Wave allowed him to become popular all-over social media. Due to this unbelievable response, he became a millionaire at the young age of 23.
Early Life of Rod Wave
Rodarius Marcell Green was born on August 27, 1999, in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA. He experienced a troubled childhood after his parents split up and his father ended up in prison. Since elementary school, Green and his mother struggled financially due to which he became involved in robbing and dealing drugs.
Rod’s father turned his life around by encouraging him to pursue music as he had a beautiful voice. After graduating high school, he quickly caught attention from music fans. The recognition brought him confidence to produce more music projects and aim higher.
Related: Best NBA YoungBoy Quotes of All Time
Rod Wave‘s Career
In 2016, Green released his first mixtape, “Hunger Games Vol. 1,” followed by many other independent projects in the same year. His projects gained popularity, which led him to being signed with Alamo Records.
In 2019, Rod Wave became famous on TikTok and multiple other social media platforms due to his song “Heart On Ice.” It was released in the “PTSD” mixtape and climbed to No.25 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Green’s debut album, “Ghetto Gospel,” reached 10th place on the Billboard 200 chart. His second album, “Pray 4 Love,” saw great commercial success too and debuted at No.2 on Billboard 200. In 2020, Green was featured in XXL’s 2020 Freshman Class along with other prominent artists like Jack Harlow. His third album, “Soul Fly,” was released in 2021 after getting delayed a few months. He was under the spotlight for releasing the single “Nirvana,” which many suspected to be a suicide note.
Green has worked with numerous famous artists like Kevin Gates, Moneybagg Yo, and Polo G. In 2022, he released his fourth album, “Beautiful Mind.”
Highlights of Rod Wave‘s Career
- Debut commercial mixtape “Hunger Games Vol. 1” (2016)
- Signing under Alamo Records (2018)
- Viral hit single “Heart On Ice” (2019)
- Debut album “Ghetto Gospel” (2019)
Rod Wave‘s Personal Life
Green initially started pursuing music as a hobby rather than a career. His father’s initiative and his producer’s encouragement motivated him to release tracks professionally.
Green is a father to a pair of twins he had with Kelsey H. They had a loving relationship for several years until things got ugly. Green’s abusive nature was shown as he was arrested for battery after choking Kelsey until she suffocated. On another occasion, he hit her in front of their children to the point where she was bruised.
Since his teenage years, Green has been in juvenile detention and jail several times for concealing weaponry and armed robbery. He often references his dark past in the music he releases.
Featured: NLE Choppa’s Early Life
Rod Wave‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Rod Wave
Here are some of Rod Wave’s inspirational words:
- “Life is too short to tolerate stuff that doesn’t make you happy.”
- “Before you get one win, you gotta take a thousand losses.”
- “Nobody told me the road would be easy. I can’t believe I made it this far. My whole life, I’ve been working so hard.”
Social Media Stats of Rod Wave
Here are the social media statistics of Rod Wave.
- Instagram: 5.5 million followers
- Twitter: 1.3 million followers
- Facebook: 454K followers
- YouTube: 4.4 million subscribers
Success Lessons From Rod Wave
- Do what makes you happy. Green talks about how compromising your happiness for a career will never be fulfilling. In order to progress higher and find the motivation to work harder, you need to believe in yourself and pursue something you’re passionate about.
- Handle your loss. Green preaches that life will always give you challenges that you might fail at. However, it is essential to understand you don’t always win and that failure only makes you stronger for your next obstacle.
- Change is possible. Green has led a life full of tragedy and bad decisions. Even though he went to jail several times, he was able to get back on track through music. No matter how badly influenced, you can always changeif you give yourself that chance.
- Passion and drive. Green believes that with enough dedication in your heart for a certain dream, you can make it come true as long as you don’t lose hope.
Interesting Facts About Rod Wave
Here are some interesting facts about Rod Wave:
- Green’s first ever show was on a school night in a strip club where he made $500.
- In 2020, Green was involved in a nearly fatal car accident.
- Green shares more intimate feelings through his music.
- Green’s favorite TV show is “Game of Thrones.”
After releasing the song “Nirvana,” he disabled his Instagram and Twitter accounts. However, they are both back again.
Was Rod Wave the best rapper in 2021?
Rod Wave was the biggest artist in the first quarter of 2021 with ten certifications.
What cars does Rod Wave own?
His collection of cars include the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, Mercedes Benz Convertible, Infiniti Q60, and several other exotic cars.
Green’s perserverence and stroke of luck is a true “rags 2 riches” story. To gather the amount of fame and wealth at such an age is not an easy accomplishment. Rod Wave continues to express himself and reflect on his life through his music.
Read More: Trippie Redd’s Career