How much is Ryan Kaji’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$32 million|
|Source of Wealth||YouTube|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 2011|
|Place of Birth||Cypress, Texas, USA|
- Ryan Kaji’s Introduction
- Early Life of Ryan Kaji
- Ryan Kaji’s Career
- Ryan Kaji’s Controversies
- Highlights of Ryan Kaji’s Career
- Personal Life of Ryan Kaji
- Ryan Kaji’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Ryan Kaji and his Family
- Social Media Stats of Ryan Kaji
- Success Lessons From Ryan Kaji
- Interesting Facts About Ryan Kaji
Ryan Kaji’s Introduction
Ryan Kaji is a ten-year-old YouTuber with over 32 million subscribers on his channel ‘Ryan’s World’. He started his YouTube career in 2015 when he was just four-years-old. He uploads videos almost everyday featuring him unboxing toys, playing with them, and reviewing them. Currently, he is one of the youngest and richest YouTubers on the planet with a net worth of over $32 Million.
Early Life of Ryan Kaji
Ryan Haruto Guan was born in Texas, United States, on October 6, 2011. He is of mixed ethnicity as his father, Shion, is Japanese while his mother, Loanne, is Vietnamese.
At a young age, Ryan was inspired by other YouTubers and wanted to appear on the video-sharing platform himself. His mother quit her full-time job as a chemistry teacher to fulfill his dream and created a channel for Ryan to review toys.
Read More: MrBeast YouTube Legacy and Worth
Ryan Kaji’s Career
Ryan started his YouTube channel “Ryan’s Toys Review” in 2015 and later in 2019 he renamed it to “Ryan’s World.” He would upload a video almost every single day. His channel became an instant hit and generated approximately $11 million from 2016 to 2019. The videos would be about unboxing toys, playing with them, and reviewing them, starring Ryan. He is also involved in a number of brand endorsement deals including the toys he reviews.
The most viewed video on Ryan’s World, titled “Huge Eggs Surprise Toys Challenge” received over 2 billion views. In recent years, his range of videos widened their direction from reviewing toys to making daily vlogs to making videos about his day to day life routine.
Ryan hit a new milestone in 2019 by earning a whopping $26 Million from YouTube ad revenue alone. Furthermore, due to his large fan following, he released a toy product line in collaboration with Bonker’s Toys and PocketWatch. According to a spokesperson in 2019, Ryan made more than $200 million by retail sales by his product line.
He has an official website on which he advertises his merchandise. His family also developed an app “Tag with Ryan” along with PocketWatch and the game development studio WildWorks in 2018. Besides this, he released a video game “Race With Ryan” available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Microsoft Windows.
In November 2020, on Amazon Kid+, an animated series “Super Spy Ryan” was released. Later, he also created a 20-episode preschooler television show entitled “Ryan’s Mystery Playdate” in collaboration with PocketWatch which aired on Nick Jr.
According to Forbes, the young multi-millionaire is making approximately $26 million annually.
Ryan Kaji’s Controversies
On August 28, 2019, complaints were filed by “Truth in Advertising” (TA) and the “Federal Trade Commision” (FTC) for not properly disclosing sponsors, which are contained in more than 90% of his videos including sponsorship of unhealthy food. As a result, the FTC sued Google and YouTube for $170 million causing YouTube children’s content to comply with the “Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.”
Another thing that is quite controversial is that some critics think Ryan Kaji’s parents may be exploiting him for money to use his earnings. Hypothetically, Ryan Kaji could be forced to work more than he would want to. He may even be pressured into running the YouTube channel and wouldn’t have the ability to call it quits even if he wanted to. Although Ryan Kaji’s mother cleared the air by telling he is in charge of making his own schedule, many critics are still in doubt.
Highlights of Ryan Kaji’s Career
- His most popular video,“Huge Eggs Surprise Toys,” has more than 2 billion views.
- Ryan’s World crossed 32 Million subscribers on YouTube in 2022.
- Ryan was nominated for the Kids Choice Award in 2022.
Personal Life of Ryan Kaji
Ryan Kaji has two twin baby sisters, Emma and Kate. He studies at a private school. He has good academic performance and regularly participates in extracurricular activities, such as swimming and playing the piano. Ryan prefers to spend time with his family and friends.
Ryan’s parents have faced a lot of controversy accusing them of using Ryan to make money. His mother has clarified that Ryan follows his own schedule.
Ryan Kaji’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Ryan Kaji and his Family
- “Viewership doubled and tripled each month after that point. More than just in the US, we see that growth globally. At first, I was very confused and surprised to see our homemade-quality videos being watched by so many kids around the world.” – Shion Kaji
- “Educational videos, including science experiments and history lessons, are a huge part of the content we produce for the Ryan’s World YouTube channel. We know a lot of kids look up to Ryan, so continuing to provide videos that spark new interest means so much to us.” – Shion Kaji
- “I remember going to Target with my mom, and she bought a Lego Duplo train set. When we got home, she recorded me on her phone, just so my grandparents could see me.” – Ryan Kaji
Social Media Stats of Ryan Kaji
Despite being a major hit, Ryan is only active on YouTube and Instagram. Here are the links to his account and current number of followers:
Success Lessons From Ryan Kaji
Here are a couple of important lessons from the life and career of child-star Ryan Kaji:
1. Success does not need an age. Ryan proved that success does not need an age by becoming the youngest and one of the top most paid YouTubers by the age of just 9.
2. Make the most out of what you have. Ryan did not come from a well-off family, but his desire to appear on YouTube and entertain others with toy unboxing and reviews made him a hit star on the platform
3. Follow Your Passion. From a young age Ryan was eager to follow his passion of becoming a YouTuber. He wanted to get on the platform and share his reviews and thoughts about the toys he played with.
Interesting Facts About Ryan Kaji
Read some of the most interesting and surprising facts about Ryan Kaji:
- Ryan’s actual surname is Guan, but his parents changed it to Kaji when starting YouTube to hide their identity.
- Ryan was nominated for Streamys Award in 2021.
- Ryan has nine YouTube channels as of 2022.
- Ryan’s mother was arrested in 2002 after she was caught shoplifting.
How old was Ryan Kaji when he started his youtube channel?
He started his YouTube channel in 2015 when he was just 4 years old.
Which country is Ryan Kaji from?
Ryan Kaji is from the United States.
How much is Ryan Kaji worth?
According to Forbes, Ryan Kaji’s Net Worth is approximately $32 million. His main income streams are YouTube ad revenue, paid collaborations etc.
What does Ryan Kaji do with all the toys?
According to his family, all the toys that Ryan unboxes are donated to charity.
Ryan Kaji is currently one of the youngest and most successful YouTubers in the world. His passion to create YouTube videos granted him a lot of financial success. He also has his official website and fashion merchandise. Ryan made it to Forbes list of Top Earning YouTubers by garnering over 45 billion views by the end of 2020. With the current growth rate of his success, he is not too far off from becoming the world’s youngest billionaire.