What is Steve Burns’ Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$11 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Actor, Musician|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1973|
|Place of Birth||Boyertown, Pennsylvania|
- Steve Burns’ Introduction
- Early Life of Steve Burns
- Steve Burns’ Career
- Highlights of Steve Burns’ Career
- Steve Burns’ Personal Life
- Steve Burns’ Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Steve Burns
- Success Lessons From Steve Burns
- Interesting Facts About Steve Burns
Steve Burns’ Introduction
Steven Burns is an American actor best known for his role as Steve on Blue’s Clues (1996-2004). The show was a massive success for Nickelodeon and Burns managed to get himself a hefty salary by the end of his tenure.
The actor was also an aspiring musician who would later release an album called Songs for Dustmites with a member of the Flaming Lips in 2003. Being a musician was what Burns always wanted, but he shifted his focus to other projects and eventually worked on his acting career.
Early Life of Steve Burns
Steve Burns was born on October 3, 1973 in Boyertown, Pennsylvania. Since his childhood, Steve was a big fan of music, and that interest stuck with him for the rest of his life. He attended and graduated from Boyertown Area High. After acquiring an acting scholarship from Desales University, an agent spotted his talent, and soon after, he auditioned for a role on a show on the Nickelodeon Network.
Steve wasn’t used to interacting with children and had no experience working with them on-screen. His only experience was doing minor voice-over gigs and television appearances.
Steve Burns’ Career
Burns has enjoyed a rather stable career, even if his major breakthrough on television wasn’t exactly what he expected. He is a musician, a singer, an actor, and a former skater. When he auditioned for “Blue’s Clues” his attire made the executive second-guess putting him on screen in front of children. He had army pants on, an earring, and long hair that emphasized his love for folk-rock and the counterculture at the time.
After the successful audition, Steve changed his getup entirely and became one of the most successful children’s television hosts at the time. Eventually, he had to part ways with the show. It took him a while but he got back to pursuing his interest in music, went back to college to get an education, and came back a better actor. Burns was featured in over 100 episodes and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2001 for playing Steve on Blue’s Clues.
Highlights of Steve Burns’ Career
- He was a member of a few different bands during his years growing up.
- The co-creator and executive producer of Blue’s Clues claimed that out of 100 people who auditioned for the role, Steve felt “the realest.”
- Steve didn’t believe working on a children’s show would be a “life-long career” for him. However, Blue’s Clues went on to become one of the most successful children’s shows in the world.
- Blue’s Clues won eight consecutive Emmy Awards between 1998 and 2005 and a Peabody Award in 2001.
- Burns has also been part of the new show Blue’s Clues & You!, of which he has written and directed several episodes.
Steve Burns’ Personal Life
Burns was fond of music ever since his dad gifted him a toy guitar while he was very young. He’s still fond of the instrument and often plays it in his free time. He’s a big fan of indie rock and has a zany sense of humor. The actor has two siblings, but not much else is known about his personal life.
In an interview with the New York Times, Burns shared how he felt like “Grover” from The Muppets was a true role model for him in terms of working with children. He’s lived in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for several years but recently shifted to a place called the Catskill Mountains.
Steve Burns’ Related YouTube Video
The Internet Is Crying Over Steve From “Blue’s Clues”
Famous Quotes of Steve Burns
- “Music is my life – acting’s just a hobby.”
- “I’m officially near-famous. If you’ve got four-year-old kids and you’ve got cable, then you’ve got no choice but to know who I am. But if you’re one of my peers – a 26-year-old guy who lives in Manhattan – you have no idea who I am. I’m only famous if you’re four.”
- “I just don’t think it’s true that people can’t do something else after they’ve done something that seems so permanent.”
Success Lessons From Steve Burns
- Take Risks: Don’t be afraid to take risks for your career. Steve dropped out of college during his sophomore year because he knew that a great opportunity had presented itself to him.
- Chase Your Dreams: It’s never too late to pursue your dreams, even if it means letting go of something valuable. Blue’s Clues was huge during its prime and Steve could’ve enjoyed that success for far longer than he did, but he chose not to for the sake of his passion to make music.
- Stay Ambitious: Being passionate and honest with yourself can get you a long way. Steve recognized that he had what it took to pursue his goals and was confident and willing to adapt.
- Be Yourself: Be real with people, they’ll like you more for it. The actor wouldn’t be who he is right now if he hadn’t shown off his down-to-earth humble personality and caring nature. He has built a very loyal fanbase over the years.
Interesting Facts About Steve Burns
- During his school and college years, Burns joined several bands like Nine Pound Truck and Ivys.
- He’s the victim of an online conspiracy theory that claimed he was dead or replaced with a look-alike.
- He had to quit Blue’s Clues because of his rapid hair loss.
- Burns hated having to perform in front of a blue screen for the show.
Is Steve from Blue’s Clues alive?
Yes, he is alive and well. Steve Burns has made several cameos and appearances on television recently to dispel any rumors regarding his fake demise according to some shady sources online.
How much does the host of Blue’s Clues make?
According to some sources, Steve is making around $1 million per year. He has managed to stay relevant over the years.
Are Joe and Steve brothers?
No, Burns has no male siblings. Although, their characters are brothers according to the show.