What is Steve Harvey’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$200 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Actor/Comedian/TV Host/Radio Host|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1957|
|Height||1.88 m (6’2”)|
|Place of Birth||Welch, West Virginia, USA|
|Marital Status||Marjorie Elaine Harvey|
- Steve Harvey’s Introduction
- Early Life of Steve Harvey
- Steve Harvey’s Career
- Highlights of Steve Harvey’s Career
- Personal Life of Steve Harvey
- Steve Harvey’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Steve Harvey
- Social Media Stats of Steve Harvey
- Success Lessons from Steve Harvey
- Interesting Facts About Steve Harvey
Steve Harvey’s Introduction
Broderick Stephen Harvey is one of America’s most beloved television personalities. He is a professional comedian, actor, screenwriter, producer, author, businessman, and most of all, an award-winning show host.
After a brief time of doing stand-up, Steve hosted shows like The Steve Harvey Show, Family Feud, Little Big Shots, and events like Miss Universe. Harvey proved his acumen in business by becoming one of the highest-paid comedians in the world. He now owns numerous exotic cars and lives in multi-million dollar mansions.
Early Life of Steve Harvey
Broderick Stephen Harvey was born on January 17, 1957, in Welch, West Virginia, USA. He was the son of a coal miner, Jesse Harvey, and came from a humble background. His family moved to Cleveland, where he attended and graduated from Glenville High School in 1974.
He studied in Kent State University and later West Virginia University. After dropping out of college, Steve switched multiple jobs and worked as a boxer, insurance worker, mailman, auto worker, and carpet cleaner.
In 1985, he won an amateur contest in a local comedy club and decided to focus completely on stand-up comedy. Harvey faced numerous adversities and was homeless for three years in the late 1980s. He got his big break in 1990 when he became a finalist in the Second Annual Johnie Walker National Comedy Search. This allowed him to host “It’s Showtime at the Apollo” on The WB, which was the turning point of his career.
Steve Harvey’s Career
Steve Harvey appeared on The Steve Harvey Show from 1996 to 2002, which got him close to Cedric the Entertainer. He went on the Kings of Comedy tour along with Cedric and others. This tour grossed $37 million in two years, making it the highest-grossing comedy tour in the USA till date.
Spike Lee turned the tour into a film called “The Original Kings of Comedy”. Currently, Harvey hosts his famous “The Steve Harvey Morning Show”, which still airs syndicated through the USA. He also hosts radio shows.
Harvey has also appeared in several movies, with his first appearance being in “The Fighting Temptations” alongside Beyoncé. He appeared in 3 more movies in three consecutive years. During 2006, Harvey started his stand-up special, “Steve Harvey: Don’t Trip,” directed by Leslie Smalls.
Harvey released a New York Times Best Seller book, “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man,” which gave him a new identity as a ‘relationship guru‘ for women. The book was reimagined into a film called “Think Like a Man” in 2012.
Steve Harvey is recognized as an electrifying host. He was particularly famous for hosting the show “Family Feud,” which has been renewed for its 8th season. Harvey created a version with celebrities and another exclusively for South Africa as he owns the rights.
Harvey is also the current host of the International Miss Universe pageantry since 2015. He hosted the 8th Annual NFL Honors, which he had desired for a long time. Harvey is also the co-creator/host of “Little Big Shorts” alongside Ellen Degeneres. As of 2022, Harvey is currently hosting a new show called “Judge Steve Harvey.”
Harvey amalgamated all his business under his in-house production company, ‘Steve Harvey Global.’ It has an events department managed by his daughter and son-in-law. Harvey also has a radio show he started in Atlanta, but is now based in Los Angeles.
Highlights of Steve Harvey’s Career
- 6 Daytime Emmy Awards
- 2 Marconi Awards
- 16 NAACP Image Awards
- 5 People’s Choice Awards
- BET Humanitarian Award (2011)
- Steve was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (2013)
- Honorary Doctorate Degree received at Alabama State University (2016)
Personal Life of Steve Harvey
Harvey married Marcia Harvey in 1981 and had two daughters and a son from the relationship. The couple divorced in 1994. His second marriage was to Mary Shackelford in 1996. He had a son from the Mary, who was born in 1997. After the two divorced the 2005, Mary started spreading rumors that she was left penniless after the divorce, which was rendered false by District Court Judge Robert Dry.
Harvey married Marjorie Bridges in 2007. It was his most successful marriage, and Harvey credited Marjorie for turning him into a better person. He adopted Marjorie’s three children and raised them as his own. Harvey and Marjorie are now grandparents to five children. In 2017, Harvey and his family had to constantly move between Atlanta and Chicago due to Harvey’s career engagements. Harvey later moved all of his work to Los Angeles in 2018.
Harvey and Marjorie founded the ‘Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation’ in 2010. The philanthropic organization conducts a yearly camp for fatherless children and provides scholarships through Kent State University.
While being a devout Christian and vegan, Harvey has faced some controversies. In 2017, he was criticized for a racial joke against Asians, for which he later apologized. He was also criticized for meeting former American president Donald Trump.
Steve Harvey’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Steve Harvey
Steve Harvey’s words are a gift to people of all ages. Here’s a glimpse into some of them:
- “Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes, and you recover from them, and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.”
- “Wake up and smile! Wake up and be grateful!”
- “Do not ignore the passion that burns in you. Spend time to discover your gift.”
Social Media Stats of Steve Harvey
Steve Harvey’s stardom is not limited to mainstream media. Here are his social media stats:
- Instagram: 8.9 Million followers
- Facebook: 31.8 Million followers
- Tiktok: 10 Million followers
- YouTube: 1.7 Million subscribers
Success Lessons from Steve Harvey
Steve Harvey’s tear-jerking life story motivates everyone to fight against adversities in life. Here are some of his best lessons:
- Take chances in life. Steve has worked a number of jobs in his life, from boxing and carpet cleaning to hosting some of the biggest comedy shows in history. The one thing he never did was settle for one trade.
- Dream bigger. Despite being homeless and broke, Steve always dreamt of being a comedian. He worked odd jobs and grabbed every opportunity that could take him to his goal.
- Have faith. Steve has mentioned that all of his career accomplishments are due to his faith in God. In his worst times, he always believed in his ability and talent, which led him to become one of the best comedians in television history.
Interesting Facts About Steve Harvey
- Steve Harvey had a severe stuttering problem as a child.
- In the 2015 Miss Universe pageantry, Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner.
- Steve Harvey is a relationship guru with a dating website named ‘Delightful.’
- Harvey grew up on a farm in Cleveland and his family grew their own food.
How many jobs does Steve Harvey have?
Steve Harvey is currently involved in multiple shows, businesses, and philanthropic activities. In 2016, he stated that he had 12 jobs.
Does Steve Harvey have a private jet?
Yes, Harvey owns a $400,000 Gulfstream private jet. It has a customized seat and a personalized interior design.
How much is Steve Harvey’s house?
Steve Harvey has many real estate properties. His most famous house is a mansion in Atlanta worth $15 Million. He also owns a 7,430 square-foot property in Little Elm, Texas.
Steve Harvey’s redemption story is truly motivating and full of thoughtful lessons. From being completely broke, he is now one of the most famous and richest TV personalities on the planet. Harvey has successfully embedded his name into everyone’s mind as a TV show host. His brilliant business ideas have brought him the wealth, fame, and respect that he relishes today.
Featured image credit: Joe Seer / Shutterstock.com