What is T-Pain’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping / Singing|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1984|
|Height||5’8 / 176 cm|
|Place of Birth||Tallahassee, Florida|
|Marital Status||Married (Amber Najm)|
- T-Pain’s Introduction
- Early Life of T-Pain
- T-Pain’s Career
- Highlights of T-Pain’s Career
- T-Pain’s Personal Life
- T-Pain‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of T-Pain
- Social Media Stats of T-Pain
- Success Lessons from T-Pain
- Interesting Facts about T-Pain
Faheem Rashad Najm, famously known by his stage name T-Pain, is a rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. He is popularly known for his creative use of auto-tune to make unique vocal sounds. Najm got a huge fan base when he dropped his debut studio album, “Rappa Ternt Sanga,” in 2005. He also has two Grammy Awards to his name.
Early Life of T-Pain
Faheem Najm was born on September 30, 1984, in Tallahassee, Florida, to Shasheem Najm and Aliyah Najm.
He was raised in a Muslim household; however, he expressed his lack of interest in religion. His stage name, ‘T-Pain,’ is short for Tallahassee Pain due to the pain and hardships he endured in his childhood while growing up in his hometown.
At the age of 3, he got his first exposure to music when a family friend, gospel jazz artist Ben Tankard, let him stay in his studio room for the whole day. His passion grew with time — at the age 10, he turned his bedroom into a studio room with a beat machine, a keyboard, and a four-track recorder and would create songs.
T-Pain started his career by joining the rap club, Nappy Headz, in 1999. He recorded his first song, “I’m Fucked Up,” which got Akon’s attention. Akon immediately offered him a contract with his label, Konvict Muzik.
Later, T-Pain recorded his debut studio album “Rappa Ternt Sanga” in 2005. The album reached No. 33 on the Billboard Hot 200 and got gold-certified after selling over 500,000 units. His first single, “I’m Sprung,” peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100. His second single, “I’m N Luv (With A Stripper),” topped at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100.
On June 5, 2007, T-Pain dropped his second album “Epiphany” which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 200 and US R&B Chart. The album sold over 171,000 copies in the first week of its release. Its lead single, “Buy U a Drank,” peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B/HipHop Songs.
T-Pain has collaborated with many artists such as Chris Brown, DJ Khaled, Akon, R.Kelly, and Kanye West. His collaboration with Kanye West on “Good Life” won a Grammy Award in 2008 for ‘Best Rap Song’ and BET Award for ‘Best Collaboration.’
In 2007, T-Pain established his record label by the name of “Nappy Boy Entertainment” and dropped his third album, “Three Ringz” with Lil Wayne, Akon, and Rocco Valdes. The album gained massive success. It also featured DJ Khaled, Chris Brown, and Kanye West.
Over the years, T-Pain released two mixtapes and three albums, all of which received positive responses from critics. T-Pain also featured in Pitbull’s “Hey Baby” and Jamie Foxx’s “Blame it,” which helped him win another Grammy Award.
Apart from his music career, T-Pain has ventured into numerous businesses. He launched his app “I’m T-Pain,” which helped people sing like him in auto-tune karaoke. T-Pain also debuted in the movie “Lottery Ticket” and “Furious 7” in 2019. He also appeared in the reality singing competition series “The Masked Singer,” which he won dressed as the Monster.
Highlights of T-Pain’s Career
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Song with Kanye West on “Good Life.”
- Produced a total of 6 Studio Albums, 7 Mixtapes, 21 Singles, and 19 Music Videos.
- Created an app, “I’m T-Pain,” which lets you use auto-tune and makes you sound just like him.
- Won his second Grammy Award after featuring on Jamie Foxx’s “Blame It.”
T-Pain’s Personal Life
T-Pain started dating Amber Wyatt in 2001. They married in 2003 and had two sons, Muziq and Kaydnz Kodah, and a daughter, Lyriq.
On March 27, 2009, T-Pain was involved in a golf cart incident a day before shooting a music video shoot for “Download” by Lil Kim. He got several cuts and bruises and broke four teeth. He needed immediate dental attention. However, he continued to shoot the music video after two days.
On August 30, 2016, T-Pain’s niece was stabbed to death. The suspect was found dead and had apparently committed suicide.
T-Pain is also a passionate gamer; he streams live on Twitch almost daily. He has several tattoos on his body, most of which are internet memes.
Featured: Akon’s Producing Career and Philanthropy
T-Pain‘s Related YouTube Video
T-Pain On Usher, How He Got Into Auto-Tune, Beyonce, Future & More | Drink Champs
Famous Quotes of T-Pain
- “Those who get stuck doing the same things for too long are bound to get left behind the strong who press on and re-invent themselves.”
- “We must all learn to adjust with our surroundings.”
- “They can sonically sound like me, but nobody’s ever gonna be able to write songs like T-Pain. There’s only one of those.”
- “I’ve got a song on every album, two songs as a matter of fact on every album without Auto-Tune, and that’s the song that nobody talks about. It’s weird.”
Social Media Stats of T-Pain
- Instagram: 2.8 Million Followers
- Facebook: 13 Million Followers
- Twitch: 848K Followers
- YouTube: 2.71 Million Followers
- TikTok: 2.9 Million Followers
- Twitter: 1.3 Million Followers
Success Lessons from T-Pain
- Socialize. T-Pain didn’t become famous all by himself. Many artists looked forward to working with him after he released his debut studio album, and T-Pain didn’t miss any chances. He started collaborating with other rappers, which gave a significant boost to his success.
- Hard work always pays off. It took years of hard work for T-Pain to become good at what he does. He developed an interest in music when he was just 3 years old. He worked consistently and tirelessly to stand out from his competition.
- Change the conversation. During his early years, T-Pain was criticized for using auto-tune. He was called talentless, and his singing was called “bland.” Instead of arguing and defending his actions, T-Pain hosted an auto-tune-free concert on NPR in which he showed his impressive vocal range live. After the concert, everyone’s perception changed and they started calling him a ‘gifted musician.’
Interesting Facts about T-Pain
- T-Pain hates being on boats.
- The first-ever song he learned to play was the Black National Anthem.
- At the start of his career, T-Pain turned down a $900,000 sign-up bonus by Interscope and chose to work with Akon.
- T-Pain cut off his iconic dreadlocks in 2013.
- He was arrested for using a suspended license in 2007.
Is T-Pain broke?
T-Pain stated that he became broke due to “bad business decisions” and spending approximately $40 million in an interview by The Breakfast Club. However, the singer has regained financial stability in recent years.
Does T-Pain have any diamond certified songs?
The song “Low” by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain is a diamond-certified song with over 10 million sales. Only 57 songs have ever been certified diamond by the RIAA.
How many platinums does T-Pain have?
T-Pain has a total of 5 platinum-certified singles. “Happy Hour: The Greatest Hits (2014)” is the latest one.
Which album released by T-Pain is the best?
T-Pain’s debut album “Rappa Ternt Sanga” is his most successful album. It is ranked at number 28,755 in the overall greatest album chart.
T-Pain has released a total of six studio albums. His first three albums, “Rappa Ternt Sanga,” “Epiphany,” and “Three Ringz,” dominated the US Billboard charts for weeks. Due to his distinctive vocals and exceptional songs, he collaborated with artists such as Wiz Khalifa, DJ Khaled, Chris Brown, and Kanye West. Lately, T-Pain has been involved in feuds with rappers, and recently claimed that Chris Brown has a ‘Princess Complex.’
Read Next: Top Hip Hop Quotes About Happiness In Life
Featured image credit: stock_photo_world / Shutterstock.com