What is Tamar Braxton’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting, Singing|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1977|
|Height||5’7 / 1.71m|
|Place of Birth||Severn, Mayland, United States|
- Tamar Braxton’s Introduction
- Early Life of Tamar Braxton
- Tamar Braxton’s Career
- Highlights of Tamar Braxton’s Career
- Tamar Braxton’s Personal Life
- Tamar Braxton’s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Tamar Braxton
- Success Lessons from Tamar Braxton
- Interesting Facts about Tamar Braxton
Tamar Braxton’s Introduction
Tamar Braxton is a 45-year-old American singer, songwriter, actress, and iconic TV personality — best known for being the founder of “The Braxtons” band. She released many publicly and critically acclaimed albums like “So Many Ways” and “Calling All Lovers,” which garnered her many prestigious awards. She is particularly recognized for her “Love and War” album.
Besides singing, this multi-talented singer portrayed creativity in numerous ways; she took the internet by storm with her stellar performances in TV shows. Tamar is also a renowned producer and presenter in the television industry.
Early Life of Tamar Braxton
Tamar Estine Braxton was born on March 17, 1977, in Severn, Mayland, to Michael and Evelyn Braxton. She is the youngest among five sisters and one brother. Her sister, Traci Braxton, recently passed away in March 2022.
Growing up in a family of music lovers, Tamar also developed a passion for singing. Her father was a pastor, and Tamar used to sing in the church choir with her siblings.
Read More: Lisa Bonet Interesting Facts and Early Life
Tamar Braxton’s Career
Tamar and her four sisters formed an R&B band called “The Braxtons” and signed with Arista Records. The group captured the public’s attention with their single “Good Life.” Their fame was short-lived as Arista Records canceled their deal due to marketing issues arising from the members’ age differences.
In 1996, the band dropped their first album, “So Many Ways,” which climbed to No. 26 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. However, Tamar left the group shortly to embark on a solo singing journey. Her album “Ridiculous” was a flop, causing her deal with DreamWorks Record to be dismissed.
Tamar gained mainstream success in 2013 with the debut of her second album titled “Love and War.” It sold a whopping 114,000 copies in its first week and peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. Tamar then released her fourth and fifth albums, “Calling All Lovers” and “Bluebird of Happiness,” which were also massive hits. Some of her notable songs include Love and War, The One, and All the Way Home, to name a few.
Tamar has also appeared in many popular TV Shows like “Braxton Family Values” and “Celebrity Big Brother.” In 2020, she began hosting the reality TV Show “To Catch A Beautician.”
Highlights of Tamar Braxton’s Career
- Braxton won three Soul Train Awards and one BET Award.
- She was nominated for a Grammy Award for her single “If I Don’t Have You.”
- Became the first African American woman to win “Celebrity Big Brother.”
- She won the fifth position in the “Dancing with the Stars” TV series.
Tamar Braxton’s Personal Life
Tamar Braxton married music producer Darrell Allamby in 2001. However, their marriage ended after just two years. Tamar then married Vincent, a music executive, in 2008. They welcomed a son in 2013. Their marriage also proved to be unsuccessful and ended in 2019. She is currently dating a financial advisor named David Adefeso.
Braxton suffers from many health issues; she has a skin condition known as vitiligo. She also faced a lung issue, which was why she left “Dancing with the Stars.” Braxton also became mentally ill and diagnosed with anxiety and depression.
Featured: Top 60 Richest Actresses in the World
Tamar Braxton’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Tamar Braxton
Tamar Braxton enthralls us with many influential quotes. Here are some notable ones:
- I’ve tried singing like somebody else, and it never worked for me. The only thing that has ever worked for me was me being me, so either you love it or not.”
- “You can find love when you are famous if you are the same person you were before you were famous.”
- “I never want my kids to feel like I’m just some housewife who was just kicking it with my husband, because that’s not the kind of woman that I am.”
Success Lessons from Tamar Braxton
Tamar stands as a bold figure for budding artists. Here are some lessons we can adopt from her life:
- Endure The Pain. One hallmark of Tamar is her exceptional endurance. Her first album was a big flop. She received sharp criticism from the public. Even under acute pressure, she endured the pain and silenced the growing hatred with her second album.
- Don’t Settle For Less. Tamar Braxton did not focus entirely on music. She diversified her career to include acting and hosting, which helped her gain widespread recognition. Try your hands at different things in life.
- It’s A Long Journey. Always remember that success is never a one-step ladder. You will face tens or even hundreds of hiccups along your journey. Tamar’s life is a perfect example of this concept. She started with a band and then progressed to becoming a lone ranger. Even after that, it took her many years to reach where she is right now.
- Stay Focused On Your Goal. Tamar adopted a strong love for singing when she was just a toddler and defined a goal for herself. She suffered a series of health problems and mental disorders, but she fought all of it head-on and never went off the track.
Interesting Facts about Tamar Braxton
Here are some interesting facts about Tamar Braxton that you might not have known of before:
- Before becoming a solo artist, she was a background vocal singer for Lady Gaga.
- Her song “Try Me” was a soundtrack for the film Kingdom Come.
- She has a clothing and shoe line named “Tamar Collection.”
- She was able to score a $1 million deal with eOne Music.
Did Tamar Braxton commit suicide?
On July 16, 2020, Tamar attempted to commit suicide. She was immediately hospitalized. His boyfriend immediately filed a restraining order against her.
Is the Braxton Family Values coming back in 2022?
Towanda Braxton disclosed that WE TV had canceled the show in February 2022.
Did Tamar Braxton appear in Adidas’ commercial?
She signed with Universal Records in 2010 and released the single “The Heart In Me,” which appeared on “Adidas 2: The Music Compilation.”
Tamar is an all-around entertainer known for her powerful multi-octave voice, which has garnered her several prestigious awards. She found many avenues to success through acting and hosting, which bolstered her recognition as a multi-talented African-American star.