What is Terrell Owens’ Net Worth?
|Source of Wealth||American Football Player|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1973|
|Height||6 ft 3 inches|
|Place of Birth||Alexander City, Alabama|
- Terrell Owens’ Introduction
- Early Life of Terrell Owens
- Terrell Owens’ Career
- Highlights of Terrell Owens’ Career
- Personal Life of Terrell Ownes
- Terrell Owens Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Terrell Owens
- Social Media Stats of Terrell Owens
- Success Lessons From Terrell Owens
- Interesting Facts About Terrell Owens
Terrell Owens’ Introduction
Terrell Eldorado Owens is a retired professional American football player, who played in the NFL for 16 seasons from 1996 to 2010, and then briefly returned in 2012. He is a six-time Pro Bowl selection and five-time first-team All-Pro. He holds and shares several NFL records. His net worth is estimated to be $500,000.
Early Life of Terrell Owens
Owens was born to L.C. Russell and Marilyn Heard on December 7, 1973, in Alexander City, Alabama. At ten years old, he discovered his father’s identity after liking his daughter, only to learn that she was his sister. He grew up with three other siblings and was raised by his mother and grandmother. He enjoyed watching football, especially his favorite player, Jerry Rice.
However, his grandmother initially forbade him from playing sports until high school. He attended Benjamin Russell High School, where he participated in a range of sports, including football, baseball, track, and basketball. However, he did not start on his high school football team until his junior year, when one of his teammates missed a game due to illness.
Terrell Owens’ Career
Owens was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in 1996, playing his first professional game against the New Orleans Saints. However, his first professional touchdown came on October 20, 1996, against the Cincinnati Bengals. He had a record-breaking day in 2000, with 20 catches in a 17-0 win over the Chicago Bears.
In a controversial move, he became a free agent and negotiated with other teams before he signed a contract for $49 million for seven years with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004. He suffered a severely sprained ankle and fractured fibula in one of his first games with the team and had to sit out the rest of the season.
After two years of a tense relationship with fellow teammates, coaching staff, and fans, the Eagles released him, and he signed a 3-year, 25-million-dollar deal with the Dallas Cowboys four days later, in March 2006.
His career-high moments came in 2007, setting many and becoming the first player in NFL history with at least one touchdown and six receptions in seven straight games. However, at the end of the year, he suffered another ankle sprain that kept him out for the remainder of the season.
In 2018, Owens was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame.
Highlights of Terrell Owens’ Career
Some of the best highlights of Owens’s career include:
- Owens was drafted out of little-known Tennessee-Chattanooga in the third round of the 1996 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers.
- He set a then-record for catches in a single game, 20 receptions, against the Chicago Bears on December 17, 2000.
- Owens led the 49ers in receptions five times and remains second in the 49ers’ record book in receptions (592), yards (8,572), and TDs (81).
- He eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark nine times over 11 years and had eight seasons with double-digit touchdown receptions.
- Owens was named All-Pro five times, in 2000-02, 2004, and 2007, and an All-NFC choice four times. He was also selected to six Pro Bowls and was named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team of the 2000s.
Personal Life of Terrell Ownes
Like many celebrities, Owens has been romantically involved with several women, including Vivica Fox, Lisa Leslie, Felisha Terrell, Candace Cabrera, Kita Williams, and Kip Force to name a few. He married Rachel Snider in January 2014, but three days after their wedding, she filed for divorce. He later dated Emily Morrison but also separated.
Owens is the father of two daughters and two sons by four different mothers. He has been sued by them for failure to pay child support.
Featured: LeBron James’ Greatest Success Lessons
Terrell Owens Related YouTube Video
Terrell Owens “T.O.” FULL Career Highlights | NFL Legends Highlights
Famous Quotes of Terrell Owens
- “As you get to know me, you kind of figure me out, that I’m not as probably as bad of a guy that I’ve been reported to be. I’m not that jerk.” – Terrell Owens
- “Once I step on the field, by the things I do in practice and the way I practice, you can’t tell that I don’t love the game. But I just know it deep down.” – Terrell Owens
- “I’ve always been pretty much a quiet person. When I was little, I got picked on a lot. After I went through all that, I pretty much kept to myself.” – Terrell Owens
Social Media Stats of Terrell Owens
Here are the social media statistics of Terrell Owens:
Success Lessons From Terrell Owens
Here are some important success lessons to learn from Owens:
1. Track your investments
Don’t chase high returns. Instead, find a manager who does not lose more than the market loses in downturns. If you can do that and simply keep pace in the upturns, you’re well on your way.
2. Save your money
If you want to retire early, or you happen to be a professional athlete – knowing that you will retire very early — you need to save a lot more than that!
Within each of those groups, mix it up. Own domestic and foreign stocks, large caps, and small caps.
Read more: Best You Are Amazing Quotes and Sayings
Interesting Facts About Terrell Owens
Here are some interesting facts about Owens:
- He has dated 14 women but is currently single.
- His wife, Rachel Snider, filed for divorce just three days after their wedding.
- He has four children from four different mothers.
- He was sued by all of his four children’s mothers for failure to pay child support.
Is Terrell Owens married?
No, Owens was divorced in 2014 and is currently leading a single life, with no dating.
What is Owens’s net worth?
Owens had a successful career, but mismanagement saw his net worth tumble down to $500,000.
What is Owens’s best record?
Owens set a huge feat when he recorded 20 receptions against the Chicago Bears.
Owens is a former American football player, well known for his on-field performances. However, his career was marred by many off-field issues. He is considered the best skilled wide receiver in football history and was selected for the Pro Bowl six times. His net worth is estimated to be $500,000.