What is Tom Holland’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$18 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1996|
|Height||5’7 / 170 cm|
|Place of Birth||Kingston Upon Thamas, London|
- Tom Holland‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Tom Holland
- Tom Holland‘s Career
- Highlights of Tom Holland‘s Career
- Personal Life of Tom Holland
- Tom Holland‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Tom Holland
- Social Media Stats of Tom Holland
- Success Lessons From Tom Holland
- Interesting Facts About Tom Holland
Tom Holland‘s Introduction
Tom Holland is a British actor and dancer. He is famously known for his role as Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, for which he won an MTV Award Best Performance in a Movie. Due to his outstanding acting, he has gathered a large fan base and influenced millions worldwide. Today, he has a net worth of $18 Million.
Early Life of Tom Holland
Thomas Stanley Holland was born in Kingston Upon Thames, England, on June 1, 1996. His father, Dominic Holland, is a comedian and author, while his mother, Nicola Elizabeth, is a photographer. Holland is the oldest child and has three younger brothers
Holland attended Donhead Preparatory school. However, he was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 7. Due to this medical condition, he was transferred to a private school so he could receive extra attention. Later, he graduated from Wimbledon college, followed by The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Croydon.
Due to his keen interest in dancing, he was first discovered in 2006 by choreographer, Lynne Page, in a hip-hop dancing class at Nifty Feet Dance School. Impressed by Holland’s acting and dancing skills, Page arranged an audition for him.
Tom Holland‘s Career
Holland made his first debut in 2008 in “Billy Elliot the Musical” as Michael, the protagonist’s best friend. The play aired on September 8 and was well-received by the critics.
Later, he made his first appearance in 2009 on the ITV1 show “The Feel Good Factor” and then transitioned into the Hollywood mainstream. In 2011, he bagged his first film in “Arrietty,” where Holland voiced the main character, Sho, in the Japanese movie that was dubbed in British English.
His first on-screen film debut was in “The Impossible,” which premiered at Toronto International Film Festival. The film was a major hit and grossed $198 million worldwide. Holland’s acting also received positive feedback and won several awards, including The London Film Critics Circle Award for “Young British Performer of the Year” and “The National Board of Review Award for Breakthrough Performance” to name a few.
He followed up by appearing in multiple movies, including “Locke,” “How I Live Now,” and “In the Heart of the Sea,” and worked along with famous actors such as Tom Hardy and Chris Hemsworth, making him more prominent in the film industry.
In June 2015, Marvel announced that Tom Holland was casted as Spider-Man in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movie. He signed a six-picture contract with the MCU and made his first appearance in 2016 in “Captain America; Civil War.”
In 2017, his second MCU movie, “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” was released. The movie was praised by critics worldwide and grossed approximately $900 million. Due to his exceptional performance in the film, he became the ‘Youngest Actor to Play a Title Role In the MCU’ according to The Guinness Book of World Records. Tom Holland was reportedly paid $500,000 for the role but was later compensated with a bonus of at least $1.5 million based on the movie’s exceptional performance.
Tom Holland went on to release five more movies, including Avengers; Infinity War (2018), Avengers: Endgame (2019), Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) respectively.
Apart from his MCU films, Tom Holland also played a role in “Uncharted,” which received great critical acclaim and grossed $401.8 million globally, thus becoming the fifth highest-grossing film based on a video game. Other projects of Holland include “Chaos Walking,” “Cherry,” and “The Devil Of All Time.” In 2019, Tom Holland did a second voice-over role in “Spies in Disguise” with Will Smith.
What our related video: 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Tom Holland
Highlights of Tom Holland‘s Career
- In 2022, he won Best Performance in a Movie by MTV Movie and TV Awards for Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- In 2017, he won the Rising Star Award for the 70th British Academy Film Award for “Himself.”
- For his debut on-screen movie “The Impossible,” he was nominated for 20 awards and won 9.
- Tom Holland’s upcoming movie “Fred Astair” is set to be released in 2024.
Personal Life of Tom Holland
Tom Holland is private and doesn’t like sharing his personal life information. He is currently in a relationship with his Spider-Man co-star, Zendaya, since November 2021.
At the age of 7, he was diagnosed with Dyslexia. He has a blue-colored dog named Tessa, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed. Holland, along with his 3 brothers, is also a sponsor of the non-profit charity “The Brother’s Trust,” which raises money for various charitable causes.
Holland has a reputation for leaking scripts and spoiling plots of movies. For this reason, he is only given scripts containing his dialogues to prevent these types of incidents.
Featured: Zendaya’s Relationship and TV Career
Tom Holland‘s Related YouTube Video
Tom holland spoiling marvel movies for 13 minutes straight
Famous Quotes of Tom Holland
- “The most important thing, in anything you do, is always trying your hardest, because even if you try your hardest and it’s not as good as you’d hoped, you still have that sense of not letting yourself down.”
- “The harder you try, the better the impression you set on the people around you.”
- “Peter Parker is probably the most relatable superhero – maybe ever – because he goes through something that basically everyone has to go through. Whether it’s puberty or talking to girls or doing homework, he does it in such a human way. That’s why he’s such a beloved character: because so many people can relate to him.”
Social Media Stats of Tom Holland
Success Lessons From Tom Holland
By becoming one of the youngest self-made multi-millionaire and a role model. Holland set some life leading lessons for us:
- Follow Your Passion. As Holland’s parents had creative jobs, he was inspired by them. From a young age he had a keen interest in role playing and dancing due to which he became the amazing actor he is today.
- Success doesn’t need an age. At the age of 12, he played the role of Billy Elliot in the play “Billy Elliot the Musical.” Now, Holland is a self made millionaire at the young age of 26. He had a long run before landing the role of Spider-Man that ultimately changed his life.
- Hard Work Pays Off. Tom Holland took many years before becoming prominent in the film industry. He took years of training and almost called it quits but never gave up. Shortly after, he landed the Spider-Man role after years of hard work.
Interesting Facts About Tom Holland
- Tom has thought about becoming a primary school teacher as he loves being around children.
- Tom Holland was of the perfect age and height when casted as the Spider-man, according to Stan Lee.
- Tom Holland attended ballet classes and took gymnastic training.
- He has a tattoo of Spider-man on the bottom of his foot.
- He performed a lip sync on Rihanna’s song umbrella, which has 131 million views.
Is Zendaya taller than Tom Holland in real life?
Zendaya is taller by 3 inches than Tom Holland. Tom Holland is 5’7 tall.
When did Tom Holland and Zendaya meet?
Tom Holland and Zendaya met in 2016 during the filming of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Is Tom Holland older than Zendaya?
Tom Holland is 3 months older than Zendaya. He was born on June 1, 1996, and Zendaya was born on September 1, 1996.
Are Tom Holland and Zendaya engaged?
Unfortunately, no. Tom Holland and Zendaya announced they were dating in June 2021. However, they have not announced any news of getting engaged, but fans are on a ring watch.
Before becoming famous, many people doubted Holland’s abilities. He forged a successful career at a relatively young age from doing theatrical plays to becoming the beloved Peter Parker we know from the MCU. Holland’s fame skyrocketed after the release of Spider-Man: Homecoming. The movie made him prominent in the industry and opened various new opportunities in his career.
Read Next: Matt Damon Worth and Early Life
Featured image credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com