What is Wesley Snipes’ Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Actor|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1962|
|Height||5’10 / 1.75 meters|
|Place of Birth||Orlando, Florida|
- Wesley Snipes’ Introduction
- Early Life of Wesley Snipes
- Wesley Snipes’s Career
- Highlights of Wesley Snipes’s Career
- Wesley Snipes’s Personal Life
- Famous Quotes of Wesley Snipes
- Social Media Stats of Wesley Snipes
- Success Lessons from Wesley Snipes
- Interesting Facts about Wesley Snipes
Wesley Snipes’ Introduction
Wesley Snipes is a 59-year-old American actor and producer. He is well-known for starring in various action-adventure and thriller movies. He created a production company for film and TV known as “Amen-Ra Films.”
Wesley entered the spotlight after playing a role in the blockbuster hit “Blade.” He stands out in comic roles as well. Wesley has been the first preference for many filmmakers due to his outstanding acting skills and screen appearance, which earned him a series of prestigious awards.
Early Life of Wesley Snipes
Wesley Trent Snipes was born in Orlando, Florida, on July 31, 1962. His father, Wesley Rudolph Snipes, was an aircraft engineer, while his mother, Marian Snipes, was a teaching assistant.
Wesley spent his early childhood in the Bronx, New York. He studied his early years at P.S. 132 school and then moved to I.S. 131. He went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing but graduated from Jonas High School.
From an early age, Wesley had a strong passion for acting. During his time in school, Wesley actively participated in many musical theaters and drama acts. Moreover, he studied at the State University of New York, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Wesley Snipes’s Career
Snipe’s acting career began at the age of 23 when an agent was overwhelmed by his remarkable performance in a competition. He was cast for a motion-picture called “Wildcats” in 1986, where he made his first acting debut. The following year, he appeared in Michael Jackson’s song “Bad” as his nemesis that gained over 75 million views.
His appearance in Jackson’s music video was a stepping stone to his stardom: he began receiving countless project offers in Hollywood. Director Spike Lee casted him as a jazz saxophonist along with Denzel Washington in his film “Mo’ Better Blues.” Next year, Spike gave him a lead role in the drama/romance film “Jungle Fever,” which was nominated for several prestigious awards. In the same year, he also role-played as Nino, a ruthless drug lord, in the movie “New Jack City,” which solidified him as one of the most memorable movie characters to this day.
After a long series of action movies, he was offered a role in the vampire-based blockbuster “Blade.” The movie’s success inspired the producers to release the second sequel, “Blade II,” which was another massive hit. “Blade III” was released in 2004, where Snipe was co-starring with celebrities like Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel.
In addition, Wesley also received a lot of attention for his roles in Passenger 57, The Comedy, White Men Can’t Jump, and the emotionally-wrought The Waterdance. Other notable performances include Brooklyn’s Finest, The Expendables 3, and the Dolomite Is My Name, which nominated him for numerous awards.
Highlights of Wesley Snipes’s Career
- He won the “Best Actor Volpi Cup” in 1997 at the Venice Film Festival.
- Wesley was awarded a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He received the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture.
- The Blade series grossed over $150 Million world-wide.
Wesley Snipes’s Personal Life
Snipes married April Snipes in 1985. They have a son named Jelani Asar Snipe. However, their marriage was short-lived, and they both divorced in 1990. Wesley then married Nakyung “Nikki” Park, a painter, and has four children with her.
Snipes is a skilled martial artist. He began training for it when he was only 12 and has a fifth-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate. He is also well-trained in Brazilian Martial arts, Capoeira, and Kung Fu at the USA Shaolin Temple. Snipes later went to New York to develop his fighting skills under mentor Brooke Ellis.
Unfortunately, his life took a serious turn in 2008 when he was charged on account of tax evasion. Wesley was expected to pay taxes worth $2.7 Million. His failure to pay resulted in his imprisonment for three years. He attempted to appeal to the Supreme Court, but they declined. This was the most significant setback in his life, and Wesley widely became known as a living culprit.
Wesley Snipes’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Wesley Snipes
Wesley’s words of wisdom are a real blessing for us. Let’s take a glimpse into some of the most influential quotes to date.
- “Well, I’m an artist to the core. And my objective has always been to use my talents and my skills to elevate humanity through my art.”
- “There’s a lot of great stuff on television and that’s very appealing to actors who want to work, who do good quality and high quality work. But you’re always concerned that the time demands on television will interrupt or interfere with your film work.”
- “I was always looking for the next opportunity to play with some skillset that I had, learn something I didn’t know, and work with talent that I admired. I never looked at film as being a movie star. I wish I would have paid more attention to it.”
Social Media Stats of Wesley Snipes
The people widely applauded Wesley’s incredible acting skills, earning him a considerable fan base. Here is a measure of his immense fame in some statistical terms:
Success Lessons from Wesley Snipes
Wesley has been an exemplary figure for all of us. Here are some important lessons we can all adapt to our lives.
- Setbacks are just a distraction. Wesley faced several hurdles in life, including tax evasion. But do you know what sets him apart from the others? His persistence. Although it significantly lowered his reputation, he still didn’t give up. He fought it off with his resilience.
- Give it your all yourself. As the preceding phrase suggests, if you want to top the charts, you must strive hard. Wesley did not magically attain this remarkable position. He worked to his maximum capacity and devoted all his heart to standing out in the film industry.
- Stay patient. Wesley’s glorious career did not kick off well; it took him many years to achieve mastery in acting. He played as a minor in many movies before being offered a lead role, which boosted his fame. While staying patient can be dry, the reward is often fruitful. His role in the “Blade” is a classic example for us.
Interesting Facts about Wesley Snipes
Here are some of the exciting facts about Wesley Snipes that we bet you didn’t know of:
- Marvel approached Wesley to play a role in Black Panther.
- Snipe was initially considered for playing Geordi La Forge in the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- He sued New Line Cinema and director David S. Goyer because of his short screen time in Blade: Trinity.
- He was a Christian but embraced Islam in 1978.
Was Wesley Snipes an athlete?
Snipes was cast as an athlete because he was an experienced martial artist and naturally possessed a dancer’s elegance and balance.
Did Wesley Snipes do his stunts in Blade?
Snipes is a martial arts expert who has also done his own stunt work as an actor. He has been popularized as the character in the Blade movies, thanks to his one-liners and total bad-ass character.
How is Wesley Snipes’ health?
After a long time, he appeared at a show, which initiated the rumors that he was ill. In addition, his sudden weight loss made many people believe that Wesley was sick. However, according to a source, Wesley is completely fine.
Ever since he stepped into the film industry, Wesley has been taking the action movie fans by storm; he has been delivering solid performances that make him one of the most beloved and sought-out talents in the past 30 years. With his enduring work, he formed many new connections with famous celebrities, establishing himself as one of the finest actors in the entertainment sector.
Featured image credit: Andrea Raffin / Shutterstock.com