What is Yo Gotti’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Singing, Business|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1981|
|Height||5’7” / 170 cm|
|Place of Birth||Memphis, Tennessee, US|
|Partner||Lakeisha Mims (divorced)|
- Yo Gotti‘s Introduction
- Early Life of Yo Gotti
- Yo Gotti‘s Career
- Highlights of Yo Gotti‘s Career
- Yo Gotti‘s Personal Life
- Yo Gotti‘s Related YouTube Video
- Famous Quotes of Yo Gotti
- Success Lessons From Yo Gotti
- Interesting Facts About Yo Gotti
Yo Gotti‘s Introduction
Yo Gotti is a 41-year-old rapper from Memphis who became one of the leading rappers of modern times despite having a rough childhood. He has released 11 albums to date, and his collaborations with other A-list music artists have amassed millions of views. Gotti is currently in the prime of his career and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Early Life of Yo Gotti
Mario Sentell Giden Mims was born on May 19, 1981, in Memphis, Tennessee, to a poor family in the crime-riddled Frayser neighborhood. As he himself reported, there was a time when he could not even afford shoes.
Struck by extreme poverty, his family turned to drug dealing to make ends meet. When he was only in third grade, his house was raided by law enforcement. Many of his family members were arrested and sentenced to over 15 years behind bars.
Gotti started his music journey as a local rapper under the stage name Lil Yo at age 14. In the coming years, he started making a name for himself in the highly competitive industry.
Related: Gucci Mane’s Personal Life
Yo Gotti‘s Career
Gotti initially stepped foot into hip-hop as an affiliate of DJ Sound. After sticking with Sound’s crew for a few years, Gotti started releasing independent albums. He made his professional music debut in 2000 with the album “From Da Dope Game 2 Da Rap Game.”
He followed this up with several additional album releases in the next decade, seeing mixed success. Gotti first became relatively popular in the late 2000s after collaborating with other big names such as Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane.
Gotti released his debut studio album “Live From The Kitchen” in 2012. Shortly after, he established his own music label, CMG (Collective Music Group).
After a decade of consistent music production, Gotti has 11 total albums to his name today. Many of these albums have seen themselves rank very highly on Billboard and Hip-Hop charts. In 2021, Gotti became a co-founder of the professional soccer club D.C. United. His latest album, “CM10: Free Game,” was released on February 2022.
Highlights of Yo Gotti‘s Career
- Released his debut studio album “Live From The Kitchen” in 2012
- Found his own music label, CMG, in 2012
- Released the national hit, “Rake It Up” ft. Nicki Minaj in 2017
- Became a co-founder of D.C United in 2021
Yo Gotti‘s Personal Life
Yo Gotti was married to Lakeisha Mims and had three kids with her, but the couple divorced due to undisclosed reasons. According to court statements, the custody of their children remains with Gotti.
After divorcing Mims, Gotti began dating Jammie Moses. Reports indicate that Gotti has had three children with Moses as well, but the current status of their relationship is unknown.
Featured: Interesting Facts About Lil Wayne
Yo Gotti‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Yo Gotti
A multimillionaire today, Yo Gotti hails from troubled beginnings. Here are some of his famous comments that give us some insight into his backstory:
- “As a street hustler, you’ve got to be smarter than everybody. You have to outsmart the police, you have to outsmart the people in competition with you, you have to outsmart all the opposition.”
- “Memphis breeds hustlers, I feel. It’s just cutthroat living period, so to survive around vultures and savages like that, it prepares you for whatever profession you go in.”
- “It was once upon a time where me, myself as a kid – and I know plenty of people who grew up the same way – couldn’t even afford a pair of shoes.”
Success Lessons From Yo Gotti
Here are some success lessons we can learn from one of the oldest and most respected rappers in the industry:
- If you want something, you’ll need to work hard for it. Modern-day celebrities make success look effortless. In reality, it is anything but effortless. Yo Gotti has worked hard to get to where he is; his first sales were mixtapes sold out of the trunk of a car.
- Replace bad habits with good ones. We hear this advice often, and with good reason – it works. Yo Gotti used to smoke, drink, and steal during his childhood and early teenage years. He replaced these damaging habits with music.
- Explore new avenues for growth. As the saying goes, “Don’t put all your eggs in a single basket.” In addition to rapping, Gotti founded his own music label and, more recently, became the co-founder for D.C United. He also has an impressive multi-million dollar real estate portfolio.
- Collaborate. Gotti has benefited greatly from his collaborations with other artists. DJ Sound, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, and Nicki Minaj are just a few of those names.
Interesting Facts About Yo Gotti
We’ve collected for you some interesting and little-known facts about Yo Gotti:
- Gotti has cited Master P and Dr. Dre as his early inspirations.
- Gotti has built up a luxurious jewelry collection that has an estimated value of over $1 million.
- Gotti’s father was a gym owner from Zimbabwe. His mother, on the other hand, was an African immigrant.
- CMG was formerly known as the Cocaine Muzik Group but was later renamed for obvious reasons.
Where is Yo Gotti now?
Gotti resides in his lavish $7.6 million mansion in Westlake Village, California.
Does Yo Gotti have an education?
Gotti reports having attended the Southwest Community College in Memphis. He applied to Texas State University but failed to acquire admission.
What is Born Hustler?
Born Hustler is a 14-minute documentary that details the events surrounding Gotti’s childhood in Memphis.
Yo Gotti endured tons of hardships throughout his childhood. But, despite all these challenges, he succeeded as a rapper. Today, he boasts a $16 million net worth and owns his own record label CMG that hires new talent. His king-sized mansion, expensive car collection, and luxurious jewelry set are all proves that he made it big.
Read next: Dr. Dre’s Life and Career